My Trip To Cedar Point | Teen Ink

My Trip To Cedar Point

By corbin0388 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana
corbin0388 BRONZE, Indianapolis, Indiana

I was so scared to get on. My aunt and I went to get in line at the top thrill dragster at cedar; usually the line is 2 to 3 hours long but our wait was 45 minutes. We went to cedar point over the summer. As we went on the top thrill dragster because we have never been on the roller coaster and the line was really short. We were talking on the way to cedar point if we were going to ride the top thrill dragster. “If the line is shorter than last year we will try to get on the top thrill dragster”, said my aunt Mel.
“okay but if we don't get to ride it this year i want to next year”, I said loudly.
“Like I said corbin if the line is short we will”, my aunt Mel said.
“Okay” I said.
My mom and brother went to the millennium force. I was so scared to get on all that I saw was metal bars shaking from the 427 foot roller coaster. We slowly were making our way up to the queue lines. I started to smell something “ what is that good smell aunt Mel”
“those are the funnel cake being fried”, Mel said.
“When we get done with this ride can we get one”, I said
“Yes we can”, Mel said while licking her lips.
The top thrill dragster is a really big roller coaster that is red like blood and yellow like the big yellow sun. Finally we got into line I was the second person in line my aunt was in front of me. When the staff rolled the next train in we got on. I was the lucky one because I said I want the green train and thats what I got. We sat on some faded yellow padded seats. As we rolled out I could hear the roller coaster making a clicking noise. Next the staff came and tightened our seatbelts and pulled down our safety restraints. They all stepped back pressed there green buttons and said “Clear!” really loud. We rolled out very slowly then the countdown happened all I saw was the lights go from red to green is half a second then we shot straight up 120 mph then 130 mph straight down. When it stopped, it stopped really fast and it made you go forward and it kinda hurt. When we got off we had the biggest smile on our faces “that was the best 17 seconds of my life”, I said. Then we went to the exit and went to go meet up with my mom and brother; then we got our funnel cakes. I learned that not all roller coasters are scary and that i need to be a lot more patient.