Traveling in Guam! - sightseeing spots and shopping recommendations! | Teen Ink

Traveling in Guam! - sightseeing spots and shopping recommendations!

August 21, 2015
By charlottelauhy BRONZE, Hong Kong, Other
charlottelauhy BRONZE, Hong Kong, Other
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Just recently my family and I went to Guam to travel. Guam is an organized, unincorporated territory of the United States in the western Pacific Ocean. It is one of five U.S. territories with an established civilian government. Guam is the largest and southernmost of the Mariana Islands, and the largest island in Micronesia. Here I would like share my experience and recommend sightseeing spots and malls/shops that will allow your visit to Guam be a fruitful one.

We were in tamuning and stayed in the outrigger hotel, the JP superstore situated outside the hotel was lit up with fairy lights and it made this area of the island even more eye catching.

Now onto the recommendations! Sightseeing-wise, Guam is an island so obviously the sea itself and it's unforeseeable end contributes to the snap of amazing shots! The sun sets down early in Guam, about 6:30pm to 7:00pm, so if you go to the beach at this time, the sunset will leave you spellbound. The intertwining of different warm and pastel colors such as yellows, reds, oranges and a tint of purple makes the scene even more beautiful.
A better way to view the sea is to go to two lovers' point located in the northern side of Guam. It requires charge, but it was worth it. Stepping onto this 2-level platform, you get to witness the sea and it's raging waves. Visitors are also able to purchase souvenirs and refreshing drinks.

Shops-wise, and the best part of my trip was K mart, K mart was a big department stores selling all rounded daily necessities such as clothes, toys, cosmetics, furniture, party supplies and stationery. It's wide range of stationeries provides a successful shopping experience whether it is during the back to school season or for people who have DIY projects in mind. However, I do think that the clothes were a bit out of my budget, a simple tank top costed 17 dollars! And even some of the pajamas were $20! But all in all, it is a very convenient destination if you have to run shopping errands. Secondly, Macy's department store located in the Micronesia mall accumulates different clothing stores as well as home goods, and it serves for all age groups in reasonable prices.
More onto the little shops that I have discovered, Sugar Cookie is a good one, it sells cosmetics and nail polishes, such as NYX, OPI, and brands that I haven't heard of like LA Girl and LA Colors. Bath and Body Works products are also available. However, do compare the prices of OPI nail polishes from different retailers! Trust me, this tip will save you some cash!
The Guam Premiere Outlet also accumulates different stores, my favorite shop was Everblue, it is a clothing store mainly for young female teens. Their clothes truly help celebrate your body figure and and their designs are so unique, pretty and fitting as well. I picked up 7 items from there! Prices are affordable as well, the prices of my items ranged from $12 to $21.
The JP superstore as I mentioned before offers local souvenirs, cosmetics, beauty products, clothes, accessories and daily necessities. iconic brands such as Juicy Couture and Kate Spade are also available. I recommend purchasing the hamburger pouch , it is very cute as it is literally a burger divided into half and linked together with a magnet, zips are on both parts so you can put different things in it such as earphones, cash or candy. I have also found handmade hand soaps featuring lots of flavors that smelt so good available at the price of $4 each.
For craft lovers out there, the largest craft store in Guam is called Ben Franklin's craft store, the store provides a variety of fabric and supplies regarding to needlework (yarn), scrapbook projects and party supplies at reasonable prices. However, I think that the products available are quite outdated, although its history is much longer than Michael's or Hobby Lobby, the quality of the products and the products themselves are quite outdated, but I recommend this store because it does have different styles of fabric and it's variety of fake flowers is awesome for flower arrangement and it has a lot of festive products so it suffices festival lovers who would like to decorate their room or house for periods such as Christmas and Halloween.
T Galleria is definitely a place for people who are fond of designer brands. All of the designer brands are available in T Galleria such as Marc by Marc Jacobs , Bottega Venata, Kate Spade, Hermes, Celine, Chanel, Gucci etc. Any you can name of.

Well these are the sightseeing spots and shops that I recommend personally!! If you have a chance to visit Guam in the futurem be sure to refer to this article!