Football is Everything | Teen Ink

Football is Everything

By Ghoey2020 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware
Ghoey2020 SILVER, Wilmington, Delaware

The first time I was introduced to football was at the age of 4. I didn’t know what I was looking at but I liked to hear the clashing sound of football players ramming each other. Football is one of the most popular sports in America.

I enjoyed going outside everyday playing football with my friends on a hot summer day. I would play on a team with four of my friends. I knew that it was a very aggressive sport so I had to be careful not playing with pads on. I saw football as an awesome mind reliever. It’s very entertaining to me and is a great way to exercise.

I started playing football at the age of 9. I was a small defensive tackle that was full of energy. I thought I could take any players down no matter size or age. I played for Claymont Falcons and our colors were purple, black, and white. My teammates and I had a special bond and we were determined to win.

I’m a huge fan of NFL. It’s great to see players get drafted in and get millions for perusing their passion. My favorite team is the Dallas Cowboys. My top player on my team is Dez Bryant who is one of the best wide receivers. Win or lose I will stick with my team forever.

I’ve learned from football that it’s an excellent way of showing your teamwork skills. Football also showed me to never give up on anything but to fight to the end. I think if football weren’t created life would be so boring.