The Road Less Traveled. | Teen Ink

The Road Less Traveled.

By WokeTiff_ BRONZE, Teaneck, New Jersey
WokeTiff_ BRONZE, Teaneck, New Jersey

Author's note: I honestly have a passion for writing and whats better then putting your work out there for others to read.

No matter where I went he followed me. I was sick and tired of running! I've been running for years, and I wasn't sure if it was because of the thought of him finding me or maybe because I had officially gone nuts. There once was a time when everything was okay, I miss those days. Whenever I run, I think of all the good times before all of this happened. I was just want to be normal teenage girl. There’s days how I wish it was over, but he’s always there - even in my dreams! I feel like every move I made he was closely watching me. I never feel safe, and sometimes I wonder if I ever will again. I haven’t slept in weeks and I’m starting to feel like a walking zombie. Sitting on the train watching trees and cities roll by, the warmth of being in his arms gave me happy thoughts - I felt soothed. I leaned over and placed my head onto his shoulder and I slowly drifted to sleep…
“Ana wake up, we’re here.” I opened my eyes to Elliot staring intently at me. “Come on get a move on I have a surprise!”
“Where exactly are we going?” I grabbed his hand and entwined it in mine, and we walked off of the train.
“Ana look!” I glanced over my shoulder, it was my mom and dad with open arms. I kissed Elliott on the cheek and ran towards them and hugged them so tightly. I glanced back and mouthed the words thank you slowly as he took out his camera to captured a picture of the three of us.
Tears dripped slowly down my cheeks. The dream felt so vividly real. I miss my parents so much. Why did Jeremy do this to me? Holding my head in my knees I let out a loud sob. I tried to keep it together because I was still on the train and the last thing I wanted to do was wake Elliot and have unwanted attention I. I wiped the tears from my eyes and glanced over at him. He looked so peaceful. He wore a grey sweater,dark blue jeans, and boots that suited him. His hair, light brown, was combed up and tossed to one side. I just stared at him. Another long tear fell down to my lips and I could taste the saltiness. Because of everything I’d gone through these last two years El has stayed and kept running with me. I love him. More tears fell and I kept reminding myself of my surroundings but I just didn’t care anymore because my thoughts overwhelmed me. I placed my head back into my knees once more and felt a slow touch against my arm.
“What’s wrong Ana?” His eyes barely open, he rubbed them and looked over at me.
“I had that dream again where you took me to see my parents right before— ” I looked down playing with my mom’s ring and began to shake in tears that were running through my lips. I felt nothing but pain, and I hated it.
“Ana don’t cry, I’m here always… I promise.” He leaned over and kissed my forehead, but I kept thinking about that day. I was so frustrated, and I knew he could tell by the look on my face. I opened up my wallet and stared at the photo of the three of us. The picture was still brand new. I kept it in such good condition - even better than any boy could keep his precious baseball card.
”They miss you too Ana, always and forever.” I felt his hand come around my shoulder and pull me closer into him. He kissed my forehead gently, and I just sat there nestled up next to him listening to his heart beat and breathed the deep smell of his cologne. I was hopeless little Ana, always looking for a way out of her mess.
As we arrived in Atlanta, the place where you could practically disappear anywhere for good, I still had worries on my shoulders. Elliot kept mentioning new places and having to stay low for awhile. I wondered where we would settle? I needed a new start without everything being a distraction for once. I walked off the bus and he was following me, then we waited for a taxi.
“I found this nice place for us to stay tonight, then we’ll keep moving tomorrow.” He wasn’t happy about running, I could clearly tell. I’ve always known. The “I hate this, but I love you face” was eating my heart away.
“You don’t have to keep doing this with me, the whole running thing. Jeremy will find me and when that happens… I don’t want you hurt,” I announced. In my head I thought maybe I should be doing this alone. But I lied to myself - I didn’t want to do it alone again. It was nice having company, especially with someone care about. The car became silent, only playing was the radio and the view was beautiful like a hidden hideout made for only us two.
“SURPRISE!” I flicked the light on and turned to Elliot. How much I hated surprises, and most likely my birthday.“What’s the occasion?” I whispered into his ear as he put his arm around me.
“Don’t be silly today’s your twenty first birthday you should really get things off your mind, enjoy you really deserve it”. I smiled, and walked around this house it looked familiar, I just didn’t know from where. El grabbed some things and left.
I blew out all my candles I felt like a little girl all over again, except this time I wasn’t. I was officially an adult and for once in my life my birthday didn’t feel important, not anymore.
“El my birthday isn’t important to me anymore can’t you see that?” my eyebrow raised wondering if he really did understand.
“You’re giving me that look again, can’t you see that this was finally a normal day, one day of no running a little surprise”. I did see that, I had no words left because he was right but tomorrow would be a new day and more running.
Climbing into the shower I placed my IPod on the sink finding a soothing song, clicking repeat of Paramore The Only Exception I began humming to the guitar tune letting the warm water hit my skin it felt so good, until I heard something hit the ground.
I leaped out of the shower flicking of the music grabbing my navy blue robe and slipping into my black slippers my hair soaking dripping down my back. “Elliot are you okay?” the words barely made it out of my mouth. “Elliot.. is someone here?” I ran into the bedroom and saw glass everywhere on the floor. I looked up and saw him holding Elliot
“Let him go he has nothing to do with us!” He dropped poor El to the floor he looked unconscious. Jeremy grabbed me by the throat I watched El fall and tears ran from my eyes.
“You’re not safe Anastasia, how many times will I tell you, stop crying and keep running! Do you prefer to end up like your parents?” The harder he grabbed me the more I couldn’t breathe. I knew I wasn’t safe, and it’s like Jeremy read my mind and dropped me onto the floor kicking me in the stomach. I could feel the pain ache slowly stopping my movement. “I shouldn’t have to keep protecting you Elliott is trying. That whole party was intriguing my attention, please for you and him. I know I have messed up but I truly want you happy… so just run.” I closed my eyes tightly because thinking of his words repeating in my head like a broken recorded never again I would be safe, but i already knew that. His grip was so tight I began to feel dizzy and short breathes it could’ve been the end but he wants me to struggle I can see it perfectly in his eyes he’s jealous.“Think of poor mommy and daddy Ana”. He whispered and I couldn’t take it anymore he’s the reason my parents are just a memory.
“Leave me the hell alone Jeremy, I would never forgive you for all your mistakes no matter how much you begged. How dare you kill the people I love and make me run for eternity. I’m no girl to play these childish games with, I will see you soon.” . This was my road less traveled I was either stuck in the same place or kept moving until i found somewhere safe for awhile—
“Annie don’t you remember how deeply in love we were, how safe you were from everyone”. He picked me up and placed me on the bed kissed me I tried to resist, but somewhere deep down inside I had a strong passion of love for him. I yanked him off of me, and got up and he turned me around and smacked me in the face hard enough to leave a mark.
“WHAT THE HELL?!” he walked toward me and I couldn’t help but punch him. I hated him so much, but he didn’t understand that. He picked up grabbing my left arm while I shouted for help, and he pinched this long needle into my skin..
I woke up and looked around the room. Elliot was nowhere to be found I was still in my robe and the glass around the room was picked up. I searched for my slippers and went to find my phone. I dialed his number and it kept ringing I kept hoping he’d pick up and finally I heard him “El you there? You okay?” he didn’t reply.
"I’m outside we’re leaving get dressed your clothes are in the closet, don’t just stand there get dressed now!" He was furious, and hung up on me so unlike him I thought so long and hard about the promise Jeremy made me, that I had to get moving or else. I glanced at the clothes in the closet and put them on; red blouse, light ripped jeans, and red toms. I tied my hair up into a sock bun, and looked into the mirror all my bruises were not shown. I could still feel Jeremy’s touch right before I slipped to sleep. I grabbed my headphones and a song played Rihanna Stay I placed my phone into my back pocket and walked outside.
Climbing into the car I knew Elliot would still be mad it was only once in a blue moon that he was angry, and when he was i knew better than to talk to him. I stared out the window for what had been two hours since I heard a word out of him and I honestly missed his voice already. I wondered what happened after I passed out, I could barely remember. I pulled out my headphones and switched off my music and stared at El. He pulled over into a motel “Come on, we’ll talk in our room, just say my name at the desk”. He grabbed our bags and we walked to the counter he must’ve had this place booked last night or this morning.
"El it’s been hours since we talked please say something, I love you you know that right?".
"Ana dear I have much to say". He said this so sincere.
"What happened last night?" The motel room was new which was new not as bad as I thought it would be it felt homey, anywhere felt homey but nowhere was safe so I knew not to get too comfortable. Its been a day since all this happened, and honestly I wish it was going to end.
“We were attacked by Jeremy, he warned us but I stopped running to make your day special and I’m sick and tired of running. I’m going to kill him and don’t stop me Ana, we deserve to live normal lives and so help me I am tired of him butting in”. I stood there in shock, holy s*** Elliot lost his mind.

Lying on the bed staring up at the ceiling all I could do was think about what could happen. Elliot had been talking crazy lately and honestly I was starting to feel crazy being around him. I wanted to make things better I wish he didn't make things harder than they already were. If Elliot and Jeremy go in for the kill they both could wind up dead or worse I could end up flying off the edge of this crazy new train I was riding. I had to tell him exactly my thoughts on this before it was too late. He sat in our motel room, on his laptop frustrated I haven’t seen him this frustrated since my parents died. I got up and hugged him from behind giving him a light kiss on the head “El don’t be too frustrated”. He didn’t know how to handle me then and I don’t want him to handle Jeremy now too. It’s so overwhelming for him and his emotions which seemed irrelevant since all this went down last night. Then it all just blurted out of my mouth like a firecracker; “El revenge is never the answer you have many points in why you should because of the the pain he’s caused us, but this honestly is going beyond far”. He took my arms away from his neck and placed me on his lap.
"Ana I love you and running has been a great adventure, seeing the world is everything I wanted but were doing so much running that there hasn’t been enough time to actually enjoy any views we’ve seen without putting our loved ones in danger". His face was no longer frustrated but disappointed, I couldn’t argue with that answer. Maybe I was going insane too because I didn’t want him involved anymore I wanted Jeremy to find me.
"This is going to sound hard, and you’re going to be angry, I want him to find me". He got up from the black chair still holding me tightly in his arms and placed me on the bed he didn’t look upset or angry.
“If I leave you here, I’ll come back in exactly a week from today, I could be gone by tomorrow morning”. He was serious, but I’m glad he realized this wasn’t his fight it was mine.
"Where will you go?" I stared at him puzzled. "I’ll be in the next motel on this highway, he won’t look for me it’s what’s between you and him". He looked down touching my arm he asked if it hurt and I nodded. "I’m scared he will hurt you again look at yourself, he’s beaten the crap out of you.." He let out a sigh "You mean so much to me, come let’s get you cleaned and showered". He held out his hand and helped undress me then led me to the bathroom kissing my cheek, neck, and shoulder. Chills filled my body, he started the shower and knew just the way I liked it perfect temperature not too hot or cold. Before I climbed in I kissed him strong and passionately. "El can you stay in the bathroom with me last time I got comfortable you were unconscious". I smiled flicking some water his way and stepped in.
“I wasn’t planning on leaving your sight for the rest of the evening”. He smirked and walked out of the room grabbing a chair from the table, he placed the chair down and sat down next to the shower. I let the water hit my skin, finally a relaxing shower I turned the water a little hotter and looked down at my arms and stomach I could only imagine what my throat looked like.
“I look like a monster!” I shouted. heavy tears fell down from my eyes. I turned the water off grabbed my towel and stormed out of the bathroom. El came up behind me swooped me off my feet.
“Anastasia you’re beautiful”. I put my head into his chest still crying, he placed me on the bed and cuddled around me. “Get dressed I don’t want you to catch a cold”. I got up and watched him watch me. I dropped my towel to the floor and grabbed some sweatpants and one of El’s t shirts. I climbed back in the bed next to him and he kissed all my bruises some of them really hurt. He lifted up my shirt and just looked at my stomach it was torn all black and blue. Then he peered to my sides hesitated to even touch them “I can’t believe he would hurt you like this, you’re body is like glass so precious my love”. I smiled and pushed my shirt down.
“It hurts so much, please make the pain go away.” I frowned and he grabbed my hand and squeezed it tightly.
“Lay down and close your eyes I’m going to shower, and we’ll get rest I’m leaving soon”. I felt him get up, and I dragged myself over to my bag to look for my pills. I’ve been so depressed since my parents died I needed something to keep me content.
"Good morning princess!" I felt a kiss upon my lips. El was saying his goodbyes and I didn’t want him to go I grabbed his arm.
"Please don’t go". He leaned down and kissed me, handing me money and my phone.
“If I can’t reach you I will be back understood?” I nodded and got out of bed. He opened his arms and I jumped onto him and hugged him. He squeezed me back and I jumped down losing my balance smashing onto the floor smacking my head against the table, but before my eyes could close I could feel someone was here. My vision became blurry and I saw two people pushing each other.
“How could you just act comfortable with everything you’re doing?” I saw no facial expressions hands flying everywhere. I wanted to speak but I couldn’t mouth the amount of anger I had.
“ wait…stop…” and the lights dimmed low.
“Ana I’m back, stop hurting yourself would you. I’m disappointed you've decided to be on your own. Did you think you were smart or strong enough to kill me? I’m your worst nightmare. I still love you and you left me! I don’t understand I just want you. I miss you, we’re meant to be don’t let your boyfriend come between our history. Don’t you remember when I met your parents and they loved me. I killed them because they loved Elliot, I want you to suffer the way I do everyday without you. Come back to me, I will change”
I woke up to Elliot holding me tightly his hugs were so comforting “Are you okay? I don’t think I can leave you because you’re fragile”. My eyes swarmed the room searching for Jeremy’s voice, but no one was here just El. He must be hiding something again I’m scared for him I held onto him tightly and pressed my head into his chest.
"Please El go, I need to do this". He grabbed me pushing my hair away from my face and I could feel the goosebumps from the air of the open window I squeezed tightly back to him feeling his warm breath against me. He kissed my cheek and started to get up from the bedside just left me there in this room to fight my nightmares and reality. He walked away and waved the kind of goodbye that you didn’t want to see, but there I was alone as the door closed so did my eyes. I must’ve counted a hundred times that night waiting for him to walk back into the room. I guess, I liked the rush the feeling or thrill of running when I really think about it all I wanted to do was see my parents rewind time, find time to hold them close. I looked at my phone and the money, inside was a note “I love you, please try not to stress yourself out Ana remember how precious you are to me. If you need anything the phone is right there text or call me”. P.S smile my love there’s a gift for you on the table”. There was a broken smile on my face, I indeed missed him already. I got up and walked over to the table I swallowed a big gulp and turned my broken smile into a perfect smile. Red bright roses placed in a beautiful vase. I reached down and sniffed them, oh how I loved the smell of them so sweet. I grabbed the vase a placed them on the right nightstand, reaching into the draw I took my pills and got a glass of water uncovered the blanket laid down and waited for them to kick into my system waiting to fall asleep didn’t take long with all the thinking I glanced over at the clock 2am. I need sleep I reached over and flicked off the lamp. Complete darkness my eyes adjusted to it after a minute or two I heard a couple cars pass by I tossed and turned and finally felt at ease drifting to sleep…

This road was just a hopeless tragedy. I was getting hungry and anxious, where is there food in the middle of nowhere. I grabbed my phone and called El “I’m hungry, and I hate to bother you but where would food be?”
“Ana, outside of the motel there is a diner on your right I already ordered your food just go and get it and come back safely. When you get back text me, I need to know you’re okay”. He knows me so well I miss company but I needed space for little while. I agreed and hung up. Grabbed El’s navy sweater and put on my jeans, throwing on my blue toms oh this messy hair. I walked towards the diner waiting for my food patiently, after I paid I returned back to the motel and place my food down at the table. So many thoughts ran to my mind and this is all I could ever think about. I texted El of my appearance back to this lonely hotel as my mind scattered with thoughts. I only love Jeremy because of his curiosity along with his sense of humor. It’s been only hours since El’s last appearance. I have been ready for the unexpected.
I changed from his sweater into a navy blue v-neck, and placed my moms necklace around my neck. I walked over to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I could feel the fear in my chest, but i had to face it, I had to face him and that was only the beginning to this horror story. As I finished putting on my makeup and placing my clothes in my bag I heard a knock at the door. “Who’s there?” no one replied I walked over to the door and slowly unlocked it.
“Finally it’s freezing out here, how are you gorgeous?” Jeremy said. I backed up almost falling backwards again I rubbed the back of my head feeling a small bump.
“How did you find me?” I stayed calm I didn’t want to get him angry. Will he ever be honest? He never told the truth he was like the boy who cried wolf, but worse. I stood in the doorway not letting him in. He threw me over his shoulders and placed me in the chair, in that moment I was confused.
"Pack up Ana, this is going to be the longest couple days I’ll be sure to make it worth your wild". He smiled. This shouldn’t be good, I could only assume the worst, but if he cared so much I couldn’t picture him hurting me again. I walked over to my bag scratching my forehead looking back I stare at Jeremy sitting on the edge of the bed anxious as ever. I pulled my suitcase onto the bed and zipped it up as I went to take out my phone.
“Don’t do it”. I glanced back, because who was he to tell me who and who not to call he had no rights.
"Does it bother you that I’m not yours anymore? Do you ache to feel the pleasure of my pain? Well guess what it doesn’t exist, good luck finding it". I felt as if I faced my fears and all the sorrow I’ve ever felt just flew out of my mouth. "I may do as I wish you can’t protect me forever…" I stared directly into his eyes and watched him watch me, moving closer and closer. I froze and flashbacks came quickly dropping me to the floor, I could feel the ache,sorrow, and anger in the way he picked me up and carried me to the car. "Stop, put me down!" The door slammed shut but, I didn’t care and I wasn’t going to fight him because he’s already won.
"Ana put on your seat belt”. I reached over and pulled it over my shoulder rolling my eyes. “Don’t you dare roll your eyes”. I didn’t even glance back I just looked down and then out the window as he backed out of the lot. The car sped off, leaving me pushed back against my seat.
"Where are we going?" Leaning forward at the red light we stopped at, I rolled my window down and took deep breathes. I leaned my head against the car thinking of Elliot. "What did you do to El?" I picked my head up and glanced over his way.
"We’re meeting up with Elliot as we speak, he’s waiting on us." Waiting on us? What was that supposed to me mean it only made me more jittery and nervous of what Jeremy was up too.
"Stop the car". He pulled over, and I unblocked my seatbelt and jumped out of the car putting my hands into my hair. As I paced back and forth, I heard another car door slam shut.
"Ana what are you doing?" I looked up and it was Elliott standing there on this empty road holding his arms out. This isn’t possible and I began to run. Hearing my name called loudly I kept running but I don’t know where I was going. I waved my hands in the air watching a car pass by a man driving pulled over and rolled down his window.
"Hey it’s not safe to be wandering alone out here, is there somewhere you’re headed?" I shrugged my shoulders. He leaned over to the passenger side and opened the door. "Come on get in, we’ll find somewhere for you to stay". I didn’t know weather to get in the car or just turn back, but the more I stood here and thought about it the longer it could’ve been till they caught up. I walked along side the back of his navy ford explorer. Hopping in the passenger seat I buckled myself in as he started to drive off.
“It’s not good to pick up strangers sir, and if you don’t mind me asking what’s your name?” I glanced my head his way waiting on an answer, he peered over into the same motel parking lot i was in earlier today and got out. I got out of the car and looked around the parking lot was still empty and I hadn’t seen Jeremy or Elliott’s car anywhere. Why would this strange man take me to the same hotel I had just been in? I find it odd, I can’t help but overthink this as I slammed my hand on the dashboard.
“ANA RUN!”…
“How could you let this happen?” I could hear Jeremy’s aggressive angry voice which means I didn’t get far enough. I refused to open my eyes but I could feel myself laying down in the hotel room again. “No excuses, you should’ve been paying attention. Shes going to be upset when she knows I hope you know that”. Who was he talking to, El or maybe that stranger that didn’t even tell me his name.
“Sorry I did as you asked, but she was getting curious”. ME? out of hand this whole entire situation is out of hand if anyone was to ask me. I blinked my eyes a few times, and arched forward.
“Excuse me can you idiots stop talking” I was frustrated I wanted to be alone from everyone. El looked over at me and his face dropped in sorrow. “Is this real what I’m seeing? Worst enemies now best friends? Tell me Jeremy matter a fact I’m leaving I’m done”.
“Idiots? We saved your life…” El grabbed my arm and wrapped me in his.
“Please, just stop”. I begged. I just want him to let me go.
“I won’t leave your side ever again it was my mistake”. he whispered into my ear “Please, forgive me Ana”. I wanted too, but I couldn’t set my mind at ease.
“Not now El, I need my space from both of you”. and I grasped him tightly against me. “Just let me go, please I can’t make you live this life anymore”. I stepped back and looked at Jeremy shook my head and turned around grabbed my bags. “Goodbye, for now”. I grabbed the key’s from the table and took my bags to the black BMW outside. I popped open the trunk and dropped them in because this was nothing new just a new place to run too, except now I was actually doing it alone. As I started up the engine I looked back one more time, and sped off onto the freeway.

I never got to finish thank you for reading and enjoying my story :)- more to come soon

I arrived in Portland at 7:51am the next day, the whole night driving and thinking drove me to insanity. I could thank Jeremy and Elliott for that, but they were the less of my troubles right now. I pulled over to a starbucks and grabbed a coffee, and a quick bite to eat. It felt so good to be away from everything and everyone even if it was just for today.
“Excuse me” I turned around to a familiar girl voice. Oh my goodness!
“Jackie”? I grabbed her, and hugged her so tightly finally someone I could talk too.
“Ana, where have you been, are you okay”? Only if she knew.
“Yeah, kind of things have been hectic lately, but traveling has been so nice”. I lied and hope it didn’t seem too obvious.

”That’s so good! How are you and Elliott”? Well honestly I’m furious and I’m getting chased its been like that since I left college.
“Yeah things have been good, I guess how is your family?” I smirked and heard the door of starbucks open I glanced back quickly, they found me. “Jackie help”. I grabbed her arm and walked quickly to out the side door.
“Ana what’s going on?” she looked terrified, but I don’t think she’s reached feared just yet.
“Keys the keys open the car, we have to leave now please just trust me”. She fumbled through her purse and unlocked the door.
“Okay, so during our senior year in highschool do you remember Jeremy?” I glanced quickly back while she pulled out of the parking lot.
“That was your boyfriend throughout high school, I remember you barely came out of the house and hung out with anyone”. She gripped the steering wheel firmly.
“Yes, hes chasing me after we broke up my senior year and my parents died…” I glanced down. “I broke up with him when I went to Oregon State University and met Elliot he was there for me and we’ve been running since my freshman year. I’m so scared and confused and lost Jackie you’re the closest thing I have to sanity right now, I just arrived in Portland last night. While we were catching up, and I rushed you out is because he found me, they found me and they’ve done it so quickly.” What am I holding onto that keeps them coming ever so closely? I looked in my pockets and stared at the cell phone. Just then a text message popped up “You can run, but you can’t hide.” It’s the phone I threw it out the window.
“Ana your phone!” She paused and looked over at me and took a deep breath. “Okay, so he’s tracking your every move hop on a plane, take Elliott and run.”
“That’s what I’ve been doing, Elliot and I have traveled the world and never got to clearly look at it the exact way we wanted to, but I can’t leave yet. It’s like my stories just begun because Jeremy has Elliott”. He knows that I will come back, I need resources and help. “I don’t want him chasing you either wherever the next stop is I’ll get out if you want, I’m sorry for dragging you into this”. The car slowed down and I watched Jackie put the car in park. She leaned over and hugged me so tightly, a best friend hug and I needed it. I squeezed her back “Thank you”.
“What are friends for, if a physco was chasing me I know you’d help me”. I grabbed her hand, and nodded my head.
“There’s not a doubt in my mind I would always help you”. I glanced out my rearview mirror and the pressed the hazards button. “Help me, let me drive we have to keep going”. She opened her door and came to my side.
“Has he touched you?” I looked down and got up and walked to the drivers side, moving quickly I didn’t even bother to see her face of shame. Just then this empty street began to become busy. I flung the door open and got in before I could buckle up a black bmw, my black bmw slammed into Jackie’s car. Uh-Oh. Jackie glanced over at me.
“What do we do? I won’t let him hurt you, not anymore”. she opened her glove compartment and pulled out a bracelet. “Ana it’s a tracking device incase we split up I can find you, my dad works for the CIA”. She pulled out her phone and texted her father. I felt someone creep along the side of my side.
“Listen to me Jackie, trace the bracelet now let your father come find me this is too dangerous!” I grabbed her arm once more and looked deeply into her eyes and let a tear fall.
“Ana stop running let’s go no more rides with strangers, get in your car right now Elliott is waiting for you”. I got up squeezing the bracelet tightly to my arm.
“Why are you holding him you said things would stay between us too”. I pushed him back and he gripped my hand.
“Stop, I’m not going to tell you again”. Go away please just let me be, pushing me into the backseat of the car. Elliott sat there unconscious I grabbed him and kissed his forehead.
“I’m sorry… wake up please! I love you…” I glanced over at Jeremy furious. “How could you do this to him. I love him”. Tears dripped down my eyes I held him so close to me. Help I needed someone anyone. Jeremy backed up the car and began to drive away, I had been so distracted by everything that I didn’t notice Jackie was gone. I hope she finds her father and fast, I heard sirens. It was a lovely sound. I closed my eyes feeling the car moving faster and faster. Elliott began to move but I held him into place, he was bleeding like if he had been stabbed. I didn’t have more arguing in me to begin another fight. The cops slammed into the car, El’s body jumped forward. Jeremy got out of the car. “HELP!” I shouted and a police officer pulled open the door and grabbed Elliot.
“Excuse me Mrs is he okay?” I shook my head in fear.
“We need an ambulance”. he’s been wounded by that man right there I pointed. Handcuffs were being placed around his wrists.
“Mam relax we have everything under control, your friend came just in time as I can see”. I smiled because she did. She deserved so much for saving me I honestly don’t know how I could ever repay her.
“Thank you, so much”. He nodded and I held Elliott’s hand until the police officer helped him out. I got out of the car and watched Jeremy refuse to get into the back of the police car but got pushed in anyway. He glanced back and frowned because he knew his games were over. I finally could rest at ease knowing he wouldn’t be found for a while. Jackies car pulled up as I got out of the car, I ran over and hugged her. “You saved us, you saved me”.
“Ana I told you I would, that was the first thing I did when you got of the car. I bet you’re worried about Elliott let’s go to the hospital”. We got into her car and it was quite I hopped he was okay, I really shouldn’t have ran away. While we drove to the hospital I laid my head against the window. I spaced out and closed my eyes.
“Ana wake up, we’re here”. I smiled and got out and ran into the hospital.
“ Elliott Walker please”They gave me a visitor’s pass, Jackie following me.
“Second floor, Room 21” When I arrived in the room it was empty. I checked the bathroom and everything I sat down on the bed. I turned around and Jackie was gone. I felt the cold air hit my skin from the open window and the sounds of the news playing in the background talking about Jeremy. I glanced back looking for Jackie but she was gone. I saw Elliott walking in slowly holding red roses, and a tear fell from my eyes he handed them to me and kissed me on my cheek. He slowly got onto one knee.
“Anastasia Nicole Gomez will you marry me?” I cried and placed the roses on the hospital bed. I nodded my head so many times.
“Yes!” he grabbed my left hand and placed the ring there, getting up from his one knee and smiling he kissed me.
“Let’s get out of here, we have a whole bunch of new traveling to do, maybe this time we can take pictures. I smiled and we walked out of the hospital hand and hand.

To be Continued…