Airport Life | Teen Ink

Airport Life

Swoosh!

Everything is swooshing and swirling around me, as I await my flight in my little section of the newark airport. Sitting awkwardly on my computer, glancing around nervously, I watch as expressionless people rush here and there. Oh, how fast life moves here! And such a life that is made in an airport like this. Resturants line the halls—some are just quickbites, and some full-blown buffets of all different cuisines.

Shiny little golf carts rush by, navigating all the foot traffic seemingly without difficulties. This is the most wonderful, shocking, amazingly-terrifying thing I have ever experienced. Now, for the next few years, I have a lot of travel ahead. However, this is the first of many airports I must go to, and it's only a pitstop on the way to San Francisco. I can't wait to see what the airports in Switzerland are like!

I wonder what goes each person's mind as they scurry to and from their gates. Are they thinking about a meeting they need to hurry to? A family waiting for their arrival? Maybe just wanting to get to their plane without getting runover by golf carts, like me. So much to think about in the time my flight takes to land—Such a magical place, airports are! If given the opportunity, I suggest you go to an airport to see what you think of them. Even if travel is not involved, an airport is an adventure in and of itself!