Me, My Dad, and a Guy with a Stuffed Giraffe | Teen Ink

Me, My Dad, and a Guy with a Stuffed Giraffe

By lilyisawesome BRONZE, Rochester, New York
lilyisawesome BRONZE, Rochester, New York

When my dad and I arrived at the top of the mountain, we could see hundreds of other mountains around us that were miles away. Upon the horizon, we saw the leaves changing into different colors.

Mt. Marcy was so beautiful, you had to see it to believe it. Even the wolves would like it too. If I were a wolf, I would have howled because of the beauty surrounding me. My dad and I had a fun time with each other while climbing the mountain and we got to talk about some things that were going on in life. I realized how much more I got to know about my dad by spending time with him in the woods. In life, people start to forget things about others when they get older and the memories are refreshed and you rediscover what they were like. For me I knew my dad when I was a little girl, but as time went by I got to know more about him and what he did when he was a little boy and it was amazing how much I found out about my dad.

For the past few days being in the woods we got to meet some college students from a university that wasn’t far from the mountain and we talked with them and got to know that they never been hiking on a mountain before and this was their first time.
I even met a guy carrying a stuffed giraffe with him. I asked him,

“Why do you have a stuffed giraffe with you?”

He said “I take it everywhere I go and I never leave him behind and it represents me seeing new things that I never seen before.”

I asked myself “I wonder if I should bring my stuffed dog with me next time I go somewhere?”

The next day, my dad and I packed all of our things that we had brought and hiked back to our car. Once we got there we were very tired and hungry. We immediately opened the trunk of the car and took out a bag of doritos and bottles of Dr. Pepper and we enjoyed them together because we were so hungry at the end. I asked my dad when I was done eating,

“May I howl like a wolf?”

My dad said “Sure.”

I finally got to howl one more time before we left. My dad and I had a wonderful time together and we both got to know more about each other and learn new things as well while also seeing the beauty of Mt. Marcy.

This is about my dad and I hiking Mt. Marcy and how we got to socalize and talk about life/

on Mar. 26 2014 at 11:26 am
How did my article sound like to you and what should i change to make it sound better?

on Feb. 24 2014 at 11:53 am
Thanks guys for reading this article