Game Day | Teen Ink

Game Day

October 1, 2015
By the_greatgavino BRONZE, Wilminton, Delaware
the_greatgavino BRONZE, Wilminton, Delaware
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Lets stop improving and lets prove.


Every game day I just get this feeling, I don't know what to call it but I always get it. Game day is always a special day. You get to wear your team jersey to school and show of your number. When you wake up all you can think about is what's going to happen in the game. Some days I can't just wait to get out of school to get my mind right for the game. 

   

When I walk through the halls I get a lot of good lucks and what position do you play. I also get asked how is the team, who are you playing and do you think you will win. Sometimes it's hard to answer the question because of the team we play that week. Then we always have that group of people that just bash on the team. It's ok though because every team has it haters.

  

It's hard to focus on class when all you can think of is the game. It runs through my head all day, what is going to happen what am I going to do. But I still find a way to get my work done and think about the game.

  

When I get to lunch the team usually sits together. We talk mostly about what we need to do in the game. We also talk that normal sports talk like everyday. We usually get rowed up but not to much so we don't get in trouble.

  

When the bell rings for the end of school i get so excited. I know the game will be soon and I can't wait. We all have to go to the room to relax for the game. We wait for about 2 hours to focus and get our minds right.

  

When we go in to the locker room we get our uniforms we start to get ready. We play music and start to get excited and have fun before the game. When we get our uniforms on we always take team pictures and pictures for my self.

  

My coach comes into the locker room and gives us our pre-game speech. Then we make our way to the field as a team. Then we do our pre-game stuff to get ready. After that we line up for the national anthem. I always get a little emotional because I just love the feeling of being on the team and its just a great feeling.

  

Then I play in the game good or bad, I'm still excited. Win or lose I am still happy to play. It's just a feeling I can't explain. When I get it I get a adrenaline rush. I just love the game. I just love game day. There is no other day that I look forward to then game day.


The author's comments:

This is what really happens on game day and how I feel.