New Orleans: The Most Intresting City in the World | Teen Ink

New Orleans: The Most Intresting City in the World

December 15, 2014
By TyL17 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
TyL17 BRONZE, Sacramento, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
you only live once


    What is the best city out there? Obvious New Orleans, it’s even better than Rio at least to most people in Mr. Johnson’s classroom. They might have a few things that might be cool but they don’t have classic and original things like New Orleans. Unlike Rio always be copying other cities and try to make it better. Well let me tell you some things I prefer New Olean’s to be better.           
 

First of all New Orleans is the coolest city because we got more mixture and weirder things which makes it interesting. New Orleans got Jazz that is Original meaning New Olean’s is born with jazz, so that we have Jazz funerals and Jazz stars, such as Louis Armstrong, King Oliver, jelly Roll all got their start in New Orleans. We also got of mixture of style in the music and perform everything from zydeco and gospel. WE also go jazz all over the streets in New Orleans so where ever you go you here jazz, one of the best part about New Orleans.

Second of all we got voodoo! The weirdest culture but interesting to learn about voodoo. Voodoo Originated in the African Kingdom of Dahamey. But unlike Rio they have their culture called Catholism which already sounds like it’s boring and it’s not even so as being good as voodoo, reason why is because its creepy either witchcraft and black magic which they can use dolls for different things and so much more, and the best part about voodoo is their god which is a snake and they call the snake Zombi! That has be the best fact about voodoo and honestly for me Rio’s religion sounds boring.

Last but not least we have the best cemeteries ever and that’s because of two things one is the cemeteries are above ground! The reason why the cemeteries are above ground is because there were several floods at New Orleans that made the underground all water. Which is interesting than others cemeteries about the world. The best fact about New Orleans Cemeteries is the voodoo Queen which she’s buried in the St. Louis #1 cemetery and her name was Marie Luvou. Rio probably has those boring underground cemeteries. So has I told you, New Orleans is way better than Rio just because we have original things and interesting as well


The author's comments:


This piece is about New Orleans vs Rio and trying to write things abut New orleans to prove that Rio sucks.