Surviving 2200

Author's note: I hope you enjoy reading this. It's not completed, but I'm hoping to continue it, as I really...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope you enjoy reading this. It's not completed, but I'm hoping to continue it, as I really love writing and this is something that I've put a lot of hard work into. Enjoy!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 18 Next »

After

TWENTY-FIVE MINUTES LATER

No, it must’ve been a dream. She had to have been overreacting.

I was wrong. Juno was right all along. She is my master.

I cannot think that way! Juno is an idiot. She’s completely insane.

Juno, I worship you.

I slapped myself to end the pain. The thoughts in my head were zigzagging back and forth like lightning, and I couldn’t take the speedy indecisiveness any longer.

I was in the dark, tight room once again. The walls felt as if they were closing in, and my body stung and twitched uncontrollably. It had been two hours since Juno left. Dried tears, or blood, possibly, caked my face, and my body throbbed and bones stabbed my skin with every pump of my struggling heart.

The room’s walls closed in eventually and I was left in the darkness with only the stench of my own blood.

milforce said...
                Alright, so first off just a little note. I write all of my comments live (so as I’m reading this). I do this so I don’t forget things and because I think you can get a better sense of my opinion. So with that in mind, here we go! The first couple of sentences are excellent except for the light analogy. It seemed kind of cheesy and forced to me. How about just leaving it as faster than light? A... (more »)

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:05 pm :
Thank you SO much!! I will definitely make those changes... It means a lot for you to be reading my work!! Thanks so much again.

JK.87 said...
Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:11 pm:
Okay, so hey, I really liked the beginning of the novel, and I think you're off to a great start.  My favorite character is probably the boy with the blond hair (whose name I'd like to know).  Um, one think I guess confused me was how old they are... that might want to pop up somewhere in there.  Either way, I'd love to read more!!! :D

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:58 pm :
Thank you! (: I understand how you could be confused. I threw some clues in there, such as it being a "juvenile camp", but I'm working on incorporating their ages more. I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I'll definitely be posting mroe soon. (: