Eid Mubarak | Teen Ink

Eid Mubarak

By Shazam BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois
Shazam BRONZE, Chicago, Illinois

Holidays are very memorable days for everyone. There is always something special about that holiday. My favorite holiday is Eid. Eid is a holiday that brings happiness into Muslim families. Getting together with our loved ones, eating traditional foods, and dressing up are just a few of the many things that I enjoy about this holiday.
Can you even imagine celebrating a holiday without your family and relatives? The most important part of a holiday is being able to spend time with your family. Eid brings everyone together. It’s a day where your problems in life can be set aside. I’m really glad to see my friends, family, and relatives every year on Eid.
Waking up to the delicious mouth-watering foods is just the best thing to start the day with. One of our family’s dish called “biryani”. Biryani is spicy, orange – colored rice. I like my biryani with “Rita”. Rita is basically salad cut up and mixed in plain yogurt. My mom also likes to make sweets. Traditional food is a big part of the celebration of Eid.
I could see all the bright colored clothes sparkling just like the rainbow in the glazing sun. I could hear the sound of the bangles on my mother’s wrist. Wearing new traditional clothes is a part of our culture. Girls can wear fancy dresses, also known as frocks, or shalvar kameez. Men can wear suits or wear cultural clothes.
In conclusion, Eid is a beautiful holiday that brings back memories from the past.  Getting together with your loved ones, eating delicious food, and dressing up are just a few of my favorite things about Eid .I’m very glad that I am able to be part this celebration.

This article is about the holiday eid!

hsvgv said...
on Sep. 16 2016 at 11:00 am
I only like the intro

hsvgv said...
on Sep. 16 2016 at 11:00 am
I only like the intro

cupcake1 said...
This is really good.