Emmet Cahill | Teen Ink

Emmet Cahill

Emmet Cahill was the classical singer in Celtic Thunder from 2010-2014. He hails from Mullingar, County Westmeath in Ireland. Emmet was born on October 18, 1990. He was raised in a musical family with music all around him his whole life. His mom taught him how to sing from when he was younger and his dad also taught him how to play the piano from a very early age also. In 2010 he won the John McCormack Bursary for the most promising young tenor. And also was named the most promising young tenor at the Royal Irish Academy of Music. 
He plays the following instruments: Guitar, Piano, and Violin. He plays, and sings a variety of different styles of music including: Classic Irish songs, Opera, Instrumental, Modern songs of any genre, John McCormack, and love songs.

He started Celtic Thunder as being an understudy and then after Paul left he took his spot and was a lead singer from 2010-2014. His first real tour in North America started in 2011 with that being their "Voyage" tour. He also starred in his first Celtic Thunder special "Voyage and Voyage ll" and also celebrated his 21st birthday on the day of the filming. He sang "Isle of Hope and Isle of Tears," "Kindred Spirits," "Irish Molly," and "This is the Moment" in the special. 

The second and last special he did was "Mythology"  which was filmed one year later in 2012 after Voyage and Voyage ll. He sang "Isle of Innisfree," "Danny Boy,"and "Spanish Lady." 

That same year him and Colm Keegan (another member of Celtic Thunder) got together and created a duo called "Celtic Comet." They had live chats on Ustream in 2013 when they first sang a song together called "Will You Go Lassie Go." After that chat, they had two more together that same year and on the cruises that year and 2014 they performed a "Celtic Comet" show together. You can watch their chats on Ustream on the "Celtic Thunder" channel and the "Celtic Comet" channel too. You can check out their videos on YouTube by searching "Celtic Comet." 
In the beginning of 2014 Emmet announced that he was going to leave Celtic Thunder. But, in March George Donaldson who was in the group with him, passed away suddenly and he decided to come back for their Australian tour, and the cruise that year. After the cruise, he left the group to pursue his solo career. Currently he is starting his first solo tour (May 2015) and he is also going to come out with his debut album this year.

You can check him out at Celtic Thunder's YouTube Channel called the "Thundertube" and also Emmet's personal YouTube channel. 

I've loved Emmet ever since he first came into Celtic Thunder and plan on keeping on following him.

celticstudygirl PLATINUM, Vermilion, Other
Okay. Thank you for your comment. I'll use it to improve my writing.

Beila BRONZE said...
on Jun. 7 2015 at 2:27 am
Beila BRONZE, Palo Alto, California

"The coldest winter I ever spent was a summer in San Francisco." -Mark Twain

This is an interesting article, but it lacks your own voice. Essentially, you're just listing facts, like an encyclopedia entry. To make the writing more engaging, try varying sentence lengths and tossing in a variety of transition words. This will improve the flow of writing and keep the reader's attention better. Also, there are a few grammatical errors throughout, such as the two colons in the first paragraph, neither of which is necessary. Try to have someone else proofread your work for you when you write; this is a great way to get an outside perspective and continue expanding your knowledge and skills. Thanks for sharing your interests, and good luck in your writing future!