Increase Ticket Prices for Better Seating | Teen Ink

Increase Ticket Prices for Better Seating

April 14, 2014
By RobbyFouch BRONZE, Mcdonough, Georgia
RobbyFouch BRONZE, Mcdonough, Georgia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Airline companies tend to compare their prices and flight comfort to many of their airline peers. Recently companies have set out to make their planes increasingly luxurious. Airline companies like Delta, United and American Airlines are adding lie-flat beds to their business class. The increase in comfort does not come without an increase in price. Where first class used to be four times the price of economy fares, it is now nearly ten times more. It is extremely outrageous the cost and distance people are willing to go for a couple of hours of comfort.I find this article to be extreme. I don’t think that airline companies need to go this far and charge this much for a flight. People have been flying the same way for many years and were able to get off the plane safely. If there was no issue before there should not be one now. The idea of a lie-flat bed on a plane is not only unnecessary but quite dangerous. I recommend that people find an airline that fits their comfort level and their budget.


The author's comments:
I thought it was crazy how beds on planes are starting to occur. This may seem cool but can also cause hazardous problems.