Nike Ad Analysis | Teen Ink

Nike Ad Analysis

June 8, 2018
By legosdopoop BRONZE, Atascadero, California
legosdopoop BRONZE, Atascadero, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

can swim on air! Not really but, Nike has swim gear that is so slick it is practically like swimming on thin air. The Nike ad I analysed invokes the idea that, the buyer will be able to swim faster with no resistance and, the buyer can get stronger while using Nike’s swim gear.

To start things off, In the Nike ad there’s a lack of water for a swimming ad. I also noticed that there is blue text that says “Zero Resistance” and, the only visible water is the top layer of water. When you put the observations together there is sort of a metaphor which is the man is swimming on air because, the lack of water and “zero resistance.” The idea getting put in the viewer's mind is that there is no resistance with nike swim gear.

Next, there is a man who is swimming in a competitive way. He is wearing a speedo, swimcap, and goggles.He is also swimming while using a butterfly stroke. A butterfly stroke is used in competitions or training and speedos, swim caps, and goggles are worn in competition. The ad is implying that if you want to look good and do good in competitions you got to wear Nike.

Lastly, the man in ad is very strong and fit. The man has a six pack and big muscles. One more thing is that the man has good form in his stroke. The man probably is a hard worker since he has muscles and has a good form. If a swimmer wants to be stronger, the viewer needs Nike to get stronger.

In conclusion, The Nike ad appeals to those who are competitive in swim or other water based activities. The ad implies the idea that you’ll be faster and stronger with no resistance to slow you down.