Road Trip to Big Sky Montana | Teen Ink

Road Trip to Big Sky Montana

By EvanHuss BRONZE, Richfield, Minnesota
EvanHuss BRONZE, Richfield, Minnesota

My first time skiing was when I was five, skiing in the cities of Minnesota. The hills were not powdery, they were groomed and solid. Luckily, my grandparents had a house out in Colorado and we skied there a lot . Ever since, I’ve been in love with skiing. I’ve been skiing for eight years and 2010 tested my skiing abilities by going to Big Sky Montana.

At five o’clock in the morning, my dad woke me up as the start our journey to Big Sky Montana. The car ride took sixteen hours long. The first state that we went through was North Dakota. North Dakota was very interesting because many parts of it are different. First we drove onto flat land, than bumpy hills, and the amount of snow was increasing.. The views were amazing, I tried to fall asleep but couldn’t because of how amazing those mountains looked. When I looked out the back of the car, I saw the snow swerving like a snake on the road because it was so windy. While we were in the middle of North Dakota, there was no one on the road other than a few semi trucks. It was so quiet and peaceful out there. I thought it was crazy for people to live in the mountains or even right next to the rode.

Finally, we arrived in Montana looking at the rivers and mountains. I was very curious about how people live on top of these mountains and how they get groceries and how their children go to school. These homes are not nearby stores or anything , but I still understand why they live out in the mountains, because it is so beautiful and colorful.

As we pulled into Big Sky, our jaws dropped by looking at the huge mountain that was laying in front of us. The trees glowed while watching the sun set and the snow gently sparkling on the mountain.

The next morning I woke up and ate a large breakfast because I knew that it was going to be a fun, long day and I need a lot of energy in order to ski. The hills were amazing, they were full of fresh powdery snow. The bright blue sky would shine around you and there's not a better feeling in the world than breathing fresh air and touching the soft, gentle snowflakes.Their were easy hills, hard hills, powderly hills, and hills with trails in the woods. After a long day of skiing, there is nothing better than relaxing in a hot tub. The jets blowing on your back and the heat soaking into your bottom half of your body and the cold wind in your face.

The skiing was amazing in Big Sky Montana. The fun snow,the fun slopes, and amazing sights, but other than that I saw how amazing these states are. The similarities and differences of them to other states. How what we do in our lives can be different from others by our resources. What each state is known for and the history and nature of it. How climate and these hills can create such beautiful things. I learned that every part of the world is different and unique for its own things.