Temperate Forests | Teen Ink

Temperate Forests

By LilyAnn367 SILVER, Ransom, Illinois
LilyAnn367 SILVER, Ransom, Illinois
8 articles 1 photo 1 comment

I Believe everyone has a destiny. I believe everyone has a soul mate out there. It's just the matter of finding them. Some people go through their whole life without finding them. And others find them in a matter of years...

Come along with me, to explore one of the most fascinating forests. The Temperate Forest.
The Temperate Forest is one of the most amazing forests because of its beautiful flowers, plants and wonderful animals. But it just so happens some of theses animals are endangered. We endanger these animals with our pollution. We also endanger them by cutting their habitats down, such as trees. We cut it for paper, buildings, and more. But I’ll get to that later.

Happens to be, The Temperate Forest climate is mild, sometimes sunny. The climate can be damp, especially when it rains. Summer in the forest can be very hot, sometimes dry. The Temperate zone is a fine place for fish, the nearby ocean keeps this zone cool and mild. The wind brings moisture into the air that blows across the forest.

Meanwhile, the plants that grow there are beautiful. Flowers appear on calm, sunny days. Bluebells are flowers. This plant often grows in the forest. Six petals curl back at the tip of the flower. Bluebells can grow up to 20 flowers on one stalk. Plus they are very pretty. Did you know, coco beans grow in the Temperate forest? Without coco beans we wouldn’t have chocolate.

In addition, some of the animals you seek here, are the ones you would find in a zoo. Such as owls, birds, foxes, and more. But not all the animals are basic ones you would find in a zoo. Some are more left alone than others for example, wild rabbits, squirrels, badgers, field mice, moles ,snails, and lots others. Here are some that are very rare. Giant wood wasps live in Asia, Europe, or Northern Africa. Woodlice like to live in the forest also, so watch yourself! There are lots more animals I haven’t told you about, so if you want to learn more make sure you look at books in The Forest section in your local library.

In the beginning it wasn’t as much but people endanger the forest all the time in many ways. They take advantage of the forest by, polluting, forest fires, cutting trees, and many more. If people continue doing this we will have nothing left. You have to consider the animals side too. The animals habitats, sources are being cut down. So I’m asking you please use less of their resources. People don’t realize the damage they are doing. It could possibly harm or kill animals.

Long ago ,when we didn’t have half of the resources we have now . People used the forest a lot. It was very useful. They needed it for everything. But now we don’t need it as much. Back then they used it for food and shelter. Now we have metal and clothing. You can help the forest by recycling, not cutting down trees until we absolutely need it, and protecting animals from extinction.

As you can see, the Temperate Forest besides its beauty needs help. It’s a wonderful forest besides the damage. So please help the forest as much as possible. In return, I will promise you a better world for you and your friends and family.