We Had No Idea

As I look in this mirror I see who I’ve become. I see the makeup, the out fit, the hair. I hear the music playing. I see what I’ve done to myself. I remember when I was younger. We were all so innocent. We had no idea what was coming.

Everyone started to change in middle school. No, make that everything started to change. Suddenly what was cool wasn’t cool. It was cool to wear loads of makeup. It was cool to listen to screaming bands and talk about all the concerts you’ve gone to. It was cool to wear jeans so tight you couldn’t breath. It wasn’t cool to be you.

You. Underneath the makeup and the clothes you are you. It’s just that in this world no one knows the real you. They know the you who wants to fit in and be popular. They know the you who brags about drinking red bulls and staying up all night. They know the person whose picture perfect all the time. They know the fighter who gets bad grades and just dosen't care.

But inside you feel sad about growing farther from your parents. You feel like your walking on thin ice. If you say something wrong it’ll crack and your done. You feel tired from staying up drinking all those drinks. You feel hurt when you fight. You feel worthless when you get bad grades. You'll never admit it.
You feel worried someone will find out you've been pretending all this time.

So as I look in this mirror I see no one I know. I see what I’ve become. I see the makeup, the outfit, the hair. I hear the music playing. I see what I’ve done.

We had no idea what was coming