Fat People Don't Belong on the Team | Teen Ink

Fat People Don't Belong on the Team

April 7, 2015
By AlwaysInBeastMode GOLD, Suitland, Maryland
AlwaysInBeastMode GOLD, Suitland, Maryland
15 articles 0 photos 43 comments

Favorite Quote:
Your work is going to fill a large part of your life, and the only way to be truly satisfied is to do what you believe is great work. And the only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking. Don't settle.


I was told that I had a high risk of getting diabetes. They told me I had to eat right and cut out junk food and fast food. Each and everyday I would grip my stomach. I would look at the other atheltics and I wonder where do I stand. I want to do track I told myself. I'll go next Monday. Monday came and I got my black legging on and my t-shirt that say You Can Do It.  This girl told me I had to do 4 laps around the track. I said okay and I was smiling. I started running. I wasn't half way around the track and I was breathign hard. I stopped. I said wow Mya you stopped. You are such a disappointment. I told myself No I'm not a disappointment I can do it. I started running for 2 minutes and I stopped again. Laughter everywhere. People screaming FAT PEOPLE NEVER LAST ON THE TRACK! I held my head down. The coach looked at me and laughed. The team had to work out. I'm the only one breathing hard and I tried to catch my breath. My nose was running and my thighs were sore. I came on my cycle I asked God why is this happening. I grabbed my stuff and left. Next day I brong my navy blue sweat pants and gray t-shirt. I went on the track and started running I started breathing hard. I went back inside the school. I was banging my head on the wall and cursing. A girl asked me was I okay. I told her yes. Everyone went on the track and I was the only one walking. I stopped when I got at the cart in t he middle of the grass. I had to stretch. I started working out and sith the team and I couldn't handle the pain I grabbed my stuff and left. I said I'm a fucking disappointment I quit on the second day. I can do better than that. I GUESS THEY WERE RIGHT. FAT PEOPLE DON'T LAST ON THE TEAM. FAT PEOPLE DON'T BELONG ON THE TEAM BECAUSE WITH ONE LAP THEY ARE DONE.