Come With Me to Paris... | Teen Ink

Come With Me to Paris...

By Ghila Evansky BRONZE, Morristown, New Jersey
Ghila Evansky BRONZE, Morristown, New Jersey

I call it the spotless city. It is so clean and lovely, and there seems to be nothing wrong with it. When the sun shines, it enlightens the city even more, by projecting its golden rays all across Paris. And when it rains, it is just as beautiful: from the clear raindrops that fall ever so lightly on the window panes. And the sound of soft pitter patter as it lands on the streets. A rainy day is never a bad day in Paris.

There are so many streets filled with endless restaurants, shops and cafes. Little cars and motorcycles go up and down the busy streets. When I tasted the crisp warm pastry of my first croissant, it was like another world. The chocolate on the inside comes as a pleasant surprise. Calm jazz music fills the air, creating a steady atmosphere. Every man and woman I see is impeccably dressed in elegant couture from head to toe. The Eiffel Tower looms above me as I have yet to climb it. Noise fills the air, and tourists fill the streets even more.

It is summer, and I couldn’t be in a better mood. Just being in a new country makes me overjoy inside. Paris was the place to be. Even the littlest things, like the birds in the sky, or the smell of fresh coffee made me feel delighted. The whole time I was in Pairs, I couldn’t stop smiling. Not a care or a worry crossed my mind, for it was my vacation time. With my sister by my side, we were overjoyed to be here. As I made my way through the streets, I could hear quick French chatter.

The air was warm and slightly humid and the sun gleamed through the gaps in the Eiffel Tower. I followed my family to a big line where people were standing. We stood in this line for 20 minutes, and then we were squashed into an elevator that led us up to the main floor of the tower. Then, we had to climb the rest to get to the very top. I felt so high up, as though I were a giant. Soon, we started to climb, slow and steady up the metal narrow steps that lead to the peak. It was a shaky and steady walk up the stairs. We must have climbed at least 100 steps.

Finally, we reached a landing. We did it. We were at the top of The Eiffel Tower. My nerves kicked in, but they were quickly pushed away once I noticed the view. My mouth dropped, as I took in my surroundings. It was like a dream. I had a full 360 degree view of the city. Trees and buildings covered what was below us. Clouds filled the sapphire sky, and I could see past the horizon. You wouldn’t get this in New Jersey. No one would ever imagine that there is such a place that is so different. I feel so lucky to be able to be here. 

A swift breeze of summer air moved just enough to get my hair out of place. I imagined what it was like to live in such a place. Getting to wake up every morning and see the Eiffel Tower through your window. I smiled, and decided to walk around the observation deck. My eyes never left the view. Never did I want to leave this moment. I had officially fallen in love with Paris. And I know I’m not the only one who has.

Ghila E. said...
on Nov. 25 2014 at 1:54 pm
Thank you so much for your comment! It means a lot to me and I'm really glad you liked it. Thank you.

mickeymouse8 said...
on Oct. 16 2014 at 7:39 pm
I love the way you captured the images of Paris, it sounds wonderful and I would love to go and see it thanks to your description!