My Life and Football | Teen Ink

My Life and Football

Well the sport of football is amazing. Everything about it is just so cool. To me football is the best sport in the whole dang world. I love football to death.

From the time I was four years of age I always carried a football around with me everywhere I went. It was a comfort to me. Instead of a blanket, I had a football. I don't know why I carried a football but I did and my parents didn't really mind it much as long as I didn't break anything with it.

I started playing football when I was in the first grade. I was the best on the team being completely honest (even ask my buddy Alex white). My first game I scored 10 touchdowns because I was faster than everyone else there. I played for the don Thompson raiders and it was a huge blast . I loved it so much.

At the end of the season we ended up winning the Super Bowl thing. I was the quarterback the whole year. I got the QB of the year award and I still have it to this day on my shelf. I was very proud of my first year of football. We won all of our games that year.

My second year playing football sucked. I moved up in the age group and had a whole new team and I didn't get to play quarterback at all. I only played defense. I didnt play any offense. We never ended up losing a game that year and I won the Super Bowl again. But guess what? I got defensive player of the year at the banquet.

When I was in third grade I started playing football for my high school. I loved that year. I started and played all the time. I rarely sat out and 3rd grade played with 4th grade so it was really hard to get a spot because of the older kids that played.

That year was weird for me because we played other schools. I thought it was cool though. Our team was really really good. We didn't win every game but dang near close to it . I think we lost 1 game both my 3rd and 4th grade year.

Pretty much same thing happened my 5th and 6th grade year honestly. Now 7th grade football was fun as heck. I was in middle school by that point. That was super fun. I think me and Austin nunemaker were the only two 7th graders to start. That year we ended up only losing 2 games and one of the games was because the other team cheated and the other loss is because of ONE stupid play call. I mean who calls a pass on the one yard line when they are beating us by one point? We ended up losing that game.

my 8th grade year was pretty wild. We weren't as good as we were the year before but I mean we weren't terrible , j think we more more united as a team that year if that means anything. we went like 5-3 I think. So not to bad . We were definitely a more defensive team than offensive .

Now freshman year is when my life changed forever. As we all know highschool football is harder than middle school. I made it through 2 a days and everything and I actually played a ton of varsity. I was really good. One practice I felt a pain in my knee and then when we had a scrimmage I went to cut on my knee and I completely blew out my knee. It ended up that I tore my ACL, MCL, and meniscus.

I couldn't play that whole year. I was devastated. I had to get surgery and I had to go through a whole bunch of physical therapy and stuff until I got cleared. It sucked.

About a month after I got cleared I was playing basketball and I wasn't wearing my brace and I ended up blowing my knee out again. I ended up getting surgery again . I am still in recovery to this day and I got cleared to play sports. I have been running , lifting and doing everything I need to do to make sure I can once again play the sport I love. Football.