Books Are Better Than Movies | Teen Ink

Books Are Better Than Movies

By Diane_Mesalam BRONZE, Springfield, Ohio
Diane_Mesalam BRONZE, Springfield, Ohio

Books are better than movies, because you can conceptualize the characters and voices from people, while reading a book you fabricate your own opinion and ideas towards a person, place, or thing. After watching a movie you might be dissatisfied due to false prediction.

In addition to that, movies happen to leave out ponderous events because they do not have enough time to film it or put it in the movie itself. Reading takes time. It takes time to absorb the events and interpret a meaning, but a movie tends to dispatch breath-taking moments. Movies are cool because they are visual.

As well as movies, they have good suspense, if you can see it, you can feel it. But you can also feel an indecisiveness transition. Have you ever read the book ‘the fault in our stars?’ If so you can find positive things about that book, and negatives. And if you watch the movie you will have positive and negatives as well, some people like movies and some like reading. I personally like reading more because I get lost.

I get lost in the characters obstacles and decide if I can fix them myself. Have you ever read a book so good that you don’t want it to end? I have, and that’s not necessarily a bad feeling. Wanting something to continue is a good feeling, a feeling you can get from either a movie or book and also real life. 

For example, Lets say you have an amazing school year. You want that school year to continue. Its apart of you, its been with you so long that the thought of losing it just hurts. But eventually you get over it and you move on, it’s not easy to forget, but it’s not that hard to let go of, you can let go and find more of something you enjoy. I find reading helpful, I was eleven years old diagnosed with a panic disorder as well as clinic depression. At the time I wasn’t even aware of what that meant, now I am aware, in fact, I’m so aware that I have practically overcame this disorder.

Continuing, Reading helped; it was a coping skill that I use from this day. Finding words I can relate to as well as words I can now use to sound smart. Reading really transforms me, changes my opinion on things. Every time I am lost or dissociating I read. I read about anything that takes me out of my horrible reality, reading not only makes me smart, but makes understand things, I now understand that I am not only growing. But I am growing into the beautiful person who I was put on this earth to be.  It’s as simple as picking up a book and reading a few words that can change your opinion on life itself.