Stone Bridge Basketball Whiteout | Teen Ink

Stone Bridge Basketball Whiteout

March 4, 2009
By Paul Ratliff BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia
Paul Ratliff BRONZE, Ashburn, Virginia
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

The Stone Bridge Bulldogs basketball team has had it ups and downs, but the students are going to give the team all the help they can get tonight with the whiteout. Our home court advantage is real and apparent. Some say the previous teams that Stone Bridge has played were having a bad shooting night, but it is clear to anyone that the student section had a clear impact on the game.


We congratulate our players for playing a hard season, and this game is the conclusion to the season and we expect to go out with a bang. The student section plans to pull out all the tricks including chants of air ball, free throw chants, na na na na na na hey hey hey goodbye!, and many others.


We love our sports here at Stone Bridge, in a May 2008 poll by Sports Illustrated we were rated the number one athletic program in Virginia, and forty fifth in the country. The student section is basically holding down home court tonight and the gym is going to be rocking, go bulldogs! Beat McLean!

The author's comments:
I loved writing about stone bridge athletics please consider this submission!