Quest To Freedom | Teen Ink

Quest To Freedom

December 18, 2013
By Anonymous

One day in Atlanta, Georgia Treyquan and Marty robbed a bank. Now as they speak there in a high speed pursuit. Treyquan was scared he has never done this before; he didn't want to serve the punishments. Unlike Marty he has been done this road plenty of times. Treyquan was a young 23 year old living in a 1 bedroom apartment in the most ghetto part of the town. Marty lived the high road he was loaded and had nobody to share it with.

Treyquan explained “Marty If I don't get out of here u better help me escape I Would do the same for you brother you know that”


“I Feel you I Got your back don't think that way well do whatever it takes don't worry,” Said Marty


After 17 Miles of complete pursuit from the cops the car died out Marty quickly said “There is a 9mm in the glove box grab it.”

Treyquan hesitated “But”

“Just grab it” Said Marty

“OK!” Shouted Treyquan

Treyquan grabbed it and ran out of the car and tried to get out of the cops sight as soon as possible. He looked around and thought to himself this isn’t possible there were helicopters, cars, armored trucks looking for just Treyquan, Marty, and the 346 Thousand dollars. Marty Followed Treyquan, she yelled at each other. Treyquan quickly firing his pistol toward cops for cover fire.

Treyquan Yelled “Marty it’s over bro”

Marty Shouted “No Never”

Treyquan looked behind him there were 2 high powered sniper rifles pointed right at him, and there was a helicopter pilot

Saying “Freeze and nobody gets hurt.”

At this point Marty was long gone and off the hook. So Treyquan put his hands behind his back and gave it up. He was quickly cuffed and arrested for felony evasion an assault on an officer, and felony armed robbery.

So Marty was now on his own once again, unlike Treyquan he was scared. Treyquan was put in public jail until Monday that was his court day. So he had 2 days to figure out on how he would represent himself in front of a judge.
The Guard Told Treyquan “You’re limited to one phone call so make it quick”
So Of Course he called Marty.

Marty Answered “Hello.”

Treyquan Replied “ Marty its Treyquan, I’m locked up I have court on Monday we will see where this goes from there so I will call you back then when I get the details, anyway did you get out safe?”

Marty Answered “Yes I’m fine, I will get you out you just need to wait I need to contact my old jail buddies we will make a plan.”

“Ok I’ll talk to you then” Said Treyquan

So for the past days treyquan relaxed and thought about his future. Treyquan’s court date came across; he was very scared of what the outcome would be. So the guard came and unlocked his cell and quickly cuffed him.

The Guard Said “Court Time”

Treyquan knew this worthless guard didn't give 2 craps about him. So Treyquan got thrown into a van and was driven down to the courthouse. He was walking up the stairs in an orange jumpsuit and cuffs on his legs and arms. Everybody was staring at him. He thought to himself who really cares. So when he walked into those big white doors, and looked around. The guard quickly pushed him and said “Hurry up convict.” Treyquan Walked into the courtroom looking at the big, white man sitting down knowing that was the judge. Treyquan sat down.

The Judge said “State your name”

“Treyquan Davis” Treyquan said

“Why are you here Treyquan?” Judge asked

The Attorney Jumped In “He is here for felony evasion, felony assault on a police officer, and felony armed robbery.

The Judge Replied “Wow that’s a mouth full’

Treyquan Gasped.

“Do you Plead Guilty or not guilty?” The judge asked in concern.

“Not Guilty your honor” Treyquan said

The Judge Pointed at the jury duty in despite to come up with a decision. Treyquan looked at them while they walked into the back of the court coming up with a decision, Treyquan looked concerned. He was hoping for a good outcome. While jury duties walked out in shame, the judge quickly asked “Show the court your pledges”, they showed the court, and of course exactly what Treyquan thought all the signs said “guilty.”

Treyquan cried “Why are you doing this to me why”

The Judge Explained “Treyquan Davis I sentence you to 23 years in a federal penitentiary.”

Treyquan cried “Ok I Guess I learn from for mistakes.”

The prison guards quickly grabbed treyquan and walked him out of the courthouse. Treyquan looked up at sunlight knowing that he will probably not be seeing that for a while. The guards tossed him in the back of the van like he was dirt. The drive back to the jail was calm he just played in the back just waiting to get to my new “home.” Once Treyquan got back to the jail there were guards from the prison waiting for him to transfer him to the most nearby prison. Treyquan was tossed to the other guards like a baseball in a warm summer day. Treyquan put his head down as he was tramped to the next van. The guards were ugly, fat, low-life kind of guys. So as Treyquan walked in the next door to start a new chapter in his life when he sees..................


Kevin, Kevin was his old friend from high school Kevin moved away after junior year and Treyquan never saw him again until today.

Treyquan Shouted Excited “Kevin Grouse”

Kevin replied “OMG is that you Treyquan?”

“Yes it is bro yes it is” Treyquan said.

The guard pushed treyquan and said “Hurry up convict no time to talk to your boyfriend” The guards laughed.

So after they sat Treyquan down by the processing area, and that’s when Kevin came over and they talked.

“What happen to you why you in here?” Kevin asked

“Felony Grand Theft, Felony Armed Robbery, and Felony assault on an officer with a deadly weapon.”

Kevin replied “Wow man that’s a lot of charges bro how long did you get?”

Treyquan said “23 to life”

Kevin replied concerned “Well I Hope you survive in this hell hole, any way I got arrested June of last year for Grand Theft Auto, and Felony evasion, i got 15 years.”

Treyquan said “Well that sucks”

Kevin gasped “I Know”

They loudspeaker called for Treyquan Davis, that means it time for the process step, and cell arrangements. Treyquan Finished the verification process and was assigned cell block C, cell 638a, and he was given a verification number 1009873 he knew this was his name in the state of Georgia now he was no longer Treyquan Davis. While Treyquan walked out in the waiting area, Kevin was still there he asked what your cell #is.

Treyquan Replied “638a Why”

“Are you serious I'm 638b, were cell buddies for 23 years.”

Treyquan was excited so as the guards escorted them to their cell Treyquan looked around he had to aware of his new surrounding because this was home to him for 23 years. Once Treyquan and Kevin got settled in their cell, they talked for a while and caught up.

Treyquan asked “Have you ever thought of escaping?”

Kevin replied “Yes I have but it’s not an option, my family is waiting for me on the outside so I don’t have time to screw around I’m just here to serve my time.”

Treyquan said “How about if I changed your mind for you dude we can do it just with a little help.”

Kevin explained “No means No Treyquan maybe after some time ask me again but until then no.”

“OK!” Treyquan shouted

After that conversation they both went to sleep and Treyquan was thinking about calling Marty in the morning to give him the bad news. As to Kevin, he thought of being back with his family, and remembering his little boy Stephen, and his wife Janette. As the night passed Treyquan couldn't sleep knowing that he was stuck in solitary for 23 years, but he managed to go to sleep. In the morning Treyquan called Marty, but Treyquan had to make this call quick because in a federal prison they only allow 1 call for 2 minutes every 1 week. So Treyquan rang up Marty, he answered.
“Who is this?” Marty asking

Treyquan replied “TREYQUAN!”

“O so what’s the news?” Marty asked

“23 to life” Treyquan humbled

“Damn that’s harsh, don’t worry we will get you out of there” Marty said

Treyquan replied “Dude I really hope so, and i meet Kevin Gresham in here”

Marty Shocked “O Really so I got to break out 2 inmates great!”

Treyquan explained “Well he really hasn’t decided if he wants to escape yet”

“OK well dude call me next week will talk to my old jail buddies we will work on a plan.” Marty said

“Well I’ll talk to you later” Treyquan Humbled

So After Treyquan talked to Marty he made his way back up to his cell when 2 prisoners came up to him, they looked concerned.

Prisoner 1 said “Dude we know what you’re up to and just letting you know no one escapes from this place they have 5 mounted machine guns and all directions of the prison, the last people that tried to escape got tired up like a thanksgiving turkey.”

Treyquan asked “Who are you guys?”

Prisoner 1 said “Jesus Gomez”

Prisoner 2 said “Jack Sanchez”

Well great to meet you guys we will be in touch, but anyway are guys down to escape? I got friends on the outside making the arrangements. Treyquan explained

They said “Whatever It takes”

Ok so I Take that as a yes so I guess we will be in touch see you guys later.” Treyquan said

So after Treyquan ran into his new friends Jack and Jesus he walked back to his cell to confront Kevin, he explained to Kevin dude I have everything set so the only thing we have to do is wait.”

Kevin said “Is it going to work, because I can trust you”

Yes just wait and let Marty do the rest” Treyquan said

So after he confronted Kevin, since it was open cell Treyquan did some walking around looking for vents, old guys because they probably been here for a while and they know what going on, etc....... Treyquan looked around the kind of things he saw were people playing cards or just laying on their bed reading, but Treyquan came across this one odd looks person sitting there in a struggle writing and writing into this little journal. He approached him and as he did the guy looked up and......................



Said “Who are you and what do you want?”


“I’m Treyquan Davis I’m looking for people that look like they know what goes on behind those walls” Treyquan explained

Weird guy said “Well you came to the right place I know a lot that goes on behind those walls, why do you need to know you’re not thinking of escaping are you?”

Treyquan said “Well not exactly you see I need to get out of here for than you can imagine can you help?”

Weird guy said “Yes I can but just to let you know this is a risky operation is sure you are going to take the risk?”

“Anything it takes to get me to the outside” Treyquan said

“A few things you need to know
Number 1. There are 5 mounted machine guns at every exit of the prison
Number 2. There is cameras everywhere obviously
Number 3. It can't be a 1 man job you need others on the outside
Number 4. You can’t be afraid to take whatever it takes
Number 5. Once you escape there is no turning back’’ Weird guy explained in detail

Treyquan stated “Ok I think I understand may I have your name?”

Weird guy said “Rick Jenkins”

“OK rick we will be in touch” Treyquan said

Treyquan left Rick’s cell and walked back up to his cell where Kevin was. Treyquan had to just give Kevin the news they had a plan, a plan that would work and last, but there was one problem they needed away to get across the wall without being seen, there was only one way.


So when Treyquan walked back up to his cell he told Kevin the good news. So Treyquan looked for window openings that could get them to freedom. Treyquan walked around needing to find an answer before open cell time was over, he needed an answer now and quick as possible. Treyquan came across a guy that looked like he knew something so he said to himself “Why not.” He approached the old, Mexican man, with one eye, and one leg.

“Mummy Hello sir” Treyquan humbled

“Yes” Guy said

“Hello I’m Treyquan and I was wondering if you know where there is a window that is out of sight of cameras?” Treyquan asked

“Easy the infirmary it has one window with bars on it but it out of sight of camera and only one guard” Guy explained

“OK! Good to know, but how would I get access to the infirmary?” Treyquan asked

“You would to get an injury of some sort” Guy said

“OK” Treyquan said

Treyquan walked away from the strange man as Treyquan walked back to his cell the loudspeaker went off “Open cell over please return to your cells now, or we will use force.”
Treyquan returned to his cell as quickly as possible. As he walked in he told Kevin where there was an opening.

“Kevin I Know a place it will work but we need an injury” Treyquan quickly said

“Why would one of use need an injury?” Kevin asked

“Because it’s in an infirmary.” Treyquan stated

“OK I’m down I need to get out of here I miss my family.” Kevin said sadly

“Don’t worries we will get out of here just be patient, have you used up your one phone call yet this week?” Treyquan asked

“No why?” Kevin asked

“I need you to call Marty I’ll give you his number here: 671-892-1512 call him and tell him its Kevin and get everything out of him and tell him were getting out the infirmary window.....ok? Treyquan explained

Kevin replied “I understand I’ll do it first thing tomorrow morning”

“OK” Treyquan said

So they went to sleep and thinking about their next move would after they escaped. The night passed the dark scary prison with thousands of inmates, there were people making random noises. Treyquan couldn't sleep he felt lonely so he just stayed up and thought of new ideas and plans. Treyquan struggled in the dark and just thinking about freedom starting a new life in Mexico because they couldn't stay in use after they will be wanted for life. Kevin woke up; it was like 6 so a lot of inmates were waking up.

Kevin asked “How long you been up?”

“6 or 7 hours” Treyquan said

“WOW what have you been doing that needs to been for 7 hours?” Kevin asked in concern

“Planning and planning.” Treyquan said

“Well do you got it figured out?” Kevin asked

“Yes I Do.” Treyquan said

“Well Imam go call Marty as soon as the guards give me calling time.” Kevin said

“Ok don’t forget that is the most important element in this escape.” Treyquan said

Marty are you sure you want this one? “Yes” Marty said. “Johnny Come over here” Marty said

“What is it boss?” Johnny asked

“We need an 18 wheeler and a fast one ASAP” Marty shouted

“I Got the hookup my years of being a mechanic actually played off” Johnny said

So as Johnny went to get the 18 wheeler, Marty worked on the guns, and ammo. If they were going to do this thing they needed the right equipment. Marty drove down to Sam’s Warehouse where they had the best guns you can get your hands on it the Atlanta area. Marty picked up some guns he got a, AK-92, RPG 4, Zuma45, and 3 Tac-82 pistols. These were high end guns and perfect for the job. Johnny was doing good with the ride it was a 18 wheeler with a v22 engine, nitrous, and in the back it wasn't standard cargo truck this ride had 42 seats with Xbox a bathroom 4 flat screens a Jacuzzi, and basically anything you can think of was in this truck, Or If I forgot to mention bullet proof tires. Well I guess I’m going to get back to Treyquan and Kevin. The guards approached their cell and said “Do you guys need to make any phone calls?”

Kevin humbled “Yes I do.”

“Well come with me” The guard said

Kevin got up and made his way down to the calling area when he got their he typed Marty’s number into the phone Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep, Beep. The phone started ringing, it stopped Marty answered.

Marty asked “Who is this?”

“I’m Kevin you know Treyquan’s friend.” Kevin said

“I’ve heard a lot about you; anyway does Treyquan have a plan? Marty asked

“Yes he does but it involved the infirmary, that’s the only place with one guard and no cameras and there is phone wires right on the outside we could grapple the wires and get over the wall and if we waiting on the other end it could be perfect but it’s going to take time we need access to the infirmary every day for 2 weeks and figure out how we are going to this” Kevin explained

Marty asked “Sounds perfect but do you know how long it will take you guys to perform the escape?”

“Yes 2 weeks” Kevin said

“OK Talk to you then” Marty said

He hung up quickly and Kevin was escorted back up to his cell where Treyquan was waiting. Hopefully Treyquan approves of the wait, because Kevin wants to get out of here more than anything he has a family waiting for him. Kevin would always remember every Christmas he would give little Joey a present that he would talk about for ever and ever. All that would come back, but one bad thing they need to go to a different country. That wouldn't matter only if he was reunited with his family once and for all. After all this thinking he was already almost at his cell, he thought to him daydreaming is a good way to kill time. Once he got back to his cell Treyquan looked at Kevin with the eye like he was hoping for something good. Kevin gave Treyquan the good news, Treyquan they already have a getaway vehicle lined up, and weapons. “Great” Treyquan said and “how much time do we have?” Treyquan asked

“2 weeks” Kevin said

“Are u Crazy” Treyquan asked

“Well he wanted to hear something reasonably I Couldn’t give him any BS, so I said 2 weeks it’s just about enough time” Kevin said

Treyquan explained “Ok so I need to get hurt and be able to go to the infirmary for 2 weeks straight, to find out how we are going to get out of this place”

“Pretty much” Kevin said

“Great!” Treyquan humbled

After their conversation Treyquan thought of good ways to get hurt without making it too obvious. He thought and thought for a while until an idea flashed across his head. It was to fall of his cell and cut himself up really bad, and he would have to go in for treatment for weeks, perfect!

“Kevin!” Treyquan said

“Yes?” Kevin asked

“Follow my lead trust me” Treyquan said

So Treyquan jumped up to the top bunk and slowly slide down the side, having the cold steel rip through his flesh, Kevin shouted “HELP!”, guards quickly rushed over they saw Treyquan bleeding on the ground they opened the cell. The guards asked what happened.

Kevin said “He fell off the top bunk; the guards picked up Treyquan and rushed him to the infirmary. As he was being rushed over, he thought to himself “YES IT WORKED!” When he finally got their they laid him on a medical bed with warm sheets it felt better than his bed back in his cell. When he looked up at the nurse, it was love at first sight, she was perfect for Treyquan. Her name was Stacy

Stacy said “Let’s have a look at your arms”

She glanced at his arms and knew something went wrong.

Stacy asked “How did this happen?”

“I Feel off the top bunk” Treyquan said

“Well this is easy to deal will ill patch you up and you will be good to go but you will need to check in for 2 weeks to see how it’s going” Stacy explained

“OK!” Treyquan said

As Stacy went to the back to grab the stuff to patch him up he looked around and
saw the window everyone has talked about. He thought how he would get those bars off he glanced around and saw an elevator. He thought to himself once again and thought if they could get a rope tie it around the bars rig it in the elevator and go down the bars would pop off easily. But he still had a problem the door it will be locked, he didn't want to break a window it would look to obvious. The alarm would go off he did that, he needed a key or the door to be open. The nurse came back with all the supplies.

She said “Well here it all is”

Treyquan asked “Great, Anyway have you ever been in a place you just wanted to escape from, like you needed freedom?”

“Why do you ask, and yes I just want to escape from my own life sometimes, but I can’t my dad wouldn't approve.”

“Why?” Treyquan Asked

“Well he’s always been preppy and strict about everything I did” Stacey said

“Don’t we all feel that way but you better enjoy when you can before you end up like me 25 to life, and my parents died 5 years ago in a car accident” Treyquan said

Stacey said “Sorry to hear that I bet you he was a nice guy, anyway that wraps it up were all done but make sure too sure to check in everyday for 2 weeks I’ll let the warden know so you will be able to check in with me. OK?

“Sounds good have a good day” Treyquan said

Treyquan stood up; the guard grappled him as quick as he could to escort him back to his “home.” When Treyquan was being escorted to the cell he thought to himself that he really thinks that this is going to work, the nurse looks nice. Treyquan really hoped this would work. Treyquan looked around people howling at him, Treyquan couldn't last in this place any longer. When Treyquan went back to his cell Kevin was sitting their curious on what happened over there.

Kevin asked “So how'd it go?”

“It went great; she seemed nice I think this is really going to work.” Treyquan said

“I really it does I need to reunite with my family I can’t go any longer.” Kevin hesitated

“Well any way here’s the plan, there is an elevator up there so if we could get a rope and tie it to the bars on the window and put the elevator down the bars could just pull off easily” Treyquan explained.

“Sounds get but there’s one problem on breakout night how are we all going to get up?” Kevin asked

“I’ve been thinking the same thing, were going through the sewer its perfect once you get though the main pipes it’s all boardwalks and the sewer leads up to the main yard and the infirmary is right in front of it when we get the chance we will run up there, but we need a distraction.” Treyquan explained.

“That’s cell block a right?” Kevin asked

“Yes why” Treyquan replied

“We can pull that fire alarm, it’s just a bunch of screwed up guys over there, like the mental ones they would be easily distracted we could sneak in with them after the alarm has been cleared and that would be enough time to get up to the infirmary and make the escape.” Kevin explained

“Great plan but there is one problem how much people are escaping with us?” Treyquan asked

“I don’t know, you said you meet Jack and Jesus” Kevin said

“That’s right I’ll keep in touch with them, to see if they are still down to make the breakout” Treyquan said

“OK Well in going to get some sleep I got to plan for tomorrow and see what in going to say to Stacey to kill time and get what I need to hear” Treyquan said

“Alright same I’m pretty tired myself” Kevin said

Once Treyquan and Kevin went to sleep. Marty and Johnny had successfully completed what they needed to do them got the truck, the guns, etc...... The only thing they had to do is waiting for Treyquan & Kevin to come though and confront them on what the plan was. It was Scary to know that Treyquan has been trying too hard to basically escape himself. Marty had to be there for him, he thought if I Wasn’t there Treyquan would get life for sure.




Johnny one the other hand was a rookie at this type of thing he didn't want to make a mistake, or make Marty mad at all that was like his boss. Back to Treyquan he was struggling he wanted to get out of prison more than you could imagine. So when the clock strikes 10 am inmates were escorted to the breakfast area where they could enjoy their first meal of the day just like any other day but this day wasn't like the others Treyquan was getting eyed by another prisoner, Treyquan felt like action had to be taken. Treyquan taunted the other inmate in a bad way; the other prisoner got up and started walking toward Treyquan in a passion like he was determined to fight Treyquan now and there. Treyquan tightened up and looked his opponent down. The inmate finally came over and started throwing punches Treyquan avoided some of them he got hit a couple of times, Kevin watched the fight going on he quickly ran in and was throwing punches, until this fight was a mosh pit. Treyquan saw blood on his body, I mean like a lot of blood but he wasn't injured. He just realized someone brought a knife the fist fight. Treyquan and Kevin quickly hopped out of the fight and realized there was 4 inmate goosing blood on the ground guards were notified. They came out hard with riot shields and high powers rifles all the inmates were detained and all of us got zip tied and the injured inmates were taken to the infirmary for treatment. The guards escorted all prisoners back to their cells to they got this figured out to see who started this mess, Treyquan hoped he won’t get caught, but several minutes later a guard approached his cell unlocked it and grabbed him and............

Said “It’s time for your check up with the nurse”
Treyquan was relieved that he didn't get caught and as he was being taken to the infirmary he thought to himself what he was going to say. Once they got up there, Treyquan was convinced that he could pull it off. So he waited in the room, and Stacey walked in.

“How’s it going Treyquan?” Stacey asked

“Good, yourself” Treyquan said

“Well let’s check your cuts” Stacey said

“OK!” Treyquan said

“That huge fight earlier you weren't involved in that right?” Stacey asked

“No that’s not my style, in here to serve my time” Treyquan said

“Ok it’s looking fine I’ll see you in 1 week” Stacey said

“Ok great see you then” Treyquan replied

One week later.......... Kevin, Kevin wake up its go time. Todays the day we need to gather the others. It was open cell that morning. Treyquan walked over to Jesus and Jack’s cell, to give them the news.

“Jesus and Jack its go time” Treyquan shouted

Jack replied “Were living tonight?”

Treyquan asked “Yes we are tonight’s go time, the outside rides are already arraigned so you guys down?”

They replied “Yes whatever it takes”

“Ok I’ll come back in 6 hours be ready” Treyquan said

So Treyquan went back up to his cell informing Kevin, 4 Hours passed.
It was Treyquan’s checkup time. It was time to get the answer he has been waiting for, for the past month, a yes. As Treyquan had walked up to that infirmary, a lot of ideas were flashing through his mind, thinking about all the answers could be. His head started rushing with ideas. But too late he was there, it was ShowTime.

“Hey Treyquan How’s it going?” Stacey asked

Treyquan Replied “Good Yourself”

“Well in just going to check up to see how you’re doing” Stacey said

“Remember when we met, and I asked you about freedom?” Treyquan asked

“Yes why you ask” Stacey asked

“Well I need you to do me a favor” Treyquan said

“What is it” Stacey said

“Leave the door open” Treyquan said

“Are you asking me to perform an illegal crime to help an inmate escape” Stacey asked

“That’s actually what I am asking” Treyquan replied

Stacey said “I’m going to have to inform the warden”

“But you won’t though I know you're too smart to do that, just think about we will be free no one telling us what to do.” Treyquan said

“I don't know Treyquan; do you know what you’re asking me to do?” Stacey asked

“I know exactly what in asking you to do, and I’m asking you to please do it” Treyquan explained

“Just leave Treyquan, Just leave” Stacey cried

“I see how it is, I Wanted to be with you Stacey” Treyquan said

Treyquan left the infirmary with fury, Treyquan didn't tell the guys as if that did not even happen, when Treyquan got back to his cell he made sure that the toilet was off and ready for escape time, it was ready only thing they do now is wait for the time to pass. 3 Hours later.................



Treyquan gathered the others and went up to Treyquan’s cell to fit through the sewage hole on under the toilet. First went Kevin Second went Jack Third went Jesus Fourth went me. We had to get out of there as soon as possible they would be on to us in 20 minutes tops. So as they were making their way down under ground in the piping facility. They came across the alarms, roof sprinklers and water shutoff. They pulled the fire alarm for the cell block A, which where the nearest cell block was near to the infirmary, that was their ticket in. They also pulled the main roof sprinklers for General Population where most of the inmates were to cause a distraction. We made are way up to the main field where we could pop the top off and come up out of the ground where all the mental inmates will be and we can blend in with them to get into the cell block is, where the infirmary is. They all popped out of the ground, they quickly blended in with the other inmates and the alarm stopped, they started to walk back into the cell block. They all walked in but instead of going straight they turned up the stairs. When they went up there, there was one guard reading a newspaper they took his handcuffs, and handcuffed him to a pole and then knocked him out. When they got to the infirmary door, Treyquan hoped to god that it was if it wasn't the whole plan was ruined and all the guys would get caught. Treyquan counted to 3 and turned the doorknob he heard a squeak and pushed, it was open. The four guys quickly looked around for a string of some sort or a rope. Jesus found a rope they tied it to the bars on the window and Jesus ran into the elevator with the rope and went down, the elevator started smoking, but the bars were stretching and boom they flew off. Back to Jesus he quickly ran out of the elevator and ran up the stairs determined not to get caught.

The window was easy to open until they heard, the alarms to the prison shrining so loud the guys panicked. Over the loudspeaker a voice came in “BREAK OUT IN PROGRESS!
All armed officers use force.” The wall was in their sight the only thing they had to do is grapple like a monkey across the phone wire without falling, Jesus grabbed a pillow and a blanket to put down at the end of the wire so barbwire wouldn't cut him or the others. So he went out the window wrapping his arms and legs onto the wires moving like a turtle it was working, the guys were shouting hurry, hurry. After Jesus was more than half way done Jack started going. Treyquan knew that this was going to work, the wire was trembling. There was too much weight but Jesus got to the end and put down the blanket and pillow. Kevin was on lookout for armed officers. The alarms were still going off and shrining like crazy. Jack was more than half way. Kevin hopped on; Jack had made it, over to the wall. Jesus and Jack were waiting for Kevin and Treyquan to make it over. Until something happened Kevin’s legs dropped so he just had his arms to pull him to victory he was almost there. Treyquan heard footsteps someone came upstairs, it was Carlos somebody they told they would never escape; Carlos had a warlike talkie with him.

“Treyquan if I can’t come with you guys I’m calling it in” Carlos said looking at his warlike talkie

“You can come Hop on the wire and grapple your way over there in next” Treyquan said

Carlos quickly hopped up to the window sill and jumped onto the wire, Jesus, Jack, and Kevin were waiting, Carlos was fast he was half way done. Treyquan hopped on and made his way over. They were sniffed out by dogs there was dogs everywhere they smelt the guys from a mile away the officers quickly ran toward that destination. The guys all jumped down to ground they had made it over, but Marty didn't show up they were on their own. Back to Stacey she was sitting at home thinking about she had down she was depressed watch this on the news. She had done something so bad. She was thinking what was going to happen at work tomorrow. What was going to happen was she going to get caught or what? Back to the guys over the wall they saw police cars in the distance; they took cover under cars, by an auto repair shop. The cars stopped right by the wall, the dogs started barking, they smelt them the officers followed the dogs. The guys were scared, thinking if they were going to get caught. They weren't there was a train in the distance, if the dogs would hop off for one second they could make their move. “Ewe Yuck” said Jack he found a dead rat he threw it by the dogs for a distraction the dogs chased it. The guys made their move they ran with no hesitation and didn’t look back. The Train was so close. Treyquan shouted “JUMP!” they JUMPED ONTO the cargo train. The guys took some deep breathes.

Treyquan said “We need to get out of these jumpsuits ASAP”

Carlos said “Well if there’s a store at where this trains stop I guess we could buy some stuff if you know what I mean.”

Jack said “Well if we’re going to “buy stuff” we going to make sure we don't get seen on camera”

Jesus explained “Well we could write him a note so it doesn't look we held him up and it will look like we gave him money and after he gets the message we will run out.”

Kevin asked “Great plan, but does anyone know how to hotwire?”

Treyquan replied “I DO”

Kevin said “Ok because before we rob the store were going to hotwire a multi-passenger vehicle to escape in.”

All the guys replied “Ok”

The guys waited the train ride out some of them got like an hour of sleep, until they ended up at their destination. They ended up in a little town of some sort. There were people walking around like a normal city. Treyquan woke them up, “WE'RE HERE.” Said Treyquan The guys hopped out and walked around but being aware of their surrounding the whole state of Georgia obviously knows that 5 men escaped from prison. When the guys walked up to the store they saw a girl standing at the front entrance of the store, she was wearing all black clothing she had on sun glasses and it was 10 at night. Treyquan approached the lady in caution. She took off her glasses it was Stacey.

“Wow Stacey what are you doing here?” Treyquan asked

“I’m here to help” She said

She handed Treyquan Money & Food enough to get them on their feet.

“I am speechless thank you so much for everything, here’s my number if you need anything.” Stacey said

Treyquan walked back over to the guys and showed them what Stacey gave him. They counted the money; it turned out to be 1.5k. That was more than enough to get them all clothes without committing another crime. They walked into the store and quickly grabbed pants, shirts, hats, etc...... When they went up to the counter to make the purchase the clerk looked at them in despise maybe it was because they were all in orange jumpsuits. Treyquan put his hand further down into the bag he came across a key with a note attached to it.



The note read out

Dear Treyquan

This key is to a van parked behind this building, you're welcome I hope to talk to you later in life but now is not the time you have so much police after you. But remember, stay strong, and don't get caught.

Sincerely, Stacey

The guys left the store, Treyquan walked to the back the guys followed them and there it was a black van with 2 windows, perfect. Treyquan put the car in the door and twisted it, it opened. He slide open the doors and let them in. The van had everything a bathroom, a bed, a couch, a little kitchen. It was perfect to live in, and get out of Georgia. Everyone settled in and changed clothes. They were on the road, about to start a new life. The guys were pretty scared I mean they were on the run. Treyquan tuned up the radio. “5 Men have escaped from a state penitentiary this evening, Carlos Martinez, Treyquan Davis, Kevin Gautietion, Jack rusher, and Jesus Gonzalez. If you have any information on these men please contact the hotline- 1-800-561-000. I Repeat 1-800-561-000.” The guys thought to themselves wow, everyone knew their names and everything they were pretty sure they were going too caught, but you can’t give up. Treyquan was determined to get them out safely. Nothing was stopping them until

Kevin said “Treyquan I’m out of here I need to get to my family that’s the only reason I escaped”

“Well if you leave this van there is no turning back you're better off if you stay here with us, we will get them just tell me where to go” Treyquan explained

“OK” Kevin said Excited

Kevin gave Treyquan directions, to his house to get his family. Hours passed they arrived at his house. Kevin jumped out he knocked on the door, Janette came to the door.

“OMG Kevin, what in the hell are you doing?” She asked

“I came to get you we’re leaving now, to Costa Rica and start a new life.” Kevin said

“Are you crazy you can’t just come up to my door at 1 in the morning, and actually think you are going to get me to be a part of your little escapes gang?” She said

“You know what I don’t have time for you, where’s my son at?” Kevin said

“He’s sleeping leave him alone” She said

They drove off fast and calm trying to make their next move and where they were going to go. Once they were driving they saw blue and red flashing lights behind, it was the police. The guys panicked not knowing what they were going to do. It wasn't for them they panicked for no reason. It gave them an idea they needed fake ids. Jesus knew the guy for the job, he as located on the east side of Georgia. He had all the fundamentals to complete the job they had to reach him without getting caught. It was risky but it was totally worth it. His name was Billy jones he was a mastermind. They went to meet him but there was one little problem, there was a toll both on the way to the way to the east side they had to find a way to bypass that, without getting recognized and or caught. They had a good idea it was to steal a cop car and uniforms that might be able to get them pass the toll without getting caught what where were they going to get a police car and uniforms. They didn’t know then but something would cross one of their minds.

Jack had it they had to make a fake car accident and when the cops come over knock them out and get out of their sight as fast as possible. So Jesus crashed into a wall so the police would have to come and the others hide in a bush and when the police rolled up they came up behind them knocked them out they all quickly stripped down the officers there was only 2 uniforms so Treyquan and Kevin Dressed in to them and Jesus and Jack served as criminals that just got arrested and put them in the back. They were off to the toll booth so they could enter the east side. It took them a while to finally reach the freeway that entered the east side, but they got there in took a while but it would be worth it. They were be getting there fake id’s. They slowly rolled up to the toll and Treyquan who as driving looked at the toll booth guy and he opened the both they were off, it worked! Kevin un-cuffed Jesus and Jack, they were on their Quest to Freedom. Treyquan stopped by a nearby gas station to grab some food, as he got there he went behind the gas station and gave Stacey a call it’s been a while since they talked. The phone rang she answered.

“Stacey” Treyquan said

“Treyquan how are you, are you safe?” Stacey asked

“Yes we are fine were on the east side, I really appreciate everything you did for us.” Treyquan replied

“It’s no problem, well I hope you guys stay safe” Stacey said

She hung up the phone, like she was hesitating. Treyquan went back up to the front of the store the guys were waiting for him the store clerk was looking at them funny. Treyquan approached the man.

“Do we have a problem?” Treyquan asked

The man said scared “Well Umm I guess not”

“Let’s keep it that way” Treyquan shouted

Treyquan walked away the guys looked startled they got in the car and left in a hurry, Jesus gave Treyquan directions to Billy’s house where he could make them fake ids. Jesus went to high school with Billy Joes HIS WAS THE BIGGEST MOST BADDEST Kid in the school and not to mention street smart. They arrived at his house he looked a lot different.

“WOW Jesus Martinez I've heard something about you what was it Mummy Oh yea you escaped from PRISON” Billy said

“Well yea that’s me” Jesus said

“What do you need? Because I know you're not just stopping by” Billy asked

“I Need a favor, fake id’s pronto i need 4 of them” Jesus said

“Why are these guys dressed as cops?” Billy asked

“It was a plan” He said

Well I will start making them now but all you guys come in here to take photos then we will go from there. They all walked in Billy’s smoky house it smelled so bad in there, Treyquan couldn’t even inhale air it was nasty. So the guys lined p and took their pictures. Kevin turn on the TV the guys pictures were on the TV there was helicopters the fees knew where they were they had to get out of there before it’s too late, taws scary to face the fact that they were the most wanted men in America. Billy said they had to leave now he threw there ids at them and shouted “I CAN'T GO TO JAIL AGAIN PLEASE LEAVE”. The guys swarmed out the front door with their faked id’s they got in their car and speed off. The guys didn’t want to get caught they heard helicopters in the distance, the sound of minimums shooting at them in the background. They were scared there was a bridge in the distance. He speed up toward the bridge his idea was to drive into the water to get out of sight and maybe get away from the cops it was risky but it might work. Treyquan did it he drove off into the lake putting everybody in danger it was scary to face facts that this could be the end. So the guys were panicking as they drove into a lake and had bullets being fired at them from any direction thought to them it was the only way out. They hit the water and sped out like a pack of fish they were determined to get away from the cops it was going to be hard but possible it was going to work the guys held their breath and swam around looking for the nearest sewer pipe. If they swam through this it would be possible for them to get away from the police there were bullets flying everywhere. One hit Jesus he was trenching blood he was hurt they had to stop it and you will not even believe what happened next.

To be continued...............................



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.