Eid Mubarak | Teen Ink

Eid Mubarak

February 16, 2015
By Shazam BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Shazam BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Holidays are very memorable days for everyone. There is always something special about that holiday. My favorite holiday is Eid. Eid is a holiday that brings happiness into Muslim families. Getting together with our loved ones, eating traditional foods, and dressing up are just a few of the many things that I enjoy about this holiday.
Can you even imagine celebrating a holiday without your family and relatives? The most important part of a holiday is being able to spend time with your family. Eid brings everyone together. It’s a day where your problems in life can be set aside. I’m really glad to see my friends, family, and relatives every year on Eid.
Waking up to the delicious mouth-watering foods is just the best thing to start the day with. One of our family’s dish called “biryani”. Biryani is spicy, orange – colored rice. I like my biryani with “Rita”. Rita is basically salad cut up and mixed in plain yogurt. My mom also likes to make sweets. Traditional food is a big part of the celebration of Eid.
I could see all the bright colored clothes sparkling just like the rainbow in the glazing sun. I could hear the sound of the bangles on my mother’s wrist. Wearing new traditional clothes is a part of our culture. Girls can wear fancy dresses, also known as frocks, or shalvar kameez. Men can wear suits or wear cultural clothes.
In conclusion, Eid is a beautiful holiday that brings back memories from the past.  Getting together with your loved ones, eating delicious food, and dressing up are just a few of my favorite things about Eid .I’m very glad that I am able to be part this celebration.


The author's comments:

This article is about the holiday eid!