I Went To... | Teen Ink

I Went To...

By Natalie24 BRONZE, Minnestrista, Minnesota
Natalie24 BRONZE, Minnestrista, Minnesota

For the second time, I recently went to one of the most beautiful countries in the world. This country is like no other place I’ve been to, and the towns you can explore in this country are endless. Deep in the heart of the city, there are street vendors selling beautiful paintings that have a variety of different colors. Green oak trees envelop you as you walk through the city and you can see all the little boutiques and cake shops. As you go further into the city, buildings start to appear. Buildings with remarkably detailed stone and black railing surrounding the windows of the complexes. You see small, brightly colored houses squished next to each other on hills, and people riding their bicycles into the city. You see the long, narrow, river that holds so much culture and history. Then, you get to the most magical part of the city. You look closer and see the most most amazing statue in the universe. This stature isn’t ordinary like others; It’s taller than any other statue I've seen. It’s copper look adds a beautiful contrast with the soft green grass. All around are people taking pictures of the marvelous statue and awaiting a ride to the top. Once you get to the top of the statue, it’s breathtaking. You can see the whole country from the top. You can see all the little bakery shops that you visited earlier, and the vast countryside on the outskirt of the city. And once you think you’ve seen it all, you haven’t seen even the slightest. Not at least until the sun starts to set, and the stars come out behind the sun. The statue lights up and shines bright, white, lights every hour. When you leave the city and explore the countryside, it’s like a whole new side to the country. The air feels so clean and the smell is of roses wherever you go. The deep blue ocean is the first thing that captures your eyes when you reach the coast. Behind the sea are luscious green hills that stretch for many miles, and humble townspeople getting a bite to eat. I went to the most amazing country, and saw all that the country has to offer. It’s delicious food, beautiful city, amazing ocean, wonderful people, and it’s most gorgeous tourist attraction. I went to the most amazing country... I went to France.

This piece is about a country I visited to see my family, and absolutley fell in love with it. I love to write and knew that one day I would have to write about this beautiful place. I hope that you will get a taste of what this country is like, and inspire you to visit!