Lock in | Teen Ink

Lock in

By jakeden975, alfred, Maine
jakeden975, Alfred, Maine

Chapter 1 : World History
3:32 am June 5 2015.

I can’t seem to sleep anymore. I noticed my mind wonders at night. The news has been really weird lately. They keep saying this weird virus is starting to take over the world. I live in Maine and I haven’t heard anything local going on. To us up here its just another day. I still sleep with a .44 next to me on the bed stand, you can never be to careful. Its already locked and loaded.

In my room I have plenty of weapons, My dad is a gun maker for the U.S. army. He always gives me the nicest guns to play around with. My favorite gun is an ACR 6.8 with a grip, red dot sight and a forest camo on it. I have all kinds of weapons in this house. I’ve learn’t a lot by just hanging out at my dads base. I’m a black belt in three different mixed marital arts and i’ve also been training in jin justu. I don’t play any sports and I don’t like to fight.

7:20 am June 5 2015

School is the number one worst place on the planet. I feel like I’m going into a whole different planet when I walk into the place. I don’t have a lot of friends, well okay i don’t have any friends. I’m not a very social person, I try to stay to myself as much as possible. I am also very bad with talking to girls. A lot of girls try to talk to me and usually I catch them checking me out, But when ever I try to talk to them I can’t really get the right words to come out. I just gave up with the whole trying to be best friends with people.

My three rules of school is: 1) stay out everyones way. 2) Don’t talk to anyone. 3) Do not fight unless you are hit first. By following those simple rules I have been able to stay out of drama and any type of trouble.

Our school is huge. It is 2 stories high with a fitting of about 2500 students in it. You have about 3 groups of kids in our school: the jocks who are mainly everyones heros and are the total douche bags of the school. Second you have the geeks or nerds, that are going to be your boss some day. The third group is for the kids like me. We are the kids everyone just stays clear of and just goes to get by. I not saying I’m embarressed, I’m just saying no one cares about us.

The classes that I am in are awesome. Well the school work sucks, But I have lilly fizpatrick in my class. She is by far the most beautiful girl I have ever seen. She is 5’4” with this slim body but is very tone from playing soccer and lacrosse. she has this perfect white smile and these baby blue eyes. Her hair is always falling perfectly in place and has this golden brown look to it. She sits right next to me in every single class. She talks to me all the time. I think she likes talking to me since well I don’t know what to say and I think she just thinks I’m a really going listener. In class she can talk your ear off, which I don’t mind since she is the only person to even talk to me.

Mrs P our world history teacher comes over and ask who lilly wants to be partners with for the project we have to do. lilly glances at me a little.

“Ty please” said lilly.

I looked a little puzzled for a second and I think lilly realizes it since she grabs my leg and gives a friendly squeeze. Another thing that always surprises me is that lilly calls me ty instead of tyler.

The rest of the day is going pretty good so far. Lilly and I have having a few good conversations, well mainly her talking and me trying to not to get lost in those eyes of hers. After school she hands me her number and I take off to the gym to train and workout and she heads off home.

After I get done working out I head straight home. I notice my phone has two missed calls. Both from Lilly. I listen to the voice mail on the first one.

Hey ty, I wanted to know if you wanted to get an early jump on the project? well call me back when you get this. Bye.

I can’t believe she wants to hang out with me tonight. I quickly call her back.

Ring... Ring... “Hello”

“Hey Lilly its ty”

“hey ty!” her voice sounds very excited and chipper.

I can’t help but crack a smirk. “When do you want to work on the project?”

“ I was thinking tonight?”

“Sounds great”

“is it okay if I go over your house, Since it’s pretty loud over here.”

“Yeah thats perfect!”

“Okay see you in a few”

“Bye”

I click off my cell phone and nearly jump up and down. I start to sprint around my room to pick up all the guns and cloths on the ground. I don’t want to brag but our house is pretty big. My room is the same size as a classroom in the high school. I smell like crap. I grab a pair of black athletic shorts and this white nike t shirt. I quickly dart to the bath room and turn the shower so it warms up. Then I sprint around my house to turn the oven on so I can cook some dinner.

I jump in the shower and it feels so nice and warm. I wash up and sort of lose track of time. I hear the doorbell go off. I shut the shower off and dry off with my towel. I put my boxers and shorts on, I sprint out of my room, Before I get to the door I start the feel my stomach turns over and feels like butterflies. Im breathing sort of fast and I calm down a bit. I open the door and my jaw nearly drops. She has this blue and black tank top on with these tan shorts and her hair is up in a ponytail. I stand there for a few seconds. She looks me up and down for a second too.

I never really walk around with cut off sleeve shirts or shirtless, but i forgot my shirt in my room. From all my training and lifting I have become pretty cut. I’m 5’11 210. I have about a 7% body fat ratio on me.

“Sorry sorry please come in”

She walks in with this amazed faced on.

“Holy crap” Lilly says. “Your house is huge and so pretty.”

“Thank you very much.” I said

“Where would you like to do homework” she ask

“Umm my room? I..I’m not trying to pull anything I swear.” I say while my face turn beat red.

She gives a little smirk and punches me on the arm playfully.

“Sure lets go”

I lead her through my house. She still is looking amazed. When we get to my room I just remembered I still have two handguns I’ve been working on, on my table. When we walk in she stands there puzzled and a little worried after seeing so many weapons.

“My dad is a weapon specialist for the U.S. army.” I said. “I help him build and create weapons”

“Really” Her worry face disappear and looks almost enlighted. “That is so sweet.”

I walk over and pick up the two handguns I’ve been working on. They are duel silver with white engraved grips on it. Engraved on the grips is a flower pattern that also leads down the barrel to the tip. It was extended mag for it and silencers on them.

“I came up with this design” I say as I hand her to the gun.

“These are so cool!”

She starts to look it over and aim down the sights. She hands me back the guns and I put them in this box that is next to my desk. She is walking around my room looking at all these pictures of me at base camps and with other soldiers. She then spot my awards.

“You do karate?” she asks me

“Yeah a little bit” I lie

“A little huh?”

“Well okay, Im a 5th degree black belt in karate” I say “I’m also traning with Muay thai, jin jistu, and wushu.”

“Oh I see” she says looking away

“I know its kind of dorky”

“haha no no, I was just thinking about something.”

“Oh what was it?”

“it’s nothing” she says while blushing

“No really come one tell me!”

“Well it now explains why your body is so defined and.....”

“ haha and what?”

“Attractive” she mumbles it and I act like I didn’t here her.

I feel my face starting to heat up a little bit and I turn the other way. She sits on my bed and has this little smile on her face. She then tucks her hair behind her ear. She makes eye contact with me and kinda ducks her head. I pick my shirt up and put it on. I walk over to the table thats in my room and grab my bag pulling out my notebook.

“Are you hungry?” I say without turning around

“ye... yeah sure”

I turn around with a smile on my face and ask her what she would like. Her face lightens up a little and she cracks a smile and blushes a tad.

“it doesn’t matter to me.”

“Want some burgers?”

“ That would be lovely.” she says smiling.

We walk down stairs with our bags. We are laughing and talking about school and all the annoying people. I throw some cookies in the oven to cook and start up the grill. Lilly starts to spread all the papers out on the table in the kitchen. I get the meat on the grill and start to cook it. It’s a gorgeous sunset.

“Hey do you have anything to drink?” lilly says

I look up and she is standing in the door way to the porch. The sun is shinning on her and makes her glow like an angel. Her eyes are very blue and her teeth are as white as my moms pearls.

“Uhh... yeah yeah, Sorry for not offering anything.” I say as I walk to her. She turns side ways so I can move by. As I try and squeeze by our bodies touch a little bit and I get butterflies shooting threw my body. She glances down and bites her lip a little bit. She bites her lip when she thinks of something she is unsure about.

I get by and she follows me to the fridge.

“What would you like?” I ask

She peeks inside then pulls out a coke.

“Is this okay?” she says in a flirtly voice.

“Yeah thats fine.” I say laughing a little bit

The cookies are done. While Lilly gets the cookies out I go on the porch and get the burgers off the grill. I bring them inside and place them on a table. Lilly sits down and grabs the buns and starts to take one out

“So do you have any other talents I don’t know about?” she says while looking at me with a smirk.

“I don’t have really any talents.”

“You’re such a lier!” She playfully punches me in the arm

“Ouch.” I say rubbing my arm.

“Poor baby.” She says while laughing.

I smile at her and she smiles back. I think we both realized that we were getting closer together since we both turned away and looked at something else.

“What about you?” I say while splashing some ketchup on my burger.

“ I don’t really have any.” She has a little disappointment on her face

“I’m sure you have a bunch of talents” I say. “ You always brightens everyones day with your smile”

She giggles a little bit and tries to hide her face from me. We both eat our burgers and talk about ideas for this project we have to due before school is over. I don’t really notice but we have been done eating for about 15 minutes. We got lost in our conversations and were drifting off on a new topic every couple of minutes.

I get up and pull out two glasses and pour some milk in them. We sit for a couple of minutes without saying anything and just enjoy the cookies.

“Let’s do our project on WW2” lilly says while watching me shove a cookie in my mouth.

“Yeah that sounds good.” I say almost choking on my cookie.

I walk to the closet in my living room and pull out some poster board and a laptop. I hand Lilly the poster board and she gets some markers from her bag. I start to google WW2. I start reading off some facts about WW2. Lilly is writing them down. I look up and I can’t help but stare and I notice how focus she is. She looks up with some of her hair in her face and then realizes I’m looking at her. She moves the strands of hair from the front of her face and tucks it behind her ear. She tries to avoid my eyes but then glances back at them.

“uhh... Ty would you like to come to my birthday party on saturday?” say says while blushing a little bit.

I looked very shocked. I have never been to a birthday party and I don’t even know what to say.

“Yes I would love too.” I say with a nervous voice.

She smiles at me and looks down shyly. I feel myself start to turn red and I duck behind the computer so she can’t see my face.

For the next few hours we talk a little bit but we are so focused on our project we don’t even realize it 9pm. We end up finishing our entire project.

“Well its pretty late and my parents want me home.” Lilly says

She looks a little disappointed. She starts to pick up her stuff. I don’t know what I should do. Most guys probably would have tried to kiss or get a hug from her, but I’m way to nervous to do any of that. Besides I would probably end up messing up and she would think I’m a total loser.

“Uhh would you like to come over tomorrow night?” I say while scratching the back of my neck nervously.

She smiles and say she would love too. I swear my heart is pounding out of my chest. I was sweating a little too. We put everything away and i’m still blushing and thinking about her. I don’t even realize it but lilly has everything put away and I’m still standing in the middle of the room smiling.

“Hey what you smiling about.” she says while punching my shoulder.

“uhh nothing.” I say running my hand threw my hair.

“So I guess I’ll get going.” looking a little disappointed.

“Yeah I guess.” I say moving to the door.

We walk to the door with a silent, But its like we can tell we both want to hang out. As we get closer to the door her walking is slowing down just a little bit. I match her speed and try to fall behind just a tad. We get to the door and she puts her hand on the door knob, But she stands there for a few seconds.

“Do you want your jacket?” I ask grabbing her jacket off the hanger.

“Oh yeah, almost forgot about it haha.”

I slowly slipped it on her arms and she turned to face me. I grabbed the zipper and zipped it up to her chest.

“Haha Thank you.”

“Don’t want to catch a cold.” I say smilling “I’ll walk you to your car.”

She then turn the door knob and walks threw the door. I follow her and then she stops and at the steps of the porch. I walk up to her and we walk down the stair together. She is so close to me her arm is brushing on mine. She is walking slower and slower as we approach the car.

“Ty... I had a lot of fun.” She says looking up at me

“Yeah I did too” I say while looking down.

We get to the driver side door. The doors are unlocked but she still gets out her keys and she fumbles around with them. She is peeping at me out of the corner of her eye.

“Make sure you drive safe.” I say smiling.

“I will” she says smilling

“I guess I’ll see you at school” I say

“Yeah I guess” she says

We both reach to open up the door and we touch hands. The sparks fly on the spot. I kinda laugh and little and she blushes. She opens the door and climbs inside. She looks a little disappointed and starts up her car. I stand there as she goes down the drive way. I wave to her and she waves back. I should have kissed her goodnight.

This book has 1 comment.

on Jan. 10 2013 at 12:14 am
Mantisman630 BRONZE, Topeka, Kansas

"with skill, care, respect, and compassion, we can ensure that there is still gain for our courses as well as become mentors for future generations, in all their beauty and variety. If we want to, and surely, we should."

I see some potential, are you planning to continue this?