About Montenegro

Montenegro is a wonderful place, it might be small but no matter how small, the country will always be great.
Montenegro is located in the south of Europe, by the Balkan states. It’s language is Montenegrin, or Serbo-Croatian. Montenegro has around 600000 people and is very politically expanded. It is currently in its way to the EU, and has recently joined NATO.

“Then God created Montenegro. Montenegro is one of the most naturally and historically blessed countries in Europe”, is one phrase from the Norwegian magazine explains that Montenegro is very green. Montenegro has so many National Parks, giant lakes, forests, and animals.

In the north it has snow and beautiful mountains like Durmitor, Kotor, Kolasin and Bjelasica. Almost all of them have National Parks. And in the south it has beautiful beaches, cities, most people from the north in Serbia or Bosnia and Northern countries. One of the most beautiful city in Montenegro, it is called Budva, Budva is two thousand and five hundred years old. It is the center of tourism in Montenegro, and it has beaches and five star hotels that are crowded with tourists.

I am from Podgorica, the capital, and have been in almost all the cities in Montenegro, except Plav and Rozinje. It is very beautiful and a warm place in the summer and a really cold place in the winter. Curiously half of Montenegro are Montenegrins, other half are Serbs, Greeks, Croats, and Italians.

Overall Montenegro is a beautiful place and you all should visit it. And don’t confuse Montenegrin with Russian, the two languages are very different.