Auckland, New Zealand | Teen Ink

Auckland, New Zealand

By Nurin Annisha Abdul Razak SILVER, Seremban, Other
Nurin Annisha Abdul Razak SILVER, Seremban, Other

My father, sister (Afini) and I landed at the Auckland International Airport, New Zealand on the 27th of October 2014 around one in the morning. We spent few days at Auckland City after my end-of-year examination was over. The temperature was at 12degree celsius and obviously New Zealand was having spring break at that time. Auckland is one of the largest and populous area situated at the north island of New Zealand. As we arrived at the airport, we took a bus to Rendezvous Hotel, Auckland that is situated nearby the airport. Rendezvous Hotel is one of the largest hotel in New Zealand. Not to forget, the hotel rooms were very luxurious and comfortable to stay.

Auckland International Airport, New Zealand ( Friday, 24th October 2014, 1am)

Rendezvous Hotel, Auckland, New Zealand (Friday 24th October 2014, 2am)

Next morning, we explored the whole Auckland City from 10 in the morning till night. For breakfast, we took kebab as kebab was one of the main food in New Zealand. The Kebab shop was on the Queen Street situated in Auckland City. The Kebab was superb and big. Not to forget, the price was also reasonable. I would like to recommend to those who wants to visit Auckland to stop by this shop because I think, those kebabs were amazing and it is worth it to eat.

Kebabs on Queen, Queen Street, Auckland City (Friday, 25th October 2014, 10 am)
After eating for breakfast at the kebab shop, we entered many souvenir shops so that we could buy souvenir like t-shirts, keychains or postcard for our relatives, friends or our beloved ones! The price of those souvenirs were not that expensive. AFini and I were the happiest girl on that time because, at this one shop, they did a ‘buy one free one’ promotion for those New Zealand sweaters. That sweaters were so beautiful and I am very sure that it was very comfortable to wear it any where if we are cold.  So, I bought one for that, and my sister got one too. Not to forget, father bought a New Zealand All Blacks Rugby Haka Haka jersey as that is one of the most popular thing in New Zealand.
Around one in the afternoon, we stoped by at an Indonesian ‘warung’ at the Auckland City. That Indonesian ‘warung’ were selling all types of Indonesian food such as’ Nasi Goreng Belado’, ‘Nasi Goreng Rempah’ and others. We were very surprised because the seller was also an Indonesian and she came to Auckland just to sell her popular and delicious food! My father, Afini and I were very amazed with that seller!!

Waroeng Wardani, Albert Street, Auckland City (Friday 24th October 2014, 1 pm)
For me, Auckland City is a very nice and peace city. The city was very clean and it was very comfortable for me to chill after stressing out my brain for the end year examination that was held the week before my father, Afini and I went to Auckland, New Zealand. The scenery was very nice and it was not hot and not that cold. I think, this place is very suitable for those who wants to relaxing or chilling after working or studying at the office or school.

Around Auckland City, New Zealand ( Friday, 23th October 2014, 4 pm)
Later, we visited The University of Auckland as that university is one of the most top ranked university in New Zealand. Auckland University is an open university where you can just visit that university any time. The university was quite luxurious and the campus seems very comfy to study. I wish, one day I could study here, in The University of Auckland after my high school year ends in about one and a half year time.

The University of Auckland also known as Te Whare Wananga o Tamaki Makaurau (in Maori Language) , New Zealand (Friday, 24th October 2014, 5pm)
We had dinner at one of the fast foods restaurant nearby Rendezvous Hotel, Auckland around 9 pm and went to our hotel to take a rest for the next day adventure!
On the next day, we had bread and hot chocolates for breakfast at the hotel and decided to visit Waiheke Island that is situated at the the other site of Auckland. We took a ferry to get there and we were surprised that they took only 45 minutes to reach there! We sat on the topest sit of that ferry so that we could see those beauty scenery. It was very windy until Afini’s sunglasses fell into the sea! We took as many photos as we can so that we can keep it for memories as that was our first and last time visiting Auckland.

Waiheke Island, New Zealand (Saturday, 25th October, 1 pm)
We took a bus and explore the island. The scenery was very beautiful and I took a lot  photos to show to my friends and relatives. My father, Afini, and I drop by Oneroa Beach to chill and take a deep breath after having lunch at one of the restaurants there. We were quite tired but happy to see those beautiful creatures.

Oneroa Beach, Waiheke Island, New Zealand ( Saturday, 25th October 2014, 5pm)
Later on, we took the ferry to Auckland City. We had dinner at the International food court of the city. There were many types of food such as western food, Korean food, Japanese food, Malaysian food and many more! For those who are muslims who wants to visit Auckland, don’t worry because it is easy to find halal food. We went back to our hotel quite early that night because we wanted to pack and get ready for our flight to Kuala Lumpur on the next morning.
The next morning we left the hotel around 11 in the morning and reached Auckland International Airport around 12 noon. We checked in and shopped for the last time in Auckland at the airport.

Auckland International Airport, New Zealand, (Sunday, 26th October 2014, 1pm)
We left Auckland around 2 pm and reached Kuala Lumpur around 8 pm (Malaysia Time). It was a great short vacation with father and Afini. I would really want to visit Auckland, again.