Jake & Dave: Magic | Teen Ink

Jake & Dave: Magic

December 11, 2013
By TheUtopianWriter SILVER, Hays, Kansas
More by this author
TheUtopianWriter SILVER, Hays, Kansas
8 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ Albert Einstein


Author's note: I really enjoyed making this

Chapter 1: Home

“Dave, where are you!” I yelled.
“Over here, under the water in the swamp by our house!” He said.
Dave and I are two 23-year-old men that live in a swampy jungle tree, with wooden planks that we turned into some tables, chairs, beds, ceilings, and floorings. It’s basically like a tree house, that’s giant.
“Okay, I was just wondering if I could have another magic lesson.” I said as I walked over to the green, mossy, and disgusting water that he was taking a bath in.
“Alright, just give me a few minutes in the bath and I will get my leafy clothes on and I will meet you at home”
Barely looking at him because he was naked, I told him that’s fine, and I’ll wait in the workshop with my wand and my mental hope.
My wand is a beautiful tan color with black streaks across it and a coral snake curled around it that will only become alive when I cast a spell, it will open its mouth and show its useful but deadly fangs with black poison dripping from them. The handle is black with a green stripe that goes around it.
I see Dave climbing the vines up to our house, Magelica, while holding a cooked fish in his rough cold hands for supper.
“One sec, I’m almost up, I know how eager you are to learn the fomonda spell. You know, the spell that makes anything you cast it at will disappear forever and never come back. It’s a very powerful spell and I’ll teach you to use it carefully.” Dave said.
“I’ll make sure I use it carefully and correctly, because last time I didn’t listen to you, I burned down our last house with the flamemandic spell.” I said.
When he climbed all the way up to the house he walked me back to our workshop. Then he taught me how to use the wand if I cast this spell, I would have to lunge my wand forward. After that, I have to yell FOMONDA! Finally I tried the enchantment on my old teddy bear, I had slept with in my childhood that I didn’t care about anymore, and the spell made a sound so deep and so loud it sounded like thunder then…POOF… my teddy bear vanished into thin air. Now I agree with my best-friend, Dave, that this was a very powerful and somewhat evil spell, it has to be used for reasonable uses like spilled drinks on the floor or a rapidly ticking bomb.
I sweat a lot after a big spell like that because it took a huge amount of energy out of me. It kind of feels like I just did two hours of a work-out, except it’s only been 30 seconds. Dave teaches me most of my spells, and he does a marvelous job at teaching me.
Dave learned a lot of his magical abilities from the magnificent wizard Fumblemore. Fumblemore is one of the greatest wizards of all the others. He can lift a whole castle with his mind. Fumblemore has one purple fingerless glove to hide an eye he has on his palm. The reason why he has an eye on his palm is because one of the potions he was making wasn’t done and it spilled on his hand and well…an eye started to grow in his hand and it worked like a normal eye should. So, he kept it. Fumblemore also wears a black cloak with white star shaped spots all over it. He has a white goatee that goes down to his sternum and in to a point, like a big sword. Fumblemore can also tell the future one month before it happens, that’s why he knows that the dark force called Pranifacus is coming in exactly one month to steal our powers and turn us into weak humans. We are humans just stronger with powerful magic, also known as wizards.
~~~
Later that afternoon Dave and I went on a walk just so we could talk more about my training so we could send Pranifacus to Heaven so god could deal with it with Fumblemore. All three of us side by side shining our powers toward it and using our enchantments to not hurt it but to send it to heaven and let God deal with it. Pranifacus guards The Gates of Hell, so The Devil is protected from any angels of Heaven or Him. That’s why Dave and I want to capture Pranifacus, because when we send it then we go after The Devil. Then we abduct him and bring him to God, so The Devil can’t do his dirty deeds anymore. God will keep him locked in Heaven for eternity. No one will have to suffer the depths of Hell anymore. We would save the world. First, Dave, Me, and Fumblemore will have to meet together and make a plan, then we do that plan.
While we were walking, both of us decided that we should go visit master Fumblemore. So, we walked to Fumblemore’s majestic castle. As Dave and I walked we begin to talk again.
“Do you think we’ll be able send Pranifacus to Heaven?” I asked.

“Jake, listen to me when I say this, I know we will be able to send Pranifacus to Heaven, because we’re in this together, all three of us. We can do it! All we need to do is train hard and believe we can. Just keep that in your mind, we can. Its good self-encouragement, I think you could use that.” Dave said then gave me a pat on that back.
I thought about what he said and it made me feel like our mission will go just fine, at least okay. I’m not as worried we’re going fail and lose our powers, because now I’m almost always saying to myself, I can do it. It makes me really know, that I can really do it, all I have to do is try my best.

~~~


Dave and I stand by Fumblemore’s tremendously huge castle. We open the door and to see an old man with a beard that goes down to the middle of his chest then realized who the old man was, Fumblemore. We told him we wanted to talk about sending Pranifacus to heaven with our powers. Dave and I asked how we do this.
Then he said, “You should sit down, we have a lot of talking to do.”

Chapter 2: Fumblemore

“So, you want to make a plan for the three of us to send Pranifacus to Heaven?” Fumblemore asked.
“Exactly, Jake and I want to learn some spell or some way to send Pranifacus up to Heaven, and we need your help, because you’re the master of all spells. Jake and I think all of us could be a trio in this mission.” said Dave.
“I see… I shall be in this trio with you two, and we’ll make sure that fowl thing, force, Pranifacus will never want to be in the depths of Earth again!”
After our little talk, the three of us knew our plan; we would all cast our luminous-telportus spell at Pranifacus, which will teleport it off to heaven. The reason why all of us had to cast the spell was because it wouldn’t have enough power with one or two wizards.
~~~
Dave and I are in Magelica right now with Fumblemore practicing our spell on target. The training was actually really worth it, because the spell WORKED! Only on a flaming black skull, though, it’s still good that we got the spell to work on something. As we practice, I watch Fumblemore for a little bit and saw that his beard had turned black when it was supposed to be a grayish-whitish color; instead it was as black Pranifacus. Then Fumblemore saw me watching which lead to both of his eyes turning completely black with white mist.
“I’m coming for you, Jake Molicks. You have no chance of stopping my force, but if do; you won’t be able to stop me, the Lord of Hell!” Fumblemore said in a deep low growling kind of voice.
Then Fumblemore’s eye came back to normal and he started stuttering and whimpering, he knew the Devil had just took entire control of him.
“I-I-It’s coming!” Fumblemore cried.
“What! Who is coming?” Dave asked. He had no idea what was going on, because he was working in the workshop while the accident was happening.
“Pranifacus is coming! Get your wands ready, it’s coming in… three minutes!” Fumblemore order, then opened the window and jumped, but glided like a paper bag in the wind floating gently to the ground.
It started raining hard with lightning and thunder. BOOM! BOOM! Lightning struck again! Fumblemore was controlling only the lightning and the thunder. He was angry, very angry, and was going to capture the devil when all of us teleport Pranifacus to heaven. Ha, looks like God will have to deal with it when we teleport it.
We flew out the window and stood next to Fumblemore. The three of us see what looks like a huge black cloud above, but Dave, Fumblemore, and I know what it really is, Pranifacus.

Chapter 3: The Final Showdown
“Puny wizards, you’ll have no power after this!” the Devil said from the top of a tree far above ours. Then he disappeared so Pranifacus could try to steal our powers.
Then Pranifacus made the first move; it pushed out black gas from itself at us.
We coughed and felt weak, Dave collapsed. I couldn’t believe it, Dave had lost his powers and fell, because of the knock-out gas. Fumblemore and I are still in it together, we decided to make the next move and try our hardest to make the spell work like there is three wizards casting it.
“LUMINOUS-TELEPORTUS!” We screamed at the top of lungs and aimed our wands at Pranifacus and-CRACK! BOOM! SCREACH!
The sky turned back to its normal blue, and looked like nothing had happened. We won. Fumblemore and I pulled Dave to Magelica and carefully put him on his bed. He needs to rest. He’s not a wizard any more, he is a normal human.
~~~
Dave’s eyes are opening slowly, he is awaking.
“Hey, how are you feeling?” I asked.
"Good I guess, what happened?" Dave groaned as he got up."
"You...uh... well, you're a normal human now, not a wizard. Now, you’re just what most people consider “normal” now." I said awkwardly.
Dave started to sob; he loved having powers and magical abilities.
Those were the things he lived for, they made him happy. Now, he can't have it any more.



The trio went to a duo, it just me and Fumblemore. Our next mission is to capture the Devil and fly to heaven and ask God what our reward is. Right now, were going to find a spell to put magic in Dave again, it really hard, we haven’t found any spells yet and I don’t know if Fumblemore and I will be able to find any. That would be the last thing I would need right now, not having my best-friend have his power and magical abilities back.
~~~

“I have found the cure for Dave! I found it! Oh, this great!” Fumblemore cried happily.

“Is that so, let me see?” Dave said as he jumped up from his bed.

Dave and I saw a pink liquid in a cup in the old wrinkled hand of Fumblemore. He told Dave if he drank the liquid, he would gain the magical abilities back and his powers. The liquid would only work on people who lost their powers, not just a “normal” person.

Then Dave chugged the liquid down his small throat excitedly and- Poof! - He was in midair flying like his old self.


Smiling with an arm around Dave and another around Fumblemore, he said,

“Let’s go capture the Devil!”
The End



Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 2 comments.


on Dec. 5 2017 at 2:57 pm
MarkOfMidas BRONZE, Hays, Kansas
3 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I am all"

Yes, I love it! Wish I could hear more about it and what inspired you.

on Jul. 15 2017 at 1:15 am
TheUtopianWriter SILVER, Hays, Kansas
8 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Imagination is more important than knowledge"
~ Albert Einstein

Any comments?