Fashion in Japan | Teen Ink

Fashion in Japan

March 2, 2015
By tomoyuki BRONZE, Waltham, Massachusetts
tomoyuki BRONZE, Waltham, Massachusetts
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I am just moved to America from japan this august. Before I moved over from japan I thought America is like a free and crazy country, but I think japan is crazier in fashion for now. There is really famous fashion style, which called “harajuku kei fashion” and “ shibuya kei fashion”. Those two are really crazy, ridiculous and unique. So I want to tell this about how crazy is this.


The teenagers from the “TAKESHITA STREET” called “harajuku kei fashion” always wear craziest fashion. In America, most of teenagers wear Hollister or A&F or American Eagle etc. But In japan some of them make clothes by their self. They usually create the most unique fashion. For example they use the package of the snacks or plastic toy for their skirt. And they wear clothes like a maid. They use black lace and an apron and sometimes they use black umbrella even it is not raining. They are making clothes for day by day for their fun.

There is another street called “Shibuya Street”. The teenagers from this street are always wearing really radical. For example, they die hair like gold or silver and their hairstyle is actually really scary and creepy. They wear like all black and skull all over moreover; they have a lot of tattoos in their Hans or back.  Actually it took really high cost for even just small one. And Japanese tattoo is little bit different than American one. Japanese tattoo put the ink deeper than American one so it can’t erase ever. If you want to erase it you have to get transportation surgery. Anyway they love that kind of bad and cool fashion. Some American teenagers do tattoo, I haven’t seen American is wearing like this dark cool style. 

So Japanese fashion is pretty crazy and these are just examples and obviously there is a lot of other crazy fashion style as well. But in here I just only know about these two so f I got others I will write again.