Basktball is the sport | Teen Ink

Basktball is the sport

By Amber#30warrior BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska
Amber#30warrior BRONZE, Omaha, Nebraska

Have you ever played a game so unique and that's a full contact sport? Well probably most of us has. I am going to tell you a little story of my fun experience with Basketball.

When I first touched a Basketball I knew I could do whatever sport I wanted and as soon as I had a choice I said basketball. When I first started I had no idea what so ever, so I played for the YMCA for 1 year then I tried for that red, black and white uniform. Yes Westside select team. We did many drills it was very tiring. We did full court lay ups, 3 on 2, and we scrimmaged. We ran suicides, lines and down and backs. Afterwards I was so tired I wanted to leave right then but I kept trying and I worked even harder.

It got annoying because that the basketball shoes kept squeaking and squeaking and I felt like putting plugs in my ears but I didn't I just kept going. Afterwards the coaches said we will give you a call in 2 days so as we waited for that nerve-racking call all of us scared and a little excited we heard the phone ring and my mom rushed over to the phone as fast as she could and it was coach Anderson and he said ' Amber did a great job and we would like her to be a warrior.

So my mom hung up the phone and in a very excited tone she said, 'You made it!!!' but this was two years ago I've been with the Warriors for 2 years now and I tried out for the school and made varsity and I'm achieving my goals to play basketball throughout my middle school and high school career and now you can do that too you just have to try at what you really want.