Day of a Basketball Game | Teen Ink

Day of a Basketball Game

January 10, 2017
By GarrettMeis3 BRONZE, Blue Mound, Illinois
GarrettMeis3 BRONZE, Blue Mound, Illinois
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Basketball games evoke many emotions for me. My main emotion for a game is being excited. I am always excited for a basketball game no matter what. I always look forward to basketball games even days before the game. The atmosphere of the game and me just loving basketball so much, makes me very excited and I am always looking forward to a game.

The day of a basketball game is always better than a normal day at school. When I am at school I know I have something fun to do after school and I look forward to it all day and it helps me get through the day a lot easier. The game is always on my mind throughout my day and that is pretty much all I can think about. The atmosphere of game days with wearing nice clothes and everyone talking about the game makes it exciting and very different than a normal day. I really like game days they are way better than a normal day at school.

Right before the game a whole bunch of different things happen to me. I usually always get nervous before a game, and if it is our first game or it is a really big and important game, I get extremely nervous and sometimes I feel like I am gonna throw up. I usually have to eat something or drink some gatorade to prevent that from happening. In the locker rooms before the game is usually when I get nervous because we are going over what we are going to be doing for the game, and I think about the game a lot and it makes me nervous.

During the game is the best part and they are just so fun. All the fans cheering and yelling, and just the atmosphere of a basketball game is really fun. All of my nerves go away during the game and I just have a lot of fun playing and trying to beat the other team. You can’t beat a basketball game, even though it has all those emotions to me, it makes it really enjoyable. 


The author's comments:

I love the game very much and I play it all the time, so this piece was easy to write because I could just express my feeling about the day of a basketball game.