The Incredible City | Teen Ink

The Incredible City

December 15, 2014
By Anonymous

What’s better New Orleans or Rio? In my opinion New Orleans is way better because of its culture that they have and that energy that people have makes it one of the best places in the world. Rio has good beaches but it doesn’t have the best seafood like New Orleans. But New Orleans has a lot of weird things that make it interesting while Rio doesn’t have anything in common but just violence.

 

 Voodoo was originated in the African kingdom of Dahomey. Voodoo is very creepy but it keeps your mind into it. The most interesting part is that the snake is like there god the one that gives them sight and they use dead reptiles to fix someone or something. When you’re walking thru New Orleans streets you see voodoo shops every way, inside the voodoo shops you see skulls, dolls and animals. While Rio doesn’t have nothing interesting to see or study about.

 

The staple of New Orleans cooking is seafood. The food is very fresh and delicious, while you’re eating there Cajun people are dancing, playing good zydeco music and making the place feel fun. The best seafood in New Orleans is called the bayou crawfish; people claim it is far from delicious. Probably Rio has more fancy restaurants but they don’t have the perfect taste like New Orleans food does.

 

Jazz is one of the best music, and way better then Samba. Jazz musicians improvised on trombone, bass, cornet or trumpet, experimenting with new harmonies and beats. So actually Brazil copied some of the jazz music to make “Samba.” Some things that make jazz better is the good energy that it gives you, you could find people playing jazz music in almost every corner and they use it for funerals.

 

New Orleans is obviously better then Rio because New Orleans got a lot of cultures that are interesting ,while Brazil doesn’t have nothing in common or secrets like New Orleans.

 


The author's comments:

i choose New Orlenas as the best city beacuse in my opinoin the people are the ones who give that energy and make the city the best place to be.