The Generation Code | Teen Ink

The Generation Code

May 21, 2013
By whiterose GOLD, Independence, Missouri
whiterose GOLD, Independence, Missouri
14 articles 0 photos 34 comments

Favorite Quote:
The future lies before you, like a field of fallen snow; be careful how you tread it, for every step will show.


Summary:

Three hundred years ago, the world was perfect. Diseases, war, plagues, they were almost nonexistent. But nothing lasts forever. The world fell into chaos as war after war, disease after disease, storm after storm stripped the earth of humanity. With only one country still standing, the Apocalypse of the Nations left only after taking away all that humans had, life. Going to countries to help was impossible because one breath and diseases take away your life. But then, the Vaccine was created. Joy was high in the old world and they cured families from all the fatal diseases that swept through the country. They could finally repopulate the world, but adversity never disappears. Hopes were taken away from America and with a second civil war raging throughout the country, it seemed that life on Earth would cease to exist. Some wanted so stay only in America, others wanted to go, and recreate a new Earth. With cities in lock down, raids and fights almost every day, America was destroying itself. Then, when it seemed that everything was going to crumble something incredible and terrifying happened. Poisonous, venomous, and petrifying Hybrids escaped a research lab. The Hybrids, who could only survive in the great plains, divided an already divided country.

Now, 150 years later, Addison Mikaelson, a nationalist, is an adult. She is tested to find out what kind of life she’ll have. Whether it will be hard, easy, full of life, or gone. If she doesn’t pass certain tests, she will be thrown out of society, left to die. Eye tests, hearing tests, fertility tests became the only thing she did. As her whole life rests in the hands of a couple doctors, an almost tyrant and whether she can continue GC code, she learns that America isn’t a free country.

Tags: Dystopian


Emily P.

The Generation Code


Similar books


JOIN THE DISCUSSION

This book has 0 comments.