Universal | Teen Ink

Universal

By Koociemonster BRONZE, Chiang Mai, South Carolina
Koociemonster BRONZE, Chiang Mai, South Carolina

It was the last ride of the day, the 3D Harry Potter ride, and it was the second to the last day of our debriefing conference where we talked about being overseas. We gathered together for our trip day to Universal and Islands of Adventure in Orlando, Florida. The people who came along were: my sister, our two adult supervisors, and another boy. As we were leaving, we stopped by the kitchen to get some lunch to bring along. The ride wasn’t very long. We drove down Hollywood lane and parked on the top of the parking garage. The place was huge! It was so awesome! When we got our tickets and put our bags in a locker we made our way to the Mummy ride. It was so cool inside, it was like we were in the movie. It was dark and had all kinds of things that represent the Mummy movies inside. On the ride there were the nasty bugs and it sounded like they were crawling everywhere. On the side, the mummy popped out of its coffin. After that ride, we walked to the other end of the park to get to the Men in Black ride. It was like walking through the actual Men in Black organization. On the ride people got to shoot monsters and also your opponents.

We went back to our locker to get our lunch and eat it. After we ate we walked around the park for about 30 minutes to let our food settle. We got in line for the Despicable me 4D ride, and it was so awesome. Everyone was turned into minions. After we got off the Despicable me ride, we went over to the Islands of Adventure side, and later went to the spider-man ride. It was pretty cool, but not my favorite ride. My favorite ride was the Harry Potter 4D one. It was amazing the ride was in Hogwarts and it had Hogsmeade too. Unfortunately, I didn’t get to have butterbeer because we didn’t have time to stop and get some. You actually got to walk through the Castle on the way to the ride. It was so cool, and the detail was so amazing, it looked like you were actually in the castles from the movies. The seats were like cubby holes and you sit in them and they lock you in. There were four seats per section of seats. Then, it took you all the way through the castle. It was so realistic, the noises and the dementors. Their cloth robes were also flowing around like in the movies. The dragon blew breath on you and it felt like it was actually breathing on you because it was warm. The castle also had screens, and they were 3D and made you feel like you were actually on a broom. It was the best. When we finished with the ride, the whole cast congratulates you on a screen and you get a slip for your pictures. The only bad thing about it was that it gave me a headache because the screens were nauseating and we moved around so quickly. When we were done, we made our way back to the car and went back to the place that we were staying at. The day was so much fun. I learned that you can have tons of fun with lots of people you don’t really know, but also just to appreciate everything I have. Lots of people would never have the chance I got to have on this fun day.