Keep Dreaming | Teen Ink

Keep Dreaming

September 23, 2016
By Shalneev BRONZE, Sacramento, California
Shalneev BRONZE, Sacramento, California
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Dream. That is the one thing that everyone does. You can dream about things  that you want to change or become better. You can dream about your future or what you want to happen while growing up. My dream is to become a NBA player. I know it’s crazy, but it’s a wild dream that i hope comes true.

            

I’m going to have to do a lot of things to get there. One thing i have to do is make the high school basketball team. Last year during practice i got nervous and my nervousness made me mess up a lot. I also need to get my sports physical to join the team. Last year i wasn’t able to get it in time so i didn’t get a chance to tryout. So it messed me up even more.

            

Another thing that i have to do is practice so i can become better. If i practice and i make mistakes i can learn from it and not do it again. I can practice at home at the park or i can come to basketball practice at school. Any one of those practice will help me become better. In my opinion, i think the school practice will be better for me because i can play against other people and learn from them and become better. Meanwhile if i was playing alone i wouldn’t  become better playing than playing by myself.

            

Lastly, i think that i should watch NBA players and see how they play and what they do. I can learn a lot of things from them, because they have already been through all this and got successful careers. There are a lot of things online about basketball. Maybe i can google some things and learn some drills for me to do. I can also go on youtube and watch some videos on basketball on there.

            

Lots of people dream. I hope my dream comes true one day, maybe it will. I can do a lot of things to make it come true, like practice and join the high school basketball team. This is one of my crazy dreams that i hope comes true. You can dream about your future or something that you wish happens now. I hope my dream comes true one day, maybe it will one day. I can do a lot of things to make it come true, like practice and join the high school basketball team.
           


The author's comments:

This is a crazy dream that i want to come true.