Sanibel Beauty | Teen Ink

Sanibel Beauty MAG

By oliviaglaessner GOLD, Okauchee, Wisconsin
oliviaglaessner GOLD, Okauchee, Wisconsin

Sanibel Island. A place that emits a feeling of euphoria and bliss. The trip along the three mile bridge to the island, as long as the shimmering deep blue ocean itself. A community where the sidewalks are made of sand, not cement. The island gives off a rush of clear ocean air, humidity, and good vibes. The beach is miles of white sand burning the bottom of your feet. Tattered starfish and smooth turquoise sea glass are underfoot with every stride. The flowers are vivid colors, their sensational smell is comparable to expensive perfume.

Pointe Santo feels like home. Rugged palm trees tower over the condos, providing shade from the boiling tropical sun. The bizarre glimmering pond, icky but pleasing to look at, is randomly placed at the heart of the complex. Two alarming but harmless alligators prowl the property. These creatures hide in the tall grass of the pond, awaiting a bite to eat. The grass they use for shelter has a similar shine to an emerald stone. Charming red bridges connect both sides of the river allowing wildlife and residents to cross while admiring the beauty: the blinding gleam of the pond, the velvety smooth sand, the unclouded turquoise ocean. I could stare for hours without getting distracted.

I will always appreciate Sanibel Island for its nature. The lanky palms that soar in the sky, the creatures that stalk the area. This incredibly special island is where I spent a portion of my childhood. It has a special place in my heart. Its exceptional nature is eternal, never to fade away. F

This is a place I made most of my childhood memories at. An astounding place with amazing nature and beauty, that is very special to me.