The Perks of Being a Book Lover | Teen Ink

The Perks of Being a Book Lover

By awesomess BRONZE, Pasig City, Other
awesomess BRONZE, Pasig City, Other

“Imagination is more important than knowledge. For knowledge is limited to all we now know and understand, while imagination embraces the entire world, and all there ever will be to know and understand.”- Albert Einstein

Dear Friend,
I know you would choose to play on your ipad, grab your cellphone or just watch t.v over reading literary works. Well, buddy, I know these new gadgets have a lot of interesting features. But believe me, this classic old habit offers a lot more benefits compared to those techy things. Don’t believe me? Well take a time to read this.

BOOSTS YOUR VOCABULARY- You will surely be familiar with a jargon through the help of a dictionary. Other literary works are also capable in making unusual words recognizable. Such writers put unfamiliar words into simple sentences and phrases making it understandable. Imagine, they share their knowledge through their writings. Can’t imagine it? Well, that leads us to the second benefit of reading.

INCREASES YOUR IMAGINATION- With reading, you can now make a rainbow through your hands. From classic literary books to Manga comics, this habit surely urges your brain to extract such awesome creativity.

LETS YOU EXPLORE DIFFERENT PLACES- Since reading improves your imagination, this practice can also put you into different destinations. Surely, you don’t need a passport to visit know the culture and traditions of another place. Books serve as a vehicle to go into different countries, landmarks or even the impossible/ whimsical hot spots.

SERVES AS A TIME MACHINE- This practice let’s you take a glimpse of the customs, trends and happenings back to the days where you weren’t born yet. However, this habit is not just a one way ticket to history. Even though you call “reading” as an old traditional thing, doesn’t mean it just shows past happenings. You can be updated with the future by reading a book. Before they were invented, these robots, spacecrafts and other techy stuff were first written/seen on literary works.

GIVES ENTERTAINMENT- Some people stereotype reading as a boring thing. Well, they are absolutely wrong. Once you found a book or magazine that suits your taste, you will surely have a hard time to lose a grip with that literary work. And I’m sure every person has a book compatible with him. Can’t find yours? Then you have to search harder to find your book-soulmate. I’m sure you’ll be fulfilled when you found it.

HELPS YOU LOOK COOLER- Who says reading a book is just for the geeks? Believe me it can also make you cooler and be in the know of many latest trends.
Nowadays, big time movies were based on a book just like Harry Potter, Percy Jackson, Twilight and The Hunger Games. Well, have you experienced that great feeling when you can understand every detail on the vague moments of those movies? Or have you a embarrassing moment when someone asked you if you read the book of the movie you watched than you answered “not yet”?
My friend, reading is a cool thing. Avoid being a mainstream wannabe who only watches a movie and not know the whole story its book. Believe me, many scrutinize those mainstream people.

MAKES LIFE EASY- So you find it hard to assemble your drum set. The solution? Read the instructions! Reading is definitely an easy way out from difficulties. Any book can help you out on fixing things, knowing the directions and passing the examinations.

PROVIDES KNOWLEDGE- Indeed, knowing how to read is one criteria of a person’s literacy rate. Moreover, making it as a habit shall surely stock more information to your brain. Hence, reading makes you smarter! This habit can surely improve you not just mentally, but also physically, emotionally and spiritually. Well, it’s really impossible not to learn a single thing when grabbing something to read.
And of course, you’ll never know the benefits of reading without reading this. Well, these are just a glimpse of the good side of this habit. Actually, one can create a book if he will list all of its benefits. 
So my friend, it’s time for you to find out the rest of the benefits of reading and somehow become a book lover too. Now, go to your nearest library and grab a book to read. Enjoy!
P.S I hope you’d pick me. Promise, we’ll be the best of friends.

Yours Truly,
       Someone from the bookshelf

Teens today are soo hyped with technology, they surely neglect the joy of reading a book. Well,these are just some of the perks of being a book lover :)