Live with the Kings | Teen Ink

Live with the Kings

May 27, 2017
By ethereal_dar GOLD, Manila, Other
ethereal_dar GOLD, Manila, Other
11 articles 0 photos 6 comments

I came in the arena. I find my designated box seat and sit comfortably. The arena was full of thousands of die-hard fans supporting their teams. Some of them wore red and some wore blue. I was wearing red as my seatmate that was uncontrollably chanting the team even though they weren’t in. I smiled, I see the beauty of solidarity, in front of me. An epitome of unity that cause us to love the team even more.

 

Clusters of reds and blues came in the court and the chanting was getting louder and louder as the speaker introduced the first fives. The jumpball begins and the red team got the first three points. The game continued, fouls and timeouts complement the battle. It was raining three points, overtime occurred, in the last 0.7 seconds the point guard beat the blues by an unbelievable three point shot. The crowd was getting wild again, the reds won the heartbeat-skipping game that made me believe in them furthermore. The play ended, I wandered into the dugout and meet my kings, “You never failed to amaze me.”

 

My kings are popularly known as ‘Barangay Ginebra San Miguel Kings, the crowd’s most favorite team. I have lived my life with the kings since I was in my mother’s womb. My heart is beating for my kings, for the team that builds good foundation to inspire and motivate people to live life with achievements and purposes.

 

Heart, solidarity, trust God and passion are the recipes to grasp the triumphant. Kings are not just a basketball team, they are an inspiration and motivation to never say die in such circumstances. Life with the kings is enthusiastically fun. Playing and learning inside the court is a multi-tasking purpose to inspire everybody. Life is like a basketball game; to win the fight, be dauntless and optimistic. To win your life, live with the kings.


The author's comments:

 I smiled, I see the beauty of solidarity, in front of me.