Trip to Tokyo, Japan | Teen Ink

Trip to Tokyo, Japan

One summer I went to Tokyo, Japan. It was only me who went up, no one from my family came with me. It was for a soccer tournament our team entered. We were the only team from Hawai‘i, all the other teams were from the outer states. Although our team got 8th. What?s different about soccer in Japan is that the kids are all fast, No one can really out run them. Im not trying to be mean but all the kids are short. We did think we were gonna beat them but every single time we played Japan, we lost. And we also watched a Professional soccer game. It was scary sitting on the top. I thought someone would push me then I would fall. And that was the first Professional soccer game I i have watched in my life. I learned a lot from that game. I wish I could play like how they played individually. Now, enough with the soccer part. 
I stayed at a hotel for half a week. The hotel room was really small. It had one bed and one TV. The hotel served the breakfast for us. All they served was soup and ramen. That was one thing that hit me. I am use to eating my kind of food; like chicken. It was kind of weird eating just soup for a week. I also stayed with a Japanese family with some of my teammates. Staying with the family was a good experience. The four kids and the parents would help teach me Japanese, and I would help them with Hawaiian and English. All of them were treating us like we were a part of their family. I learned that the Japanese people want to keep clean. Mostly everyone was wearing the doctors mask. When you look out on the sidewalks, there is no homeless or unclean people. Here in Hawai‘i, there is homeless. I also noticed that there were a lot of the same cars in the city. It?s not like over here where everyone drives a different style car. No, everyone drives the same style car. What I didn?t like was the temperature because it was burning hot. I didnt take the temperature but it was probably high. I am used to the Hawai?i temperature where it?s cool and breezy.
Going to Japan was a great experience for me. Even though i didn?t understand Japanese people that much, it was still really fun. I wish that I could stay longer. I thought it would be junk without my family but it turned out to be not that bad. It was good for me to learn about the soccer teams and how those teams play. Also because I got to learn some Japanese, thanks to the family i stayed with. I hope to go back to play or go on a vacation in Japan. It would be fun if the Japanese family I stayed with come to Hawai‘i and stayed with me and my family. I would do the same thing they did when I stayed with them, teach them our culture, our language and what we do as a living.