Love of Italy This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Unknown
   Last year my school went on a two-week trip to Italy.We flew to Milan, and went to Rome, Florence, Assisi, Capri and Bologna.We visited many historical sites, including St. Peter's Cathedral, theStatue of David and the home of Marco Polo. We ate the best pizza I evertasted; the crust was very thin and really cheesy. My favorite city isVenice, the city surrounded by water. When we arrived I was madespeechless by the romance of the city. The people were beautiful and thecity made me want to fall in love. I have grown up in a Spanish-speakingfamily, and since Italian and Spanish are similar, I could order mymeals and speak with people.

I fell head over heels for Italy,especially Venice. According to the famous legend, because I threw acoin into the Trevi Fountain in Rome, I am destined to return.

The Longest Night by Anonymous, Allston, MA

Once, Long Ago by Andra N., Setauket, NY

Sushi by Joseph L., New Hyde Park, NY

By Erica R., Phoenix, AZ

Send your work

Email a Friend

Send your work

More Travel
TopRightExtra.jpeg
Extra160.jpeg
Extra160bot.jpeg
Teen Ink - PO Box 30, Newton, MA 02461 - (617) 964-6800 - editor@teenink.com
Published by The Young Authors Foundation, Inc. - A 501(c)3 nonprofit organization.
Copyright 2006 by Teen Ink, The 21st Century and The Young Authors Foundation, Inc. All rights reserved.
Thispublication may not be reproduced, stored in a retrieval system ortransmitted in any form or by any means,
without the writtenpermission of the publisher: The Young Authors Foundation, Inc.