Penn State Football Game | Teen Ink

Penn State Football Game

June 5, 2018
By tylershelton87 BRONZE, Columbia, Pennsylvania
tylershelton87 BRONZE, Columbia, Pennsylvania
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

A couple years ago I attended my first big time college football game. The game pitted Penn State Nittany Lions (my favorite college team) versus the Maryland Terrapins in Baltimore. I had first learned that I was going to the game a few months prior and was excited ever since then. After a few months the day had finally came, It was game day. On that cold autumns day of October 24th I woken up with a smile on my face and butterflies dancing throughout my stomach. After a 30 minute car to the bus station my grandfather and I loaded onto the bus with several other Penn State fans. On the way to the stadium my grandfather and I discussed our opinions on how we thought the team was playing and also discussed other sports.

 

After an hour and half trip to Baltimore from the last pick up the time came we were finally there at M&T Bank Stadium home of the Baltimore Ravens, the temporary home for Maryland that day. Before I knew it, it was kickoff and Penn State had jumped out to an early 7-0 lead. Not long after Maryland tied the game. Then during the second quarter Maryland was winning 21-7. The game went on to be a little back and forth but after everything was all said and done Penn State managed to come out on top with a win of 31-30. I remember it like it was yesterday, all the yelling and screaming whenever each team scored. I miss that day I wish I could replay it every day.