Sparta, Minnesota | Teen Ink

Sparta, Minnesota

Ever since I can remember I have went by Sparta, Minnesota. The reason I went there is because my Grandmas house on Ely Lake which is in Sparta, Minnesota. When I am older I want to live up by my grandma’s house. Today I will be writing about three of the reasons that I want to live there. Reason number one is because of Hockey, than four wheeling and lastly will be fishing. I have them in this order because it is the order of my favorite things from winter to fall.

Ever since I have been a little kid I have been interested in hockey and I even played it for a year but stopped because it was too much money. Going with that it is also my favorite sport. While I played hockey and still today people are always saying how hard it is to ice skate and it has always came easy to me so I thought they were crazy or dumb. As much as I like hockey you can’t play it all year which brings me to my next topic four wheeling.

Unlike hockey you can go four wheeling every month of every year. But most of the four wheelers can’t make it through all of the snow. A down side of it though is that I live in Cannon Falls and there aren’t any legal trails to ride here so that is a big reason that I want to live Up North. A positive to Up North is that there are a lot of trails and mudding holes but you can’t go through swamps anymore because it is bad for the environment to rip up swamps. There are also a lot more wooded trails and those ones are more fun because they are usually more technical and fun. For my last topic I will be talking about how you can really go fishing anywhere and one of the reasons I want to live there.

When I go up to my Grandmas for the fourth of July all I do is fish. Fishing is a way that I express myself by catching fish one after another. Fishing is one of my hobbies. When I am at my Grandmas I can catch ten fish before my dad can catch one fish. So when we are up there we have friendly game to see who can catch the most fish and the biggest one. I caught my first fish on Ely Lake and it was one of my favorite kind of fish a walleye. These are some of the reasons that I want to live up there to fish.

So when I am older I want to live up north for three reasons which are hockey, four wheeling and fishing. The exact location that I want to live at is Sparta which is by Eveleth, Minnesota. Now you know three things why I want to live up north. I started my life Up North and I want to finish it up north. For this essay you now know where I want to live and why I do by only knowing three things about it.