Surviving 2200

Author's note: I hope you enjoy reading this. It's not completed, but I'm hoping to continue it, as I really...  Show full author's note »
Author's note: I hope you enjoy reading this. It's not completed, but I'm hoping to continue it, as I really love writing and this is something that I've put a lot of hard work into. Enjoy!  « Hide author's note
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Next »

Where We've Landed

2200 was the year when all was lost: life, freedom, and happiness. The unalienable rights once promised by the government were snagged away faster than light sprinting at its fastest rate. Consequently, our self-esteem and pride were crushed, and sent to the lowest state that anything could ever be in. It was pure torture, walking down the street and knowing that at any second an unburdened government official could spring out of the shadows and lay upon you another saddening device. These devices, conspired up by the nation's most sinister officials, were ones designed to lower any slice of hope, and that is exactly what they did. Families and friends who were once joyous and grateful were now transformed into being rude and selfish, not to mention emotionless. Citizens walked up and down the streets, facing forward with cruel scowls on their faces, refused to cooperate in any way, except for the officials. In a way, the government was creating dozens and dozens of personal slaves every second.
Chapters:   1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 18 Next »

This book has 4 comments. Post your own now!

milforce said...
                Alright, so first off just a little note. I write all of my comments live (so as I’m reading this). I do this so I don’t forget things and because I think you can get a better sense of my opinion. So with that in mind, here we go! The first couple of sentences are excellent except for the light analogy. It seemed kind of cheesy and forced to me. How about just leaving it as faster than light? A... (more »)

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you SO much!! I will definitely make those changes... It means a lot for you to be reading my work!! Thanks so much again.

JK.87 said...
Okay, so hey, I really liked the beginning of the novel, and I think you're off to a great start.  My favorite character is probably the boy with the blond hair (whose name I'd like to know).  Um, one think I guess confused me was how old they are... that might want to pop up somewhere in there.  Either way, I'd love to read more!!! :D

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Thank you! (: I understand how you could be confused. I threw some clues in there, such as it being a "juvenile camp", but I'm working on incorporating their ages more. I'm really glad you enjoyed it! I'll definitely be posting mroe soon. (: