Travel | Teen Ink

Travel

February 3, 2015
By Anonymous

When I was in first grade, my family drove down to Texas. We went through a lot of different states to get there and saw lots of famous landmarks. While we were there, we swam in the ocean and saw the sunset on the beach. At the time i was still really young so I didn’t think to appreciate what I was seeing. Although I was young, I knew that I wanted to go see different places and go on other adventures because to me it was just a lot of fun. There are three things that make me want to travel in the future; exploring new things, seeing beautiful places, and meeting new people.


I’ve always wanted to explore new things. When we go on a trip and explore, sometimes we will find these places that have a lot of history behind them, most of the places have something to do if war because my family really enjoys learning about different wars. History has always been an interesting topic to me so I really enjoy exploring places and learning about what happened there or who was there. When we go to historical places, usually there’s a lot of new knowledge thrown at us. Some is boring but others are really interesting. Personally I think if I go out,  explore new places, learn about what happened there, and actually enjoy what I am listening to, I’m going to learn a whole lot. Maybe I would learn more exploring than sitting in class. But besides the knowledge and history of new things I like being away from stress, free from basically everything and just enjoy what I’m doing. Afterall isn’t that what trips are really made for? The history, knowledge, and stress free parts are only a part of why I want to travel, I also really like seeing all the pretty places.


Cannon Falls has some really pretty places here, but I know that somewhere there’s going to be an even prettier waterfalls, a sunset more beautiful and I plan to see it. Every state or country I go to, somewhere there is going to be a famous landmark. Landmarks are historical places people go to learn about but besides that, they are actually quite beautiful. It’s cool to think that I can be standing someplace where eighty years ago there was a war or an old president was standing. Besides going to landmarks, I really enjoy going to beaches and swimming. I love the way when the sun is setting and theres mixtures of orange, red, pink, light blue, and even purple sometimes, they all just come together and reflect off of the water. The colors become so beautiful it takes my breath away. There’s another place where I have seen that happen before while camping. When I saw the sun go down it was going behind hills. That is also very breathtaking, the last bits of the sun peeking out behind the trees, lightly shining but not too bad where you can’t see. Something about it just makes me sit there for a couple of minutes not speaking or really thinking even. Just watching as the sun disappears behind the hills. Seeing all the pretty places there are to see is absolutely amazing, but meeting new people can be quite amazing as well.


As you travel, you’re bound to meet some new people. Whether it’s your waitress at a restaurant or its just a random person on the street. Cannon Falls is sort of  a small town. We only have about 4,300 people living here, so its definitely not like Minneapolis where you could be walking down the street and have no idea who any of the people you pass are. Sure we don’t know everyone but there are quite a few people we do know because like I said before its a small town. So living in Cannon Falls basically my whole life, I know a lot of the people that live here. Although, if I go travel to a place I’ve never been to before or maybe I have I’m still probably going to meet new people. Meeting new people can be very exciting. Just by hearing their voice can be, I can hear their accents and the way they say stuff. For example in Minnesota we say pop, but in other states they say soda. Talking to new people I can learn about different cultures, if I actually have a conversation with them. Its really interesting to learn about how other people live, their cultures, and how they speak. So if I go out and travel I see people outside of the town I’ve always lived in and learn about different people.


Overall exploring new places, seeing how beautiful the world can be, and meeting new people is all very exciting and all ties together on why I want to travel the world in the future. Now that I am older and hopefully will go on more vacations, I will actually appreciate wherever I might be. So as I was sitting in my car looking out the window watching as we drove away from Texas, I knew that I am always going to want to travel.