No one will understand | Teen Ink

No one will understand

By Jose amaya BRONZE, Nashville, Tennessee
Jose amaya BRONZE, Nashville, Tennessee

This story I will talk about was when I went to El Salvador. I went to El Salvador to visit family, and to look/travel around. Went to beaches, went to the capital of El Salvador, San Salvador. Everything was fun and cool to see stuff we don’t see here in Tennessee. There was something that touched my heart, which was sad.
After being in my house for a couple of days over in El Salvador. I went to visit family. Some of them were okay, but some weren’t. Not just my family, but other people families. Not okay in some way, their houses aren’t compared to ours here or houses other people have over there. There are 3 types of people. One is the high class of people. The second is the middle class people and the low class people. Let’s say they were the low class family. Their houses are made out of logs, with metal/aluminum walls. That when it rains, water goes in their house. When there’s hard wind, the wind can even take their house, because the house is not very stable.
Another thing that was sad was when I seen little kids even people with no shoes. They would be walking barefoot. You know why, because they can’t afford that really. Maybe all they have is shoes to go to school or go out in special occasions. Many with ripped shoes.  They could get hurt like that, there’s a lot of stuff dropped in the streets. Could be glass, cans, stuff that can hurt your foot.
Other, is not all have electricity. They have no light at night or at no point. They have to sit in the dark, with no light. They have no TV. They have nowhere to charge their phones.
Something that got to me was that, some kids don’t go to school. Some don’t go, because school is too far. Some, because they rather go to work to help family out. So, they can have something to eat. Not everybody get their education, for many reasons. They won’t be someone in life, because of how they live. There are many reasons why kids don’t go to school over there.
People sometimes don’t even have what to eat. They have no money to buy anything. Nothing they can drink. Except water, sometimes not even water. How do you think they feel when they’re hungry and have nothing to eat?
It’s sad, because most of us have everything we need. Stuff they probably won’t even get it. It’s real sad, because most of us don’t take advantage of what we have. Some complain about not having a great life and that they don’t have nothing and that they wanted more. Should be happy you got what you have, because others are hoping they could have the life you and the stuff you have. Here in America most of us have a great Future, because we get our education. We will be able to a job, right after high school. They don’t some don’t have schools nearby. Were most likely to get a scholarship, they don’t because they don’t go to a good/high class school. A lot of people like to waste money on simple stuff. I know couple people that buy stuff, but they don’t even use it after that. They can use that money for something worth paying for. Those low class people are wishing to have that money that you throw away on simple stuff.
No one will understand. Only people that have seen it and that have experienced it. Other than that no one will. People will probably think this is a joke, because they have everything they want.
If I would have been raised in a high class family and I should’ve experienced that. I would have helped those people, with food, electricity, and clothes. Also, build schools nearby. Some people that have gone from low class to high class forget about their old life. How they used to live. If that was me, I would always remember and I would work harder so I can help them out. I wish I could help those people, because they don’t have what I have. There’s people around the world that are like that, and we’re here getting our education on some fresh clothes and eating good food. This is something no one will understand, because not really much people have seen that. This is my personal narrative story.

This piece is basically letting people know to be happy about what they have. People around the world, don't have what you might have.