New Teen Ink Book: Bullying Under Attack Barnes & Noble Amazon

Surviving 2200

Author's note: I hope you enjoy reading this. It's not completed, but I'm hoping to continue it, as I really...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope you enjoy reading this. It's not completed, but I'm hoping to continue it, as I really love writing and this is something that I've put a lot of hard work into. Enjoy!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 18 Next »

Handcuffs and Thread

She didn’t feel it right away; I could tell. It took her a second to comprehend that there was something on her feet that hadn’t been there before.

The officer’s face curled into a sinister sneer.

“So, six-oh-seven, you decided to do it again?”

Do what? I thought. I didn’t do anything!

“Follow me.”

She immediately gestured me out of the pin-straight line and directed me to a tight, gray room.

“Stay here. I’ll be back in a few minutes with the tools.”

What did she mean by tools? Torture tools? There was a lump in my throat that refused to budge.

The door shut with a lonely, metallic “clunk”. The room was very brightly lit, but I couldn’t quite find where the light was coming from. My eyes traveled down to my own hands, twisted and tangled hopelessly in my lap.

Suddenly, I comprehended an image.

The image of my mangled, dirty hands.

Wrapped tightly in heavy, black handcuffs.

I gulped, and felt the sharp edge of the knife leaning against my neck again.

Suddenly, a thread of light appeared from where the door once was, and the emptiness in the room was replaced by the towering figure of Officer Juno.

milforce said...
                Alright, so first off just a little note. I write all of my comments live (so as I’m reading this). I do this so I don’t forget things and because I think you can get a better sense of my opinion. So with that in mind, here we go! The first couple of sentences are excellent except for the light analogy. It seemed kind of cheesy and forced to me. How about just leaving it as faster than light? A... (more »)

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:05 pm :
Thank you SO much!! I will definitely make those changes... It means a lot for you to be reading my work!! Thanks so much again.

JK.87 said...
Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:11 pm:
Okay, so hey, I really liked the beginning of the novel, and I think you're off to a great start.  My favorite character is probably the boy with the blond hair (whose name I'd like to know).  Um, one think I guess confused me was how old they are... that might want to pop up somewhere in there.  Either way, I'd love to read more!!! :D

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:58 pm :
Thank you! (: I understand how you could be confused. I threw some clues in there, such as it being a "juvenile camp", but I'm working on incorporating their ages more. I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I'll definitely be posting mroe soon. (: