Golden State Warriors Historic Run | Teen Ink

Golden State Warriors Historic Run

By ShivamShah BRONZE, Bossier City, Louisiana
ShivamShah BRONZE, Bossier City, Louisiana

The Golden State Warriors have been on a hot start this season. When they started this season they started a record 24-0. They are on pace to pass the 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls who won a record 72 games. They have had records since the beginning of the season. This Warrior’s team has a lot more similarities to the Bull than you think.

If anything the Warriors are having a better season. There was no champion slump for these 2015-2016 NBA champions. They started an NBA record 24-0 beating the record previously held by the 1948-49 Washington Capitols and 1993-94 Houston Rockets which was 15-0. The 1995-1996 Chicago Bulls however started 22-2 which is still a great start. The Golden State Warriors were also the fastest to get to 35 wins in 37 games. However, the Bulls got 35 wins in 38 games. The wins are not the only thing similar to the Bulls.

The two teams are also similar in that they both have similar statistics. The Bulls and the Warriors both led the league in points per game at 105.2 and 114.3, respectively. Although, the Warriors are 18th in defensive points per game, and the Bulls were 3rd, the Warriors score so many points it does not make a difference. The Warriors and the Bulls are both 4th in the league for rebounds. The Warriors are ranked 1st in assists, while the Bulls were 5th. When it comes to shooting percentage Chicago was 7th, while Golden State is 2nd in the NBA. Golden State is even better at threes as they are 1st, but Chicago also went up to 3rd. The stats for the two teams are very similar.

The two teams are also very different. The Warriors are a team that likes to shoot threes, while the Bulls shot really only two pointers. Golden State like to play small and fast, but Chicago was a power team. A lot of the Bulls also had a lot of experience like Michael Jordan, while othe than last year the Warriors don’t really know how it feels to be in the limelight. This Warriors team also is not that physical and the Bulls had to deal with a lot of “dirty” plays.

As the season goes forward it will be interesting to see if the Golden State Warriors get to 73 wins. No one expected this run and the Warriors keep going. No matter what happens the Warriors season will be great. So I leave you with this do you think the Warriors will beat the Bull’s record?