"Sing You Home" Literary Cannon | Teen Ink

"Sing You Home" Literary Cannon

By Lexibear77 BRONZE, Jackson, Michigan
Lexibear77 BRONZE, Jackson, Michigan

"No boy is worth crying over, and the one who is wont make you cry."

Dear Literary Canon Board of Directors,

I am writing this letter because i believe the book “Sing You Home” should become a part of the Literary Cannon.

The first reason I believe “Sing You Home” should be included in the literary canon is the book has good morals in it. “Sing You Home” shows love and the fight to keep it, which is greatly needed in today'ss society. It also shows somewhat the life of some one who is gay, granted its not the same for everyone but it gives you a sort of over view.

The second reason i think “Sing You Home” should be included is because the book is very relatable to many kinds of people. Gays/Lesbians are able to connect to Zoe and Vanessa’s struggle to not only find love, but also to keep it. Those who are forbidden to date are able to connect with how everyone was against Zoe and Vanessa being together, even if they themselves aren't gay. Lastly, and sadly anyone that is trying to have a child but is unable to can relate to Zoe and Max’s struggle in the beginning, trying so hard to have a child.

The final reason you should consider ”Sing You Home” is because it teaches you something about life. You will learn a  little something about Rhode Island and Massachusetts Gay Rights. you also learn a bit about the process you have to go through to get a frozen embryo in the beginning of the book. You can a glimpse into the minds of a Anti-Gay church and how they are, well not all of them of corse.

As you can see,”Sing You Home” is deserving of the literary canon because “Sing You Home” has a good moral, it is relatable to all kinds of people and it teaches you something about life.

I hope that you will consider this choice for the literary canon. Thank you very much.

Sincerely,

Alexis R.

on Sep. 24 2014 at 4:13 am
BurrThistle GOLD, Jaipur, Other

Write to taste life twice, in the moment and in retrospect

nice review. I haven't read the book but i'll be sure to now :)