Surviving 2200

Author's note: I hope you enjoy reading this. It's not completed, but I'm hoping to continue it, as I really...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope you enjoy reading this. It's not completed, but I'm hoping to continue it, as I really love writing and this is something that I've put a lot of hard work into. Enjoy!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   « Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Next »

Why I Bite My Lip

The blood that dripped from my neck was freezing. Goosebumps enveloped by body as Officer Juno marched up to me. Everybody around me turned and gasped when they saw what was happening.

"In all my years of being in charge of you little freaks," she started evilly, "I've never had one quite like you, number six-oh-seven. I hate it."

I gulped, which dug the knife deeper into my throat. My blood got colder.

Officer Juno brought her face two inches from mine, and her breath carried the stench of alcohol.

"Don't ever do that again, little freak. Because I've got my eye on you," she whispered.

Then the yells returned, right in my face.

"As I was saying before, you're working in weapons today, and you are to behave or I will hunt you down." Then she turned and went to the front of the corridor. She stomped three times, which signaled us to get into marching position, and we were finally off.
I couldn't help but trace with my fingers the thread of blood on my neck.

Scenes were passing by my eyes, and my eyes were collecting all of the images, but none were being interpreted. The only thing that signaled me that we were finally at the factory was the hot, humid air that hit my face as soon as we passed the broken threshold.

Churning was my stomach. I felt sick and bloated, and the sticky atmosphere of the room didn’t help at all. Dull, gray, robotic machines all around me made automatic clicking and slicing sounds as each sword was delivered out of the machine and into a huge black bin.

Then, my stomach decided that it couldn’t stand the stirring any longer, so it overflowed.

All over Officer Juno’s black combat boots.

milforce said...
                Alright, so first off just a little note. I write all of my comments live (so as I’m reading this). I do this so I don’t forget things and because I think you can get a better sense of my opinion. So with that in mind, here we go! The first couple of sentences are excellent except for the light analogy. It seemed kind of cheesy and forced to me. How about just leaving it as faster than light? A... (more »)

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 19, 2013 at 10:05 pm :
Thank you SO much!! I will definitely make those changes... It means a lot for you to be reading my work!! Thanks so much again.

JK.87 said...
Feb. 27, 2013 at 6:11 pm:
Okay, so hey, I really liked the beginning of the novel, and I think you're off to a great start.  My favorite character is probably the boy with the blond hair (whose name I'd like to know).  Um, one think I guess confused me was how old they are... that might want to pop up somewhere in there.  Either way, I'd love to read more!!! :D

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 28, 2013 at 5:58 pm :
Thank you! (: I understand how you could be confused. I threw some clues in there, such as it being a "juvenile camp", but I'm working on incorporating their ages more. I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I'll definitely be posting mroe soon. (: