Baseball Game | Teen Ink

Baseball Game

October 14, 2016
By Anonymous

I just arrived at the field the coach told me i was pitching i started warming up for the game with the catcher i was nervous because it was the championship game. We were all nervous but i thought the whole team was relying on me to pitch well because i was in a very important spot. It was the first inning i started the game well with an out but it just went downhill from there i gave up 3 runs but the team got them back just after that. From then on i kept giving up runs but the team kept on scoring. After 3 innings the score was 7-7 thanks to the team for scoring runs which but the team stopped hitting so it was up to me to do well. I pitched shutout innings from there on out whiched helped the team lay off scoring runs.


I was tired but kept on pitching because i did not want to let the team down because i was also hitting very well which helped us score some of those runs. The 4th inning went quick it was a quick three outs and then we were hitting but we did not score any runs. The 5th inning went by quick to with another shutout and we were up again but we could not score any runs with runners on the corners. The same with the six inning i was on a role i got out the last 9 hitters which was great since the team could not score it was up to my pitching to keep us in the game still. We had runners on every inning but we could not score because we could not convert with two outs which we usually do really well with.


It was the last inning the coach kept me in the game which i was happy about i got the first two hitters out but the next two kids got hits it was now really up to me the count was full and the power hitter was up and i struck him out looking on a questionable call by the ump. We were now up the first hitter got on and so did the second but the next two kids got out i was now up it was up to me to get a hit to win the game or it would go to extra innings. The count was full i was shaking from the pressure the pitcher was fast but wild the next pitch was thrown i swung the bat and connected it was a double into the gap and the winning run came into home. Everybody started going crazy because we won the championship game i learned something from that game the kids did not pressure me i pressured myself which is why i did not do good in the first few innings of the game but after that i pitched great.