The Night Children: Strange Begginings | Teen Ink

The Night Children: Strange Begginings

By Lechelle Allison, Dallas, Texas
Lechelle Allison, Dallas, Texas

She finally found a way to get rid of us, I thought as I stuffed my favorite shirt into my suitcase. Packing my bags last minute in an orphanage was so not a good idea. I am with my only two friends Shelby Cromwell and Michael Benson; after much pleading they decided to help me pack, even though they had told me to pack earlier. When I was finally done packing, we just sat on my bed and talked until Mrs. Copperstone (the woman who runs the orphanage and, hates us for no reason, as far as we know) came and told us it was time to leave. We grabbed our bags and went to get in the bright yellow and ugly car. Well we are being banished to a boot camp in England. Well I think it’s a boot camp. She told us we are going there because we always talk back to her; and don’t do what she tells us to (yeah I know that’s stupid. Tell her that). While she was driving us to the airport, we stopped at the gas station, and she got us each a bag of chips, some candy, and a bottle of soda and water to take with us.
“She’s being awfully nice to us” Shelby whispered to Michael and me.
“I know it’s weird, but she’s probably just being nice to us because we’re leaving.” I whispered back.
It toke us 3 hours to get to the airport and she stood there, watching us go into, and through security. We waited 2 hours to get on the plane, and we were tired. By the time everyone was on the plane and situated it was 10 O-clock at night. I got a book out and started to read, before I went to sleep. When they came by with drinks I was so thirsty I only wanted water. When I had finished the water I put my book and the water bottle in my carryon. Then I settled down to try to catch a little shuteye. During the night I kept waking up on and off, because the seat was so uncomfortable. Plus we kept hitting spots of turbulence. So the third time I woke up I got my book out and read until I fell asleep from exhaustion.

When the plane eventually landed, Shelby woke me up by hitting me upside the head with my book. I jumped up so fast I hit my head on the ceiling. I was going to let it go but I couldn’t resist when she said, “And don’t you dare yell at me either.”
“You can’t expect me not to YELL, Shelby! NO one told you it was okay to HIT me on the HEAD to wake me UP; you and Michael KNOW how to wake me up! Really, Shelby what in the name of sanity made you think that I wouldn’t yell at you?” I screamed at her.
“Ariel, Shelby, come on you two, you can work this out when we get off this plane,” Michael said to the both of us.
We grabbed our bags and I snatched my book from Shelby’s hands, and we all hurried off the plane. When we were outside, we searched for whoever was going to pick us up, but we didn’t see anyone. So we went back inside and got something to eat. At about 9 we went back outside and there was a bus with a bunch of teens inside. When we set our bags down this man with a clipboard came out of the bus and asked.
“Are you kids Ariel, Shelby, and Michael?”
“Yes,” Michael answered.
“Well hello, I am the director of Camp Saline. My name is Jason Stanley and I have two daughters that are twins. They are off limits. Their names are Jade and Jennifer Stanley. Now please get on the bus, I will take your bags.” He told us.
When the three of us entered the bus, Michael and Shelby found someone sitting alone so they joined the girl, but I couldn’t find a seat. I went all the way to the back and finally found someone sitting by himself, but the seat only seated one person.
“Hi can I sit with you?” I asked him.
When he looked up he answered, “Yeah, sure.”
I went to take a seat, but he got up and said “Here, take the window seat.”
When we were all seated, the bus driver went over the rules (Don’t ask how many rules there were, I lost count after rule 28) and at last sat down in the driver’s seat and started the bus.
“Hi, my name is Joshua Benson, what’s yours?” he asked.
“My name is Ariel Stormwell,” I answered.
“Why did you get sent here?” he inquired.
“That’s a good question, I don’t know,” I answered.
“Well whatever the reason I hope you have fun.” He replied.
After he said that I watched the miles and miles of green blur pass by out the window until I fell asleep.

I was awoken when the bus lurched to a stop. When I looked out the window all I saw was what appeared to be a clearing in the forest we had been driving through. The others were all confused as to why we had stopped. That was about the moment when I realized I had been sleeping on Josh’s shoulder, I immediately sat straight up feeling a little embarrassed.
“Well hello there, sleepy head,” he said in a teasing tone.
“Josh, why have we stopped?” I asked while stretching my arms.
“I don’t know, but I will go see,” he answered.
When he went to ask the bus driver, I decided I might as well go with him. We walked up to the front and went to talk to Mr. Stanley. When we arrived at the front, he was just about to exit the bus.
“Hey, what’s going on, here?” I asked.
“Oh, the reason we stopped is that I figured you kids could use a break, and you all may be hungry. Tell the others that they can get off the bus for a few minutes.” Jason told us.
“Hey everyone you can get off the bus if you want. Jason told us to tell you all that,” Josh told them.
The only ones that got off were Michael and Shelby. We were just standing outside, talking. When Jason came out of the little store, he asked us four if we wanted something to eat and if we had money to get anything. We said no so he gave us $20 each, and when his daughter got off the bus he also gave them $20. We all went into the store and bought us something to eat, snack on, to drink. When everyone was on the bus again, we started moving again. Josh and I were still in the back sitting with each other. He pulled out an iPod touch, and handed it over to me. I downloaded the movie “Thor”.
We were in the middle of movie when the bus stopped. I noticed we were out in the middle of a woodsy meadow. The camp director got off the bus and yanked a whole lot of sleeping bags out of the side of the bus. Everyone got off the bus, except Josh and I. The camp director asked us if we were going to sleep out there with everyone else or sleep in the bus. We both said we were going to sleep on the bus. A We finished watching the movie and got something out of the bag to eat. When I finished eating I fell asleep instantly.

The next time I woke up was when Josh woke me up. When I looked at the fence I could not believe my eyes. The fence was black with a whole lot of different creatures, and wars on it. When we went into the camp it was very beautiful. The cabins were different colors and everything there was a swimming pool, a climbing wall, gardens, and a picnic area. I just could not believe my eyes at what I was seeing. The cabins had numbers and names on the doors telling what they were and who they were. In cabin 1 and 2 there was trolls; Tomas and Justin, in cabin 3 and 4there was witches; Samantha, and Brianna. In cabin 5 and 6 there was Demigods; Elizabeth (a daughter of Poseidon), and Jonathon (son of Ares). Then in cabin 7 there was werewolves and vampires; Emily (the vampire), and James (the werewolf), and Shelby, Josh, Michael and I was placed in Cabin 8.
The water in the swimming pool was crystal blue, and you could see right through it.
The picnic area had a beautiful canopy over the tables. Our cabin was blue on the out side and white on the inside. We had 4 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, a kitchen, and a living room. In the living room there was a DVD player, a flat screen TV, and five shelves full of DVDs. There was a brown wooden coffee table, a long black leather couch that at the end it looked like there was a bed on it. Then by the TV there was a game system with a whole lot of video games. I got the bedroom with bathroom it. My bedroom had a canopy bed with black see through cartons hanging over the bed. There was a computer on a desk in the corner. I put the clothes in the closet and dresser. The closet small, but the bathroom is kind of small. The tub was a hot tub and there was a shower with a door that slides. The other bedrooms were like mine except for the bathroom. And for some reason I was so tired so I laid down on the bed. I was about to fall asleep but Josh came in with something to eat. While I was eating we were talking about little stupid things. When I was done eating he set the plate on the dresser, and came back to the bed. I laid back down and after a while we fell asleep.

We were here for three weeks and we all were having fun. Josh asked me out and Michael asked Shelby out, but after awhile my throat started burning, Michael was growing two feet every day, and every time Shelby was around weird things start to happen. Nothing was happening to Josh though.
I also got into a fight with Jennifer over Jade. She didn’t like it that I was hanging out with Jade so she came up to me when she wasn’t around, Jennifer came up to and told me,
“You better stay away from my sister or else.”
“Or else what, what are you going to do to me?”
“I will drain you, and put your body where no one can find it.” She answered.
“Do you really think I am scared of you?” I asked her.
“You should be” She told me and walked off.
I rolled my eyes and went to my cabin where my friends were watching Lemonade Mouth.
I walked in and told them we have to leave.
“Why do we have to leave” Josh asked.
“Something is going to happen and I want answers’ and I can not them here.” I answered while packing.

We waited in the cabin until midnight. We watched movies and ate the microwave food. When it was finally midnight, a lot of us were tired, but we got up and grabbed our backpacks that we packed.
When we were at the fence, Michael climbed up the fence and went over it. When Michael was over we threw our backpacks over and helped each other over the fence. When we were over we were instantly in the woods. It was pitch black, but surprisingly Michael and I was able to see. We led Josh and Shelby deeper into the woods, until we pretty much could not walk anymore.

The next morning I was woke by Shelby saying that we should get going. When we were dressed we woke up the guys and me and her started eating, since she had breakfast ready. After the guys were done eating we packed everything up we started hiking. After awhile we became board, so we started playing games. We played until we became tired and it was night.
We made camp and told stories while eating. About 7 at night we started becoming tired so we just laid down. I started reading by the light of Josh’s IPod. About 10 I put the IPod in my pocket and my book in the bag and went to sleep.

I was woke up the by the driest burning sensation in my throat. It felt like cotton that was on fire. I looked over at the others Josh was in the water, Shelby was floating in mid air glowing, and Michael was screaming and shaking.
I was just looking around and thinking trying to get rid of the burn in my throat. When something caught my eye, I looked more closely, and it was a mountain lion. All of sudden the burn in my throat got worse, and I could smell the blood in the animal. I could also see better, I could see that the lion was coming towards us, and when it was close enough I pounced. The blood soothed the burn in my throat. I was scared and excited. Excited because I finally got rid the burning sensation in my throat, and scared because I didn’t know what was happening to me. When I was done I pushed the animal’s body away and looked around. I noticed Michael was not there anymore, and in his place was a werewolf.

I was woke up by the sun this morning, and I noticed the burn in my throat was gone. I looked over at the others Shelby was laying down on the ground, Michael was on the ground naked, and Josh was floating the water. I woke Shelby up first and told her to get Michael up and tell him to put on some freaking clothes. While she was doing that I went and woke up Josh. When I did that he pushed me under, so I toke him down with me. When we came back up I noticed I was in his arms, and when I looked into his eyes, he kissed me, and I kissed him back. Shelby interrupted us and we got out, I got out and went and got dressed. When we were all dressed and packed up, we started walking again.
“Hey, guys I wonder why no is looking for us” Shelby said.
“I don’t know, maybe they haven’t noticed that we are gone” Michael Said.
“Or they just don’t care if we’re gone or not” I replied.
We just forgot about that for a little while, and kept walking.

We kept walking until we started to see an opening. By the time we knew it we were running. When we got to the sidewalk we started walking again. We was looking for a place to eat when we started to hear crying from an alley way. Shelby and I went into the alley way and saw three kids, one that looked like a six year old, and two baby girls.
“Hello, my name is Ariel, and this is my friend Shelby. “What is your name?” Shelby asked. “My name is Jason Taylor Cromwell,” he answered. “What are your sisters’ names?” I asked.
“Their names are Sara Cromwell and Amelia Cromwell” he said. “How old are you and your sisters?” Shelby asked.
Um, I am six years old and my sisters are three months old each,” He answered.
When Shelby and I tried to pick up the twin girls the boy stopped us, and asked what we were doing.
“We are going to help you with your sisters and try to find your mother,” Shelby answered.
“Oh, ok,” he replied.
We went to the restaurant were the guys were and left the kids with them, while Shelby and I went to the store. I got baby bottles, lots of formula, dippers, and a dipper bag, while Shelby got a stroller that fit two car seats. After we paid for the things we went to the restaurant and ordered something to eat.
“Who is your mother” I asked Taylor.
“My moms name is Susan Elizabeth Cromwell” he answered.
I went up to the counter and asked were their library is.
“It’s right across the street” the waitress answered.
After we ate Shelby and the guys toke the kids and went to get a hotel room, I went the library to try to find out some information on Susan Cromwell.

I went to the library to look up Susan Elizabeth Cromwell, but when I went in all the computers were being used. So I went up to the desk and got myself a library card, and went to look at the books to pass the time. I found myself six books, when one of the computers opened up I went and set down at it. I went on Google and typed in Shelby Elizabeth Cromwell. I found three articles, and here they are:
Monday November 24, 1724
King Edwin and Queen Sara Stormwell was burned in their castle, but the Princess Ariel Carrie Stormwell was not in the fire, she went missing the day after. She was over at the Santos’s castle visiting them. When she came back the castle was on fire. She was taken into custody for questioning, but she disappeared before she was questioned. If you see her, bring her in for questioning.
Friday October 23, 1745
Queen Amelia and King George Benson their sons Joshua and Michael disappeared the day of their ball. A reward for 26 dollars if found and returned, if impersonated the people who are behind it will be hanged.
Tuesday September 13, 1798
30 year old Susan Elizabeth Cromwell hung as a witch. Mother of four kids, her two twin girls, Amelia and Sara Cromwell, and her son Taylor went missing right after her death for her crime. Her elder child Shelby disappeared when her son was born. Have you seen these wanted children: Shelby Eliza Cromwell, Amelia Esme Cromwell, Isabella Sara Cromwell, and Jason Taylor Cromwell?
After I found these articles I printed them out and paid the librarian for them and after I toke them I checked out the books. I texted Josh and asked him to meet me at the restaurant and bring the others.

After three cups of soda they finally came, I toke Sara and started to feed her the bottle Josh made for her. When they were seated, Shelby asked “What’s going on?”
“Did you find anything?” Josh asked.
“Yes, I did” burping Sara and putting her in one the car seats. “I found three articles, one about the kids and Shelby, one about you and Michael, and one about me.” I answered.
“Can you tell me about the one about me?” Shelby asked.
“Yeah I can?” I answered. “Well it starts like this: 30 year old Susan Elizabeth Cromwell hung for being a witch. Her twin daughters and her son disappeared the day of her death. Her oldest daughter disappeared when her son was born.” I told said.
“What was her kids names” Shelby asked.
“Shelby Eliza Cromwell, Jason Taylor Cromwell, Isabella Sara Cromwell, and Amelia Esme Cromwell” I answered.
“What about us” the guys asked.
“Well this is what I found and told them word by word. Queen Amelia and King George Benson sons disappeared the day of their ball. A reward for 26 dollars if found. Their names are Jonathon Michael Benson and Joshua Edwin Benson.” I answered.
“That’s our entire full names” they all said at once.
“You want to hear the story about me?” I asked.
“Yes we do” Josh answered.
“My article started like this. Queen Sara and King Edwin Stormwell were burned in their castle. Their daughter Ariel Emma Stormwell disappeared when she came home to a burned down house.
After I finished reading that, Josh said, “ We should go back to the camp and see if they remember us, we also should go back to were we came from to see if we still at least have a home or some where to go.”
“Why we will just get yelled at for running away” Shelby replied.
“Not really, because last year I ran away from camp and I came back because no one was looking for me.”
“Really” I said.
“Yeah, when I came back no one knew me or even bothered me. So I pretty much got by with anything. I didn’t have to do work or even do the stupid little activities they had” He answered.
“So are we going back or what?” Michael asked.
“I say we go back. What could it hurt” I answered. “Shelby.”
“Well OK, let’s go back” She answered.
We packed up the kids and our things and headed to where we came from.

When we had the twins in their strollers and Josh had Taylor in his arms we started heading back to the woods. By the time we got to the woods it was dark, and the twins were crying because they were hungry. We made camp and Shelby and I fed the twins, while the guys slept.
After the twins were asleep and Shelby was asleep I noticed my throat was starting to burn. I looked over were Michael was and there was a wolf in his place. I figured they were safe so I went to quench the burning in my throat.
I woke up them standing over me and near a cave.
“Where did you go” Michael asked.
“I went hunting so I could get rid of the burning in my throat, so it wouldn't get out of control and I attack one of you” I answered.
“Oh, well OK” Michael said.

We kept walking until night came and we couldn’t see or walk anymore. When I finally had the kids asleep, I noticed it was a full moon again tonight. I fall asleep right after Michael turned.
By the next morning Michael was turned back and we were feeding the kids. From where we were sitting I could see the camp from the distance. After Shelby and I were done feeding them, we put them to sleep and started walking towards the camp.

I can’t believe it we went by our cabin at the camp and it was empty. After we found out I left the others at the cabin and went to the directors’ cabin or cottage what ever you want to call it.
“Hello, Mr. Stanly,” I said.
“Well, hello, but do I know you kids,” he replied.
“Yes, we were here for three weeks, and you should know me. Because I have been coming here for the last three summers,” Josh answered.
“I am sorry, but I do not recognize you at all,” he replied.
“May I ask you all of your names?” Mr. Stanly asked.
“Yes, you may. I am Ariel Stormwell. This is my boyfriend Joshua Benson. The ones holding the babies are Shelby Cromwell and her boyfriend Michael Benson. You should have us listed for Cabin 8” I answered.
After I said that he checked his list and said “I am sorry but I can not find you on the list or even listed in cabin 8. Cabin 8 is empty from what my papers say.”
After that we said thank you, and left the camp and went to the airport.

We got 7 tickets to Dallas and got on the plane.
“What’s going on? Why didn’t the Director of Camp Saline have any record of us?” Shelby asked.
“I don’t know, but I am sure we are going to find out sooner or later.” I answered.
“Well I hope we find out sooner weather than later, Ariel” Shelby replied.
After the kids and guys were asleep, we went to sleep right after we put the bottles and dipper bags away. That same night Shelby and I were woken up by the twins. So we got up changed them and fed them.
“I wonder how long we are going to have to pretend to be their mother” Shelby asked.
“I don’t know, but I do know this, I hope we can find a place to live. Cause we can’t keep going like this.” I answered.
“Well let’s get some sleep we do half to deal with Mrs. Copperstone once we get to the orphanage.

Well we landed and we are on our way to the orphanage, to see if Mrs. Copperstone remembers us and to see if Shelby, Michael, and I have any records of being there.
We have just arrived at the orphanage and we have just run into some kids we used to help and take care of.
“Hey Kara, how are you doing?” Shelby asked.
“Do I know you?” Kara asked.
“Yes I used to be one of the teens taking care of you and your favorite one at that,” Shelby answered.
“I am sorry, but I do not know who you are” Kara replied.
After she said that and walked away, we went up to Mrs. Copperstone.
“Hey, Mrs. Copperstone what are you doing?” I asked.
“I am doing some paper work, how may I help you kids” she asked.
“Um, I was wondering about three teenagers named Ariel Stormwell, Shelby Cromwell, and Michael Benson” I replied.
She opened a drawer and was looking for the files of us, but she didn’t get any files out.
“I am sorry, but there is no one or even was here by those names” she said.
“What do you mean? Do you even recognize us?” Shelby asked.
“I am sorry, but no.” She replied, looking up at us.
“What do you mean you don’t recognize us? You sent us away to a boot camp because we got on your nerves all the dang time!” Shelby screamed.
When she started screaming at her, Michael and I dragged her out of the building.
“What are we going to do, Ariel?” Shelby asked while starting to cry.
“I don’t know, but we can see if the tree house is in the woods we used to play in.” I told her, while comforting her.
We grabbed the twins and Josh, and headed into the woods.
“We have to find some where to go to stay,” Michael said.
“I know, but we are just going to have to stay in the tree house up there for now” I replied.
We climbed the ladder and entered the tree house and found some of Shelby’s old baby doll things. There were two baby doll beds, and we put the twins to sleep in them. After Taylor was asleep, we went to bed.

That next morning surprisingly I woke up refreshed, and then when I started looking around I found out why. I was in this room that was really fancy. The bed I was in was a canopy bed, lace careens, lace blankets, pink pillows and white quilts. There was a bid mirror in a corner, a dresser against the wall where the door was. When I looked down at myself, I was in a dress, and barefoot. The dress was like what they wear in the 1700’s. I went over to the mirror to see if anything else changed and when I looked I didn’t have the streaks in my hair I was back to a brunette. I spent hours of time and money just to put the blonde and red streaks in.
I went to see if I could find Shelby, Michael or even Josh, but as soon as I stepped out the room I ran into two people, one woman, and a man. The woman looked just like me except the eyes; her eyes were a little darker.
“Ariel, is that you?” she asked.
“Yes, my name is Ariel, but may I ask you, who are you?” I answered.
“I am Queen Sara Stormwell and this is my husband King Edwin Stormwell” she replied.
“What is the date, and were are my friends?” I asked.
“I don’t know where your friends are, but it is September 14th, 1723 on a Monday morning” Edwin answered.
When he said that I slid down the wall, I could hear them asking me if I was alright, and I could hear my friends calling me.
“I’m over here!” I called to my friends.

They ran over to me and helped me up.
“Are you ok,” Josh asked.
“What happened to your high lights” Shelby asked.
“I am fine Josh, and I don’t know what happened to my highlights,” I answered.
“More importantly where the hell are we?” Michael asked.
“Why don’t we go down stairs and talk” the Sara suggested.
“Ok,” we replied.
As soon as we said that we were guided down stairs.

We were seated on a sofa in a really big living room. The living was white with furniture that only rich people would have.
“Well can you tell us your story” Edwin asked.
“I will start first, guys, and just to warn you this is a crazy story,” I answered.
“Well my name is Ariel Emma Stormwell. I have no idea where from, but I was in Dallas, Texas in a orphanage with Shelby Cromwell and Michael Benson. The orphanage lady didn’t like us at all, we were treated like we were trash, and finally she got so feed up with us she sent us to Camp Saline which supposedly is a boot camp for troubled kids.
“What was the year you and your friends were in?” Sara asked.
“The year was 2012,” Shelby answered.
“The world lasts that long?” Sara asked.
“Yes,” Josh answered.
“Can I finish or do you want to talk about something else?” I asked.
“Of course we are truly sorry,” Edwin answered.
I was really excited because we would finally get out of that stupid orphanage, and once I got on that bus I knew it may have been a boot camp or something like that. I didn’t care at that point. When I got on the bus I went to the very back and set in the seat that only seated one person. After a while there was no where to sit, so Josh asked me to sit down and I knew there wasn’t any where to sit so I said yes. We were talking and we were listening to his IPod.
When we finally got to the camp we stayed there for a few weeks, but things started happening, Michael was growing 2 to 3 inches or feet every day, and my throat was starting to kill me. So we ran so we wouldn’t hurt anyone. After a few days no one was looking for us and just kept walking. When it was a full moon one night, I got woke up by Michael screaming and shaking, my throat was killing me, and Shelby was floating and glowing in mid- air. That night Michael turned into a wolf, and I attacked an animal. That morning I woke up covered in blood, Shelby was just lying on the ground, and Michael was in a ball on the ground while Josh was in the water.
One day we came to an opening in the woods, it was a town and we were looking for a restaurant when we found the kids, Shelby’s sisters and brother. We took them in and did
Some research. I found out who our parents were, we went back to the camp, but no one there knew who we were, so we went to were Shelby, Michael and I started out, at the orphanage in Dallas. When no one recognized us there we went to the tree house we built when we were little kids and slept there, but we woke up here, and we have no idea how we got here.
“So you have no idea how you got here?” Edwin asked in a kind of surprised tone.
“That’s right,” I answered.
“So, I guess all of your stories are the same” Sara said.
“Almost except I have a different beginning” Josh replied.
“Well what’s your story” Edwin asked.
“Well, like them I was once in an orphanage, but I was adopted by James and Amy Sanchez. They let me choose if I wanted my last name changed, they really didn’t have the money and I didn’t care want last name I had as long as I had a home. So I kept my last name Benson. I am 15 years old and I have been going to that camp for two straight years, this year would count as three, but I never went back and stayed. I was 13 when I first went, and that was also when Amy and James died. From then on I stayed with James’s brother Jonathon Sanchez. He blamed me for his brother’s death and only let me stay if I promised to stay out of his way and I support myself. I found out that they made a will out and said that I get everything. I stayed in the house for a few months until the cops found out and made me go back to Jonathon’s, with the money they left me I never had to work, so I went to school to finish my education, and dearing the summer he sent me there. I had no problem with that because everyone acted like they didn’t know me, so I didn’t have to do anything.”
“And Ariel told the rest of my story when I was with them,” Josh said.
“May I ask who your parents are” Sara asked.
“Well you can guess mine. I found out my parents are Sara Stormwell and Edwin Stormwell, so you guys are my parents” Ariel replied.
“Carrie, is that you?” Edwin asked
“It’s me, but I don’t go by Carrie, I go by Ariel,” I answered.
“I’m sorry Ariel, you have been gone since you went over to your friends” Sara replied.
“I’m getting memories back from when I was a little girl. Mom, Dad?” Ariel said.
“It’s us, baby girl,” Sara said.

They hugged me and me and my mom just started crying. After the crying session, my dad led us to the dinning room and we ate dinner.

We just sat down to eat, when I noticed Shelby didn’t have any black, blue, or even purple streaks in her hair any more.
“Hey, Shelby what happened to your streaks in your hair?” I inquired
“What do you mean? I still have the streaks in hair, unlike you.” She answered.
“Yeah I know, why don’t you go like in the mirror and then come answer me,” I replied.
After I said that she asked to be excused and she went to find a mirror. In just a few minutes we heard a scream.
“ARIEL, where the HELL are my streaks, did you dye my hair back while I was asleep?” she screamed.
“Like I would know and with what blonde hair dye would I dye your hair?” I asked kind of yell at her.
As soon as she was back in the dinning room I told her “why don’t you take a look at my hair? I am back to a brunette, and do you think I am happy about that, no I am not, I am just dealing with it.” I said.
“Just sit down and like I said on the plane settle this later,” Michael yelled at the both of us.
After dinner we all went to bed.

“ARIEL, WAKEUP!” Michael, Mom, Dad, and Shelby yelled.
“What?” I asked in a sleepy tone.
“Look around you Ariel” Mom told me.
When I looked around I was in a living room kind of like a ball room.
“Where are we?” I asked.
“I don’t know, but this is sure a nice place,” Josh answered.
“Who are you people?” A woman and a man asked.
“Hi, I am Ariel Stormwell, and my parents Sara and Edwin Stormwell, and Joshua and Michael Benson, and Shelby Cromwell,” I answered.
“No that is impossible our sons disappeared two months ago” they said at the same time.
“Wow, let me guess you guys are the Bensons” I said.
“Yes, we are, and I am George Benson and this is my wife Amelia Benson” he replied.
“Well these boys are really Joshua and Michael Benson.” I told him.
After I said that Amelia rushed over to the guys and practically knocked them down. Well knocked over Josh, Michael was kind of like a statue.
“Josh are you ok?” I asked trying not to laugh.
“Yeah I am” he answered.
“Wow knocked over by your own mom, and you can pick me up, when no one else can,” I said.
“Just shut up Ariel” Josh yelled.
“Would you excuse my daughter please, I have no idea what is going on with her,” my mom said.
“Of course I can” Amelia said.
“Hey, where are the kids” I asked.
“I don’t know. I haven’t seen them since the tree house,” Michael answered.
“I just hope their safe where ever they are, and I sure as hell hope they are not with Mrs. Copperstone,” Shelby replied.

After awhile we had our story told and we just started playing games, and Shelby and I kept getting in trouble for not being lady like, but at this point we did not care if we were or not acting lady like.

Hey where are the kids” I asked.
“I don’t know, I haven’t seen them since the tree house,” Josh answered.
“I hope they are ok and not in any danger” Shelby replied.
“What are you kids talking about?” my mother asked.
“We are talking about the kids in our story,” Michael answered.
“Well today as been a long day and I say we all go to bed,” Michael’s mom told us.
We were escorted to a room for each of us. I don’t know what Shelby’s, Michael’s, and Joshua’s room looks like, but my room is really beautiful it was even more old fashioned than the room I woke in when we first came into the past to find our parents or get them it seems like. The bed was a canopy bed with blue cartons hanging down over it, there were even blue cartons hanging over the windows in there. After awhile of lying down and thinking I finally fell asleep.
I woke up by rocks pressing into my back and I know that I went to sleep on a soft mattress. When I looked around I found the others looking around also. All of sudden I started to hear crying from two babies and I recognized the cries. It was Amelia and Sara the twins we took care of.

When I was looking at the twins a woman came in and when she saw Shelby she dropped the pot she was holding.
“MOM,” Shelby screamed making the twins start crying again.
“Shelby you just scared the girls” I yelled at her.
“Sorry, but this is my mommy here,” Shelby replied.
“Hello you must be Mrs. Cromwell, I am Ariel Stormwell,” I said while watching Shelby and her hug.
“I don’t care if it’s King Kong, don’t do that again,” I told her.
“You can’t tell me….” Shelby started to yell, but got interrupted by her mom.
“Girls you don’t need to fight, but you should keep your voice down, you don’t have to yell. She is just looking after your sisters,” Mrs. Cromwell said.
“May I call you Susan or do you want me to call you Mrs. Cromwell?” I asked.
“You can call me Susan or even Lizzy, for Elizabeth,” Susan answered.
“Well Lizzy, were these kids here with you the whole time?” I asked.
“Yes, I was getting ready to go out and they just showed up out o f nowhere like you did, and I am so happy that I have my daughter back,” she answered.
“Well lets go back too our castle because I am not sleeping in this dump again. No offense towards you Susan, in fact you and your kids can come with us,” Mrs. Benson said.

As soon as we got there we were so tired that we went to bed. I wound up in the same room that I went to bed in last night.

When I woke up I was in the room I stayed when I was at the camp. I noticed that Josh and Michael were on the floor and Shelby was on the bed next to me.
“Good morning guys,” I said.
“Good morning, Ariel” Josh replied, taking me into his arms and kissing me.
When I looked over at Shelby, Michael was doing the same thing as Josh did to me.
After while of doing that my mom called us and told us we had to go eat breakfast with the others.
Well it looks like that we will be staying at the camp for awhile. I just hope that we don’t have to go back to the stupid orphanage, and I guess the camp director remembers us now since he said hi to us. So that means, since the camp director remembers us, Mrs. Copperstone remembers us. I guess this camp is our home, until our parents know how to live in the modern time.

This book has 1 comment.

Lechelle Allison, Dallas, Texas
I have just read through itand found out my friendchanged a lot of shit about my book